Rules Questions thread

No, they don’t. At least not in the way you mean. The first point of damage done will be prevented twice, rather than the first two points of damage both being prevented.

1 Like
Not for FFA people

Can Blackhand Resurrector circumvent the hero limit, since the summoning is presented as an effect instead of a cost?

2 Likes

Unstoppable says “Can ignore patrollers when attacking.”

I understand that players can bypass the patrollers altogether when attacking, but can they bypass a patroller in the Squad Leader position and attack another patroller if they like?

Yes, basically, unstoppable allow you to attack whatever you want (that you can normally attack).

3 Likes
Not for FFA people

From the Codex Card Database, Blackhand Resurrector page:

Card-Specific Rulings

• If the hero in question is on cooldown from dying this turn or last turn, you can still summon it with this ability. — Sirlin
  • If the hero has an ability that triggers at max level, it WILL trigger. — Sirlin

Since it gets around one hero-summoning rule (the cooldown rule), I would think that it also gets around the other one (the tech building/heroes’ hall limit on number of heroes you can have in play).

@sharpobject?

Not for FFA people

Yes, you can use Blackhand Resurrector to summon your third hero while you have no tech buildings for example.

2 Likes

Does Quince’s mirrors that copy an enemy minion (the dispute when this came up was when I wanted to copy my cousin’s warp gate disciple), the turn Quince is summoned and midbanded, have arrival fatigue?

I would think so, otherwise they would more or less get haste for free.

1 Like

I think maybe your question indicates a misunderstanding of the rules. Mirrors don’t copy the ‘arrival fatigue’ status of the original. So it doesn’t matter how long the thing you are copying has been in play, it just matters how long the mirror has been in play. If you didn’t control the mirror at the start of your turn, it will have arrival fatigue (Of course, if it’s copying something with Haste, this doesn’t matter).

4 Likes

Just want to check, but when you suicide a hero you can’t play them on your next turn right? Like, it requires one of YOUR turns to pass not just a turn to pass.

2 Likes

Yes.[details=Summary].[/details]

3 Likes

Most likely true, but to confirm: Building Inspector increases the cost for the first one built each turn of all types of buildings (add-ons, played cards), not just tech buildings, correct?

That’s right.

1 Like

mirrors do not copy “arrival fatigue”. So if u played a mirror the previous turn, the following one u can copy the just played WGD with midband and immeditely use his ability (remember that midband trashes mirror at EoT). Otherwise you are just wasting 2 gold.

2 Likes

Question:

Morningstar Flagbearer is in opponents resist spot and only unit he has. My Vandy maxbands and I have no gold. Can I not target MF because I can’t pay the resist cost?

1 Like

That’s right. That would be the same even if it was some other unit in the resist spot as the only unit, of course.

3 Likes

Weird, but makes sense.

Do Overpower and sparkshot count as combat damage and trigger Jandra’s die effect?

Yes to both.

Abilities in Firebat & Whitestar grappler also combat damage?