Rules Questions thread

Hello, yeah, the thing lettucemode posted is correct.

Awesome, thanks. Also thanks to @Legion and @countcb. I have a stubborn offline opponent.

1 Like

Can you clarify this? I’m not sure it’s correct.

It sounds like he used the ability on Lobber rather than attack with Lobber.

1 Like

I have stupid question again:
If Prynn trashes a unit with her maxband, then LOSES levels before leaving, the trashed card is JUST gone right?
Deleted from existence because she no longer has her maxband ability: “Leaves: Return all cards to play that Pasternaak trashed.”

Stupid Deck plan if yes

Past-Necromancy-X. Netherdrain your own Prynn! Remove their units from the game forever!

Bonus stupid question if above is correct: If Prynn previously trashed cards, lost her maxband, and then gets it back – or dies and remaxxes to trash MORE units, her maxband ability will return ALL units trashed by ‘her’, not just those trashed by THIS particular maxbanding of Prynn, correct?

2 Likes

The maxband will return all cards to play that this particular Prynn trashed. So leveling Prynn down then back up will not permanently trash things, but levelling her down then letting her die will.

3 Likes

Prynn max level trashes cards A&B then get leveled down by nether drain. Then gets killed.
Cards A&B are still trashed

Later, prynn is summoned and maxed. Trashes card C&D then dies.

C&D return to play

A&B return to play too?

Based on how Sharpobject worded the above reply it SOUNDS like A&B are just gone for good.

Warning for all Necromancy players against Past – do not netherdrain and kill a Prynn who has trashed some of your cards.

Edit: Or do for the super secret tech to reduce deck size. /badplanbadplanbadplan

3 Likes

Yesit sounded like A&B are gone forever but I want to make sure.
Because this ruling would essentially mean that when heroes die, they die. Then when you resummon them,it is actually different hero that just happen to have the same name and abilities!!

So we can say the ability is interpreted as
"Leaves: Return all cards to play that this incarnation of Pasternaak trashed."

2 Likes

A&B are gone forever.

2 Likes

Does Ferocity apply to units that enter your control after the spell is played?

I would guess that it does not, since Stampede doesn’t affect such units (or am I wrong about that?)

If I am correct there, that also means that a ferocious unit stolen by the opponent will remain ferocious for its intended duration.

2 Likes

It doesn’t. I remember vividly this very issue coming up in a PbF game I had (might have been a tournament game, too) leading to me redoing my turn.

2 Likes

This is my new favorite deck. They might feel they need to kill their own heroes to get Prynn back up before she dies! Hilarity! Add Future for Assimilate, and try to take away everything they tech!

assimilate only works on upgrades and ongoing spells tho

Assimilate works on buildings too

2 Likes

Not tech buildings or add-ons

If you use Orpal Gloor, who “Deals damage … in the form of -1/-1 runes”, to attack a fresh 3/3 enemy unit, does the enemy counter attack with a force of 3 or 2?

Based on the rule that the attacker and defender deal their combat damage to each other simultaneously (absent any other special abilities/attributes), I believe the defender should be counter attacking with 3, but the question came up when playing with a friend. I ruled that the defender does 3 damage to Orpal, but it would be nice to have additional confirmation.

Yes, you’re right. Unless Orpal somehow has swift strike, the -1/-1 runes won’t affect damage dealt in the combat where they are received.

6 Likes

Free Speech

I play it so my opponent cannot use spells
Then my turn come again. Then my opponent again. Can he now use spells?