Rules Questions thread

Hi !
I’ve a question about StW in FFA.

The rule in FFA is :

And the StW’s one is :

[quote]
Each player sacrifices their weakest unit. (The lowest tech unit with the least ATK. You choose if there’s a tie for least ATK.)[/quote]

So using StW don’t give you money for kills, right ? Because you don’t “kill” opponent’s units, but opponents kill their units by themselves (although they don’t have the choice because it’s asynchronous).

3 Likes

When moments peace says the opponent can’t attack you does that just mean they can’t attack ur base? Or can they not attack at all

It means they can’t attack at all. Yes, it’s really strong if you’re under pressure and trying to build up to something.

Note that it only makes units unable to attack. Heroes can still hit you just fine (and of course they can cast whatever spells and use whatever unit/hero abilities they want).

2 Likes

Thanx, I played that way against my friend and I was mono red and I just lobbered him to death

1 Like

I would assume that StW gives you money. The units are being killed by StW.

Not sure. It sounds like should be the same as “Whenever an enemy unit dies on your turn.”

Update: Sirlin has clarified that players should not get gold for using StW. I’ll try to come up with a more general way of answering “Do I get gold for X?”

1 Like

Does any effect that causes a “sacrifice” mean that the unit sacrificed is technically killed by its owner, whoever that is, and not by the card generating the effect?

That’s right.

It’s easy to answer “Who killed a thing?” for stuff that just took damage or was killed directly (e.g. by The Boot), but I’d like to also give sensible answers for when stuff is dies by gaining or losing buffs or runes.

1 Like

@sharpobject Do you have an opinion on this one? Is the “until you have 10 workers” a one time trigger or is teching mandatory any turn you have less than 10 workers?

what do u mean with “one time trigger” ? the ruling is simple, until u have 10 owrkers at the end of your turn, u have to tech 2 cards. after that u can tech 0,1 or 2 cards. If for any reason u end a turn with less than 10 workers, next turn u are forced to tech 2 again until back to 10

It’s not that straight forward or I wouldn’t be asking. The rulebook says, “Teching two cards per turn is mandatory until you have 10 workers. At that point, you can tech 0, 1, or 2 cards. (Usually 0 is a good idea so you don’t bloat your deck.)” A totally valid interpretation of that sentence is “If you have ever had 10 workers, teching is optional.” Thus, the easiest way to clarify is to ask @sharpobject.

4 Likes

dude, u can believe me, is just as i said.

Oh, well if there’s already a ruling that’s cool. Is it in the old forum or something?

It has been discussed in this thread

The answer has been given by lettucemode.

It is hard to miss though… This thread is huge! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, yeah, the thing lettucemode posted is correct.

Awesome, thanks. Also thanks to @Legion and @countcb. I have a stubborn offline opponent.

1 Like

Can you clarify this? I’m not sure it’s correct.

It sounds like he used the ability on Lobber rather than attack with Lobber.

1 Like

I have stupid question again:
If Prynn trashes a unit with her maxband, then LOSES levels before leaving, the trashed card is JUST gone right?
Deleted from existence because she no longer has her maxband ability: “Leaves: Return all cards to play that Pasternaak trashed.”

Stupid Deck plan if yes

Past-Necromancy-X. Netherdrain your own Prynn! Remove their units from the game forever!

Bonus stupid question if above is correct: If Prynn previously trashed cards, lost her maxband, and then gets it back – or dies and remaxxes to trash MORE units, her maxband ability will return ALL units trashed by ‘her’, not just those trashed by THIS particular maxbanding of Prynn, correct?

2 Likes