Rules FAQs

On the old forums website that was taken down a few days ago there were some really useful FAQs for rules questions in Yomi. Do you know if those have been migrated somewhere, or if there is a place to ask rules questions?

I am also interested in seeing the Rules FAQ. I just picked up Yomi for the first time a week ago, so it would be nice to read it.

As for your question, I would think this forum would be the place to ask questions about rules.

It looks like the thread isn’t available anymore. I checked the online Yomi rulebook and it’s not included in that document. If you have a specific question, please ask in this category and we can help you out.

1 Like

The main few points covered in it were:
Normal draw
No healing above starting life
Max hand cap
And maybe one more that I’m missing…

2 Likes

There used to be a per-character FAQ.
Okay, do you think we can make a post in the Forums for FAQ?
So far I have the questions,
Does Persephone’s Mistress’s Command work if you play it with a dodge?
What can I use Joker for in Lum’s Poker Flourish? Also can you use the 10 your are playing as one of your hand / dicard cards?
Does Zane’s innate trigger when you dodge?

1 Like

Let’s see…
Yes
Yes, if it deals damage
Nothing
Yes
Yes

1 Like

I forgot what questions I had, but here are 3:

1. Same speed attacks trade, deal damage to both players, and then ends combat with no combo afterwards, right?

2. Continuing off 1, if that is correct, when attacks trade, if the normal attack hits and trades, does that player get to draw a card, per the normal draw rule? Or no, because they did not win combat since it was a tie?

3. Same speed throws cancel each other out and no one gets damaged, like teching throws?

Thank you!

1 Like

Same speed attacks trade, deal damage to both players, and then ends combat with no combo afterwards, right?

That’s correct. Both attacks hit and deal damage, but neither player can combo (nor pump their attack card).

Continuing off 1, if that is correct, when attacks trade, if the normal attack hits and trades, does that player get to draw a card, per the normal draw rule? Or no, because they did not win combat since it was a tie?

When same-speed attacks trade, the combat is “tied”, so neither player won; thus, neither player gets the bonus draw.

Same speed throws cancel each other out and no one gets damaged, like teching throws?

That’s right.

1 Like

Further question: With Vendetta’s innate, what happens when you win combat with a normal? You draw a card, then return the normal attack to your hand… then have can play a full 4 point combo? Or is the attack you won with returned once you are done with the combo?

it comes back right away, so you can use the same normal attack twice in a combo

Okay, and the one that is returned still does damage and counts towards the combo point cost?

1 Like

That’s right. Example:
Ven plays 2H and wins combat. Vendetta returns 2H to hand and draws a card (normal draw rule) and may then play a combo. Vendetta plays QD (Frost Web), 2H (which had just returned to hand) and QC for a total of 4 combo points and 18 damage.

2 Likes

It’s really too bad the FAQ is gone. There were a lot of clarifications in there that I never would have figured out on my own. (The interaction between Geiger’s Time Stop and Argagarg’s Bubble Shield comes to mind, as an example.)

I’ve been going through the rulebook again every now and then, and I think I misunderstood pumping. I thought you had discard X number of cards to pump and deal the + damage shown. But actually, to pump an attack, you only need to discard 1 card described on the card? If you discard more, you tack on the + damage again? Example:

Jaina’s Ace Red Dragon. Deals 10 damage. Discard 1 Ace, deal +9? Discard 2 Aces, deal +18, and discard 3 Aces to deal +27? Is this correct?

Also, with Jaina normal attacks, only 2 of the 4 normal attacks have chip damage?

1 Like

The card will specify the type of card you can pump, and the maximum amount you can pump. The + damage is applied for each card pumped in this way. So yes, it works the way you’ve outlined in your Jaina example.

Only Jainas red normals deal chip damage, yes.

2 Likes

Thanks mysticjuicer. Just to clarify, Jaina is supposed to only two of her four 2’s deal chip damage, only two of her four 3’s deal chip damage, only two of her four 4’s deal chip damage, only two of her four 5’s deal chip damage, and only two of her four 6’s deal chip damage? The other half of the set don’t have the chip damage icon underneath the attack damage in my deck.

1 Like

Correct, only two of the four cards in each rank. (Hearts and Diamonds, the red suits.) The black suits do not deal chip damage, and are strictly inferior. So when it comes to powering up for Aces or choosing which cards to buy back with Burning Vigor, keep that in mind.

1 Like

Yes. It’s a thematic thing. Since she uses fire, and fires are typically red in fighting games, her attacks that have fire will have chip damage on it. If you look at her attack art, the red normals have flames on her moves, while the black normals don’t.

2 Likes

I did not notice that it was the red suits that had the chip damage on it. Pretty cool. Thank you all!

And I just noticed that the move stat card specifically states red normals. Can’t believe I missed that lol

3 Likes

This is not rule. But I can’t find the thread.
I have a question.
Is this information is true?