Puzzle Strike Winter Series

The video glosses over what I think was a subtle but important blunder - zeromh crashed a :ps2gem: instead of a :ps1gem: on turn 3, thereby not shuffling on cleanup and instead exposing the crash gem to the crash potato Zane certainly had in hand.

The Improvisation into Combine+Crash that quaz called out as very lucky was actually a sure thing. The crash was guaranteed as the only chip in the bag.

As far as the :ps1gem: vs :ps3gem: decision goes, zeromh needed to get somewhat more unlucky to lose with the :ps3gem: crash than the minicrash. But the decision not to play Secret Move also contributed.

1 Like

"The Improvisation into Combine+Crash that quaz called out as very lucky was actually a sure thing. "

Ah that’s true. With the Crash and the Potato and the extra arrows, I had enough even without the combine.

“But the decision not to play Secret Move also contributed.”
That’s true. I was saving it as a brown to black washer in case I needed it.

Whew, what a finals!
Quaz vs Acrata
3-2
Match went nearly 2 hours, all long games. I liked making that last video I posted, I think i’ll do a big one on this match, sometime this week.
:chibitroq: :psfist: :pschip: :chibilum:
:chibitroq: :pschip: :psfist: :chibilum:
:chibitroq: :pschip: :psfist: :chibilum:
:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibilum:
:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibilum:

2 Likes

Pretty mad I didn’t remove color panic for game 5. I’m an idiot. Ggs!

Btw, thanks nopethebard and vengefulpickle for running this!

3 Likes

95% of the credit goes to @vengefulpickle. He did most of the work

Made a video on 2 of the matches, I’m new to making videos so its not super polished, somehow the resolution is a bit low, but hope you enjoy.

3 Likes

Nice games. On the videos the audio noise is more of an issue than the resolution. I don’t think your first video had that. In your first video I also liked that you went a bit slower (I think) and you switched back and forth between the hands more. As a viewer it let me participate more in thinking about what the player could do with their turn.

1 Like

Great games @qauz, and congratulations on winning the championship! You’re too modest about the Jaina games in the videos–I think you outplayed me.

Thanks @Nopethebard and @vengefulpickle for running the tournament! It was a blast, and I hope to play next season!

2 Likes