Possible to buy standalone card decks?

So, I play a lot of Pandante v2 with my family, and we’ve really done a number on the cards and betting board. I’ll probably spring for the mousepad mat soon, but I’m also curious if there are any plans to offer replacement decks for the 2nd edition. It’d be cool to be able to buy one and “refresh” my copy of the game :slight_smile:

I also think it would be nice to offer decks by themselves.

What version of the game are you using? If using the standard/basic version of the game and you need a new deck + board the current best option seems to be just buying a new copy of the game. If using the deluxe things get a bit trickier. An option to save your current deck would be to buy some opaque sleeves such as these: Red Sleeves If you have the deluxe set though the cards wont fit back in the box if sleeved and you will probably want a deck box to hold the sleeved deck. Sorry that this isn’t much help but it seems to be the best option atm.

I’m curious though, how did the board get messed up?

What version of the game are you using?

Yeah, I’ve got the Deluxe version. I’ll look into sleeving the cards, thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

I’m curious though, how did the board get messed up?

It’s not crazy damaged or anything, but sliding the heavy chips off the board toward the winner at the end of a hand has left a lot of scuff marks on the board over time. It’s very noticeable if you’re viewing the board from an angle that catches the light just so.

No separate decks were printed and it’s not cost-feasible to do a new print run of just decks without the game. If you have the 2nd edition deluxe set, be aware that the 2nd edition basic set has the same deck though.

Glad you like the game, btw! It seems almost like a secret game at this point, we somehow never even got reviewers most reviewers to LOOK at it. Spread the word. :wink:

5 Likes

No separate decks were printed and it’s not cost-feasible to do a new print run of just decks without the game. If you have the 2nd edition deluxe set, be aware that the 2nd edition basic set has the same deck though.

Thanks for the response! I kinda figured that was the case, but oh well. Good to know the cards are identical between 2nd-edition versions. I’ll consider grabbing a basic copy; it’ll be nice to have spares for the other components too - besides the deluxe chips, of course. I don’t think I’ll ever need spares for those. They are niiiiiice :slight_smile:

Glad you like the game, btw! It seems almost like a secret game at this point, we somehow never even got reviewers most reviewers to LOOK at it. Spread the word. :wink:

For sure! I have no idea why this game didn’t take off in a big way. It’s often requested by my gaming group, and I recommend it to others every chance I get.

1 Like

The thing with the basic set is the board is smaller. If you were playing with more than 3 people on the basic board using the clay poker chips it would cause problems because the chips are bigger then the spaces. Even at 3 or less players the smaller board could cause problems if a player was placing bets on adjacent spaces.

You would have back ups of everything else though (minus the chips like you said).

I’m also bummed this game didn’t take off. It’s my second favorite game and my favorite more than two player game.

Do you guys have any of your playthroughs recorded and uploaded? I would like to watch it to get an idea of the flow of the game, probably even better to watch people who really enjoy playing the game too.