Poll: Tournament Planning (UPDATED!)

Hey, it’s time to think about July’s August’s tournament! Let me know, what do you want to play?

0 voters

2 Likes

I want to change my vote pls

1 Like

Ok, I’ve been a bit lax, but here’s the poll for deciding what November’s tournament will be (I picked Balance Team Battle for the Sept/Oct tournament).

0 voters

Format ideas:

18xx: Troq/Geiger/Zane/Degrey/Arg/Lum/Grave/Oni/Sets banned

Pick a super: Characters only get one side of their super

Snake Draft: Team draft without teams, and less characters (possibly more bans)

Mixed tier stables: Divide cast into high tier, mid tier and low tier construct a stable with one from each grouping. (I also am heavily in favor of any roster type format allowing changing rosters between opponents. Allows more experimentation as tournament goes on)

1 Like

love mixed tier stable as an idea. 18xx interesting as well cc @vengefulpickle

Ok, November’s tournament is set, and the signup thread is over here: 19XX once more - #5 by vengefulpickle

So…

December’s Tournament Poll (Deadline: 11/15)

0 voters

if mixed tier wins (which i think it will) I would like to suggest the small change that I had suggested of I’ll make a price for each char you get a salary and make a team off the price

Works for me. I think that we’d need make sure teams are of fixed size, though.

yeah i was assuming teams of size 5 and matchups done like BTB in my head

Yeah, I think that makes sense. It could also be done as “win once w/ each character in your stable, loser counterpicks” style, I think.

Heyo, we have a winner! December will be Salary Cap Yomi nee Mixed Tier Stables. @mastrblastr, I’m gonna need that tier list from you when you get a chance.

January Tournament

0 voters

1 Like

Question: is there any place I can see the rules-summary for each of these tournament types? I happen to know what 19XX and Lum’s Lucky Lottery are, but I’m now sure I know what Persephone’s Pick Your Poison or Lum’s Long Odds are.

There’s not, at the moment, except by looking at old tournament announcements. But, I’ll try and throw together a Tournament Format thread w/ a wiki post for each format, so that we have them.

1 Like

Well, I’m late again (no surprise there, really). I’ll kick off another Solo Showdown shortly, and then start warming up the crowd for IYL to kick off in March.

5 Likes

IYL is winding down (several months later than expected, due to my change of jobs), so I’m going to start spinning up the regular tournaments again.

Mid-July Tournament

0 voters

3 Likes

Hey, folks. I know I said I would do a Mid-July tournament, but I’ve been thinking, and I think it’s time for me to hang up my TO spurs for a while. I haven’t really had the time to dedicate to it, and the tournaments have suffered for it.

Perhaps when I have a bit more time to invest, I’ll spin some tournaments back up. But hopefully in the meantime, someone like @Nopethebard will be able to take up the mantle and keep things running for folks

Best of luck!

5 Likes

I can try. Give me a week or so to figure out what to do with this position, but anyone who wants to offer input is welcome to do so. Also, if there’s someone who wants to do it and has time, I won’t object. I just want to have tournaments, and having multiple TOs is probably for the best anyway.

2 Likes

Also, I’m happy to give folks access to the challenge group that I’ve been running these tournaments under, as well. Just shoot me a message.

1 Like

What’s a challenge group?

https://iyl.challonge.com/ is where all the tournaments that I ran we’re hosted under.

1 Like