Poll: Tournament Planning (UPDATED!)

August is upon us, so it’s time to start planning October! A Halloween-themed tournament?

0 voters

Oops! It’s almost time for the October tournament to start (and November signups, as well), and I don’t even know what I should be making a signup for!

0 voters

2 Likes

This is for November, right? Since October is Round and Round?

Yup. Edited for clarity.

2 Likes

And we’re off on another tournament, so it’s time to plan the next one. November will be a standard 20XX counterpick tournament. And, for December, we have an exciting new option! @mysticjuicer has agreed to let me offer up 19XX: Titan 5 as on option for an upcoming tournament!

0 voters

1 Like

Looks like December will be 19XX Titan 5, so get hype to sign up for that later today!

January 2020

0 voters

1 Like

By nearly-unanimous decision (5 of 7 voters), we’re doing a Fast Timer tournament in January to ring in the new year.

Here’s the poll for February, and then I’m planning to start IYL in March!

February 2020

0 voters

I’ve launched February’s tournament. March won’t have a new tournament, because we’ll be starting IYL instead! April might, depending on how hungry folks are.

1 Like

Is there any chance of bringing back the Solo Showdown, or something like it?

(That would be a tournament where everyone picks one character at the start of the tournament, and no switching is allowed -you have to stay on your choice through all your matches. Some bans might be in order.)

3 Likes

Yeah, happy to add it to the list.

Poll Reference Wiki

[poll type=multiple results=always min=1 max=3 public=true]
* A Balanced Clash
* Persephone's Pick Your Poison
* Mirror Match Mayhem
* Yomi Crunch (Fast Timer)
* Lum's Long Odds
* Lum's Lucky Lottery
* Balance Team Battle (http://forums.sirlingames.com/t/balance-team-battle-tournament-idea/6066/42)
* Round and Round It Goes (http://forums.sirlingames.com/t/yomi-tournaments-ideas-sharing/5713/25?u=vengefulpickle)
* Take This Challenge (http://forums.sirlingames.com/t/yomi-tournaments-ideas-sharing/5713/2?u=vengefulpickle)
* Forever Double-Blind
* Counterpick Cake (http://forums.sirlingames.com/t/tournament-counterpick-cake-signups-open-starts-may-31/7301?u=vengefulpickle)
* Solo Showdown (Pick a character, take it through the whole tournament)
* 18xx (Troq/Geiger/Zane/DeGrey/Arg/Lum/Grave/Oni/Sets banned)
* Pick a Super (Characters only get one side of their super
* Snake Draft (Team draft without teams, and less characters (possibly more bans))
* Mixed tier stables: Divide cast into high tier, mid tier and low tier construct a stable with one from each grouping.
* 19XX
[/poll]

Hey, it’s time to think about July’s August’s tournament! Let me know, what do you want to play?

0 voters

2 Likes

I want to change my vote pls

1 Like

Ok, I’ve been a bit lax, but here’s the poll for deciding what November’s tournament will be (I picked Balance Team Battle for the Sept/Oct tournament).

0 voters

Format ideas:

18xx: Troq/Geiger/Zane/Degrey/Arg/Lum/Grave/Oni/Sets banned

Pick a super: Characters only get one side of their super

Snake Draft: Team draft without teams, and less characters (possibly more bans)

Mixed tier stables: Divide cast into high tier, mid tier and low tier construct a stable with one from each grouping. (I also am heavily in favor of any roster type format allowing changing rosters between opponents. Allows more experimentation as tournament goes on)

1 Like

love mixed tier stable as an idea. 18xx interesting as well cc @vengefulpickle

Ok, November’s tournament is set, and the signup thread is over here: 19XX once more - #5 by vengefulpickle

So…

December’s Tournament Poll (Deadline: 11/15)

0 voters

if mixed tier wins (which i think it will) I would like to suggest the small change that I had suggested of I’ll make a price for each char you get a salary and make a team off the price

Works for me. I think that we’d need make sure teams are of fixed size, though.

yeah i was assuming teams of size 5 and matchups done like BTB in my head