Periodic PS Meetups

Online right now if anyone wants to join me in Qm

Edit: Thanks for the fun games @Hobusu now we just have to play a 4 player game how crazy would that be !!!

1 Like

That was pretty fun! Iā€™m glad I had a brief chance to play again (but I wonā€™t have another chance today). 4 player is pretty crazy, but I donā€™t know how well Iā€™d be at winningā€¦ Puzzle Strike rewards having a high gem pile too much for me to resist sometimes! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry I missed it. Iā€™m usually busy that time of the week. We should definitely try to do this again sometime.

I could set up one of the online scheduling apps to see when good times would be if that would be helpful, or we could just figure it out since there is only a handful of us.

Iā€™m generally available Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon afternoon/evenings US Central time/GMT-06:00

I just bought the Steam version during the Thanksgiving sale, so I would like to try to play some games with you guys too! I really donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing in terms of strategy though lol.

Thatā€™s alright. I havenā€™t really played in a lot time. Also, I main Geiger.

Iā€™m always up for more Puzzle Strike! The main problem is just that some of our players are in way different time zones, so picking a time that works for everyone is impossible.

Hello Puzzle Friends. I return from a multi year hiatus (involving kids, moves, career changes, and life in general). Is online Puzzle Strike still a thing? Is there any on line tournament scene at all? Do the iOS and Steam clients play nice with each other? Iā€™m jonesing for some Puzzle Strike, and I need to know the best way to get my fix!

2 Likes

Iā€™m 99.9% sure the iOS and Steam versions can play together (only reason itā€™s not 100% is because I havenā€™t tried it yet, but Iā€™m sure Sirlin wouldnā€™t accept splitting the player base like that). I canā€™t answer the other questions, though.

Glad to see you back. I havenā€™t played in about just as long but Iā€™d love to again.

I donā€™t know if anybody has done anything organized in a while. We should definitely start some sort of semi regular tournaments to get people playing again.

And yes, all of the versions play together last I heard.

2 Likes

Anyone up for casual sets EU-tonight? Iā€™ll be available around 7pm - 11pm GMT. Just give me some notice here.

Apologies for not checking this post first, I started a similar post and then saw this one. ADMINs, please remove double post if distracting.

I am available Wed-Sun evenings (Pacific Time Zone), although I will be at work so might have to put game on hold if alarms go off and have to respond. Iā€™ve just picked up iOS version, looking to get familiar/improve so I can teach the tabletop version for our Gamenights!

Let me know if anyone is up for a once- or twice-a-week friendly match?

Bucky is currently dumbing down to teach me the basics Sundays PST, which is pretty sweet because Iā€™m learning a fair bit (or at least being exposed to a fair bit lol), but if anyone else is available sometime during the week to teach this newbie how to die less tragically it would be awesome. Iā€™d like to fit in one more session a week if possible. Cheers!

I really wish I could, but Iā€™m going to be too busy for the next two weeks (especially because of International Yomi League). Iā€™d love to play with you after that, though!

1 Like

Hi I keep strange hours and am vaguely mediocre at this game.
I can teach you some basics.

2 Likes

I can confirm that @Bryce_The_Rice is better than me and would be able to teach you the basics better, too.

(I think heā€™s also being humble, but I donā€™t know much about the Puzzle Strike community beyond ā€œmany people in it also play Yomi and/or Codex,ā€ so maybe there are others way stronger than him.)

1 Like

I can guarantee lots of people stronger than me, even if most of them donā€™t play anymore online.
Bucky is one such player.

1 Like

That would be great! Late to the party with this game it seems, but Iā€™m really enjoying it and hope to get better. Iā€™ll keep an eye out for you.

1 Like

That would be much appreciated! Even though there is a fair bit of randomness/variance in this game, it appears that much like chess the playerā€™s skill level is a huge determinant. Be nice to see some progress and glimpse some of the deeper strategies and tactics. Any advice and chance to play is welcome. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll keep that in mind, but right now Iā€™m happy to get a variety of perspectives and matchups. Be great to get in a few games sometime.

Bucky was really patient with me, gave me a couple fundamentals to work on before our next match. Iā€™m happy to get in a few games any time youā€™re available, need to see more of the banks!