Orange County, CA players?

Nice! I’ll be busy the following Saturday (11th), but I can play a few games on Thursday (9th). I can be there around 4:30pm.

1 Like

March is crazy busy for me, so unlikely I’ll make it down. But I hope y’all have a lot of fun! It sounds like there are enough folks in the Fullerton area that y’might be able to get together in a more impromptu fashion if the games go well. (:

I’m starting to think that we have enough people in SoCal that we could run a proper in-person Tournament if we plan ahead far enough. Are any other folks interested in that? Could we start spitballing dates down the line? (After tax season would be better for me, and I have some other obligations in early May, so late April or late May are more likely.)

2 Likes

I’m interested. Late April sounds great. That should give some time to get the word out and advertise a little bit too.

That Thursday should work for me. It will probably just be you and me there so please if something comes up and you can’t make it let me know. Because once I leave my house I can’t go back until 7/7:30 at the earliest (I live in Carbon Canyon work traffic going through there is crazy).

I would be very interested in this. If given enough notice we should be able to put something together.

2 Likes

That would be awesome to have a local tournament! Anything to grow the community in this area. I’d love to see this game take off around here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to apologize for not attending meetups, or even responding for the past couple months; they’ve been very busy and erratic.

That said, I’m always interested in playing more Codex.

I don’t think I’ll be able to make a Thursday meetup (distance+traffic) unless it’s pretty late in the night - that said, you guys should still go for it!

If we end up with a weekend date in the future, I’m definitely interested. Also, a Codex tournament sounds good to me (even if I’ll lose every match, hah); so count me in for that as well.

Glad to see new players playing this, and trying to make meetups happen. The more the merrier! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m always interested in Live Codex! And I can’t wait to play now that I’ve been practicing on pbf so much! Thursday I can try and meet up! I have school til 4, but could probably get to the dice house by 5 with a binder of some cards.

Very interested in any possible tournaments too!

1 Like

@ClanNatioy: Hah, yeah traffic going north or east is terrible after 5. Next Thursday (9th) I can stay till about 7:45. Is that enough game time to make your trip worthwhile, or would you rather reschedule? The Thursday after next (16th), I’ll be free the whole evening if that’s better.

Although if @NikoBolas comes too, that might work out perfectly. That way you guys can keep playing after I leave.

2 Likes

No that works out perfectly. I wouldn’t want to stay much later then that myself because I have work early the next day

Cool let’s plan for it then. Thursday 9th @ 4:30 @ Dice House. Open invite to anyone reading of course. I will post here if I am unable to make it for some reason.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can make it too. I have a 7:00 meeting somewhere, but I’d love to get a game or two in before then.

2 Likes

Alright, 4:30 today at Dice House. I’ll be there!

2 Likes

Omw be there in about 30min

I’ll be there at 5:30. See y’all soon!

That was a lot of fun! I hope we can all meet up again sometime for live codex action.

4 Likes

Indeed! I had a great time with @NikoBolas, @Stokes52, and @ClanNatioy!

@NikoBolas whooped me twice with Rook, gotta learn how to handle the big dude :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When playing mono Purple Origin Story is an extremely effective tool

2 Likes

I did get to do this once. It was very satisfying :grin:

1 Like

@drewper @Stokes52 @ClanNatioy @Momi @TheJTrain @Tallergeese @Alhazard @Akasha @Flikery

@NikoBolas and I are thinking about doing our CAPS game in person, possibly this Saturday (April 1st, though this is not an April Fools joke) at the Dice House. I know it’s the SoCal equivalent of last-minute, but is anybody else interested in meeting up then? (There should be table space until 5pm, when they have a MtG draft.)

Also, are there any dates in late April or late May that might work for a tournament for you all? If I do go down this weekend, I’d like to float the idea by the manager, check on standard tournament fees/prizes for the store (I assume store credit).

Also, are there any other suggestions for tournament prizes? When almost everyone owns the Deluxe set, what do folks want that is Codex related (or not Codex related, but still relevant-ish)?

4 Likes

What time were you planning on being there? It’s likely I can make it from 11am - 3pm

1 Like