New in-development game inspired by Yomi available on the Sirlin Games Patreon!

The New Yomi game is really really cool. Looking forward to playing more games. Honestly, having read the rules for it, I feel like the rulebook alone is worth my $10 for the month. :smile:

6 Likes

If any of you check it out and you’re on Eastern or Pacific US time let me know, I want to play more people. Send me a message through the forums or something.

6 Likes

Central and Mountain Time players need not apply

1 Like

Yeah, I mean that goes without saying. :wink:

1 Like

just tested the game on tabletopia with my girlfriend, yeah it’s great!
much closer to an actual fighting game than Yomi, quicker pace, more assymetric situations, more need of a long-terme gameplan, power-up too is much more strategic and in the center of the gameplay…
and rules are easy to get ! even if one of the two players hasn’t read the rulebook, has a poor english and hasn’t any experience on fighting games except Fantasy Strike !
the tabletopia portage is nice too, much less buggy than when I used to test it for Codex. we didn’t have a single crash, few lags and one time a blinking face-down card I had seen whereas I shouldn’t have but else great experience

6 Likes

So, who’s up for a game ?
Pbf / Tabletopia / Discord

5 Likes

I’m also interested on playing on tabletopia or pbf for both new games !
You can add me on steam (friend code 32151905) or discord ( C.Nietzsche#0467) or pm me directly there !
I’m on CEST but we can plan a game to fit other timezones.

3 Likes

Thanks for the games JonnyD, Bob, and variable! The game is making more and more sense to me! Super fun! :smiley:

5 Likes

I can now state, for the record, that PBF is a thing. I have games going w/ @Hobusu, @Lance14837, and @CarpeGuitarrem. If you, too, want to be part of this elite crew, let me know. (And, in fact, if you want to play PBF against someone who isn’t me, let me know and I’ll walk you through it).

6 Likes

looking forward to organize a FFA game for the first of the two games, pm me if interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

can i view the pbf games here? or somwhere?

1 Like

I personnaly play mines on private messages because the game is under NDA.

2 Likes

Yup, the PBF games are in private threads. If you sign up to the Patreon, let me know.

2 Likes

I already signed up in patreon :slight_smile:

Ah, in that case, I could invite you to a thread to spectate (or we could play a game)

1 Like

Do we play here in this forum?

Ayup! For the moment, in private threads, but I’m hoping @Sotek can hook us up with a Patreon/Discourse integration so that we can have a private Patrons only space and play in public threads there instead (and I don’t have to do the work of double-checking that the folks I’m playing w/ are patrons).

The games are supported by a bot (kind of a Tabletopia for PbF) that I’m in the process of writing, so there are still some bumps that I’m ironing out. But, it tracks private state, and does randomization, and supports making new aliases to express the game easier, so, it works.

1 Like

Nice. Maybe I can view some of your private pbfs?

Sure. Can you ping me on the discord (or PM me a Patreon screenshot, or something), since we don’t have the discourse integration yet?

2 Likes

I think it is easier to make custom characters for this new game here