Mysticjuicer non-SG videos

Not yet. I’m in the middle of my 4 island Rift Walkers attempt. Once that’s done I’ll switch to a new squad for a new set of videos. :smiley:

Y’all ever feel bad for the Spire?

The ridiculousness of this deck might not be immediately apparent. Note the three bottles, which meant that I started each turn with Offering (+2 energy and a bunch of draws), Whirlwind (8 damage times the number of mana spent when you play it), and Inflame (+3 Strength) in hand. The Du-Vu Doll also gives +1 Strength for every Curse in your deck at the start of each combat. Limit Break to double Strength, and that’s all she wrote.

3 Likes

Going to spend tonight editing some more ‘Into the Breach’ stuff. rubs hands together

1 Like
1 Like

Just beat Slay the Spire with my worst winning deck. On top of that I was able to defeat a boss I’ve never been able to kill before (the crowolf that starts with two crow cultists with him).

all of the cards in deck were upgraded:

Strike x3
Bash
Flex
Sword Boomerang
Inflame
Clash
Battle Trance
Thunderclap
Whirlwind
Seeing Red

Most of the relics I got were pretty bad some notable ones were:

Velvet Choker
Vajra
Orichalcum

Ever since I started watching speed run videos of slay the spire I can’t stop running defenseless decks.

1 Like
1 Like

Really glad I didn’t encounter the Time Eater on this run!

1 Like
1 Like

YUSSSS! Got the Speedrunning cheevo (beat the game in under 20 min) with this deck. Finished in 19:07, and like 2 HP left on the final boss. Only managed it because I got the Lizard Tail! :eyes: :sweat_drops:

Got the madness even right before the final boss, and couldn’t land either of them on anything useful (like Bash or Sever Soul). Can’t believe I didn’t find a single Battle Time! Would have made this deck so much more consistent and less nailbitey!

2 Likes

This deck is ridiculous. How did that even play out/how did you pull it off? seems like it will stall out once you’ve got 20 Angers in the discard pile. I wish I was tech savvy like juicer.

Just beat Ascension level 2 with a deck that is the complete opposite of what I’ve been trying to do. This one ended up all defense. All cards listed were upgraded:

Defend x4
Body Slam x2
Metallicize x2
Ghostly Armor x2
Bash
Juggernaut
Combust
Shrug it off
Entrench

Important relics:

Mummified Hand
Self Forming Clay
Thread and Needle
Mercury Hourglass

The deck pretty much played itself. Just get all the power cards in play and then armor up and hit with Bash/Body Slam and win. Was even able to get through the Crow/Wolf final boss with all those power cards. Gave him +8 strength but didn’t matter because of how much I was able to defend. Also the two Metallicizes pretty much made it a wash.

Nicely done. I was wondering if there was another speed bonus other then 45 minutes. Thought I’d get one when I beat it under 30, but looks like I was 10 minutes off.

Lizard Tale is funny. Always feels like a bummer to get it but it can come up huge.

1 Like

The key to the deck is the Unceasing Top relic - whenever your hand is empty, draw a card. So, if you can get your deck down to only cards that cost 0 energy, you can go infinite. :smiley: If you look at the screenshot, you’ll see that I found the relic super early in the run. I think I was offered a Clash as my first card. Once I found the Top, it was all about removing cards from my deck as quickly as possible. I eventually found the Peace Pipe, which lets you remove a card from your deck at each campsite instead of upgrading or healing. Was a hell of a ride!

2 Likes

I ran across this article today, which was inspired by the release of Into the Breach, and since you’ve been enjoying the game so much I thought you might find it an interesting read. Not sure I agree with all of his points (frankly, I could say that about most of Burgun’s articles), but interesting nonetheless.

1 Like

Interesting. I think he correctly pegs Into the Breach as a tactics game, but that’s mainly from my perspective playing it on Normal, where his comment that the goal is “to make the best possible play for this turn, with little to no regard for future turns” is true.

I wonder if on Hard that might not be true simply by virtue of the level of difficulty - if a perfect turn that results in no damage and no bad positioning for the subsequent turn is impossible, you must then weigh the value of success in the short term against a greater overall success in the long term.

1 Like

Have you had any success with the Ironclad card Searing Blow? I really want to get this early in a run and upgrade it 10+ times. It seems like more of a joke card though because anything that would make this work that I know of would work better with other cards.

Edit: just got my fastest run (17-18min) with a deck using Searing Blow. Was only able to get it upgraded 8 times though, which is pretty good considering it was picked up a few fights in to the second stage. Pen Nib and Lizards tail were the relics that made it work.

1 Like

lol how much damage does it do at 8+?!

It was doing 72 at that point. The upside of searing blow that I failed to realize is that there’s no set up time. When you go for the Demon build it can take a little bit to build up strength. With Searing Blow you just start smashing stuff from turn one.

It would have been better if I could have gotten like a 5 card deck but I was so focused on campsites there was no thought of getting market visits in there too.

1 Like

Jeez. Get dunked on, Bludgeon.

1 Like

This squad is so busted! :smile:

1 Like

It looks like you forgot to post the last one here?

1 Like

Oh! Weird! Updating the last post for both videos.

1 Like