[MMM1] Game 9: P1 Blue (Nekoatl) vs P2 Black (FrozenStorm)

No he hit SQL and overpowered scribe, SQL is 2atk mirror cadet

Second one hit real cadet

"P1T9

Tech StartingHand Workers

[spoiler]TECH
Macciatus, the Whisperer
Reteller of Truths

STARTING HANDReputable Newsman
Boot Camp
Flagstone Garrison
Free Speech
Manufactured Truth

WORKERS
Arrest
Jail
Spectral Aven
Bluecoat Musketeer
Building Inspector
Porkhand Magistrate

----------[/spoiler]

NextHand

[spoiler]Free Speech
Traffic Director
Boot Camp
Flagstone Garrison

----------[/spoiler]

Discard

[spoiler]Lawful Search
Spectral Flagbearer
Liberty Gryphon
Liberty Gryphon
Macciatus, the Whisperer
Reteller of Truths

----------[/spoiler]

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float + Scavanger - ($12)
Rebuild Tech III
Bigby Hayes - ($10)
Lawful Search - ($9)
Reputable Newsman: $2 blocked - ($7)
Scribe - ($5)
Overeager Cadet
General Onimaru - ($3)

Float ($3)
Stash 1, Discard 1, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Overeager Cadet (2/2A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Reputable Newsman (1/3) $2 blocked
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Scribe (1/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: L1 General Onimaru (2/3)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: L1 Bigby Hayes (2/3) Resist 1
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 13
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Truth)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Peace)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 3
  • Disc: 6
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 3
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

Several consecutive turns with draws I could hardly have made worse if Iā€™d tried have probably left me in a Kobayashi Maru scenario. I had to either lose Onimaru this turn, reducing the Boot Camps to dead cards next turn, or save Oni but lose my ability to build the Garrisons. Either way, I have no units left in my deck to power the Garrisons and I can only stash one, which if Onimaru is going to die, should be the Director so the Newsman can mildly interfere with Sacrifice.

"

Canā€™t make mirrors, quince died. Canā€™t kill Garth either

Fixed. chars

You sure on that patrol? Iā€™m awfully close to lethal with whatā€™s on the board against that patrol, any removal in hand is going to be GG

I obviously donā€™t know what you drew, but you at least have access to Oni, seems awfully risky to not at least throw him in front.

I should reevaluate since the Mirrors are missing and Garth is still there, but you canā€™t actually win while you have Dozers in play.

Indeed, though I think I can handle that. Lmk when youā€™re ready

Iā€™ve been screwed so badly by the shuffler that my forecast for every possible play right now is my swift defeat, so Iā€™d be happy to call it GG here, but I adjusted my patrol in case you want to see it play out.

I do think I have things pretty well in hand now; I will for sure destroy tech 3 and bring your base to 8 while clearing your board with Zarra from hand and both dozers, have a dozer die and pick off his mate in the process. Vandy and Garth will survive, and I lay haunt.

That all but assures zarra stomps the whole patrol then Vandy Garth and haunt break base for GG the following turn, yeah?

Of the 6 cards remaining in my deck, 2 were Flagstone Garrisons, 2 were Boot Camps, and 0 were units. As long as you had a way to kill your own Dozers (e.g. Doom Grasp which can conveniently take them both out at once), I was toast. I could hardly have rigged worse hands for myself than what the RNG produced from the end of turn 6 onward. Fun game, though; very exciting. Iā€™ll start the next one.

1 Like