Success! It ran without errors this time, and after waiting a few seconds, I can now load her on the matchup page! Thanks for being so patient with me.
Anyway, just in case you missed it (and also because adding a character changed it), here's the progress summary I made in an earlier post:
Characters that have been added: 15/20
Characters yet to be added: 5/20
Features yet to be added:
- Special display for Lum and Onimaru's pumpable moves in character summary (in progress)
- Lum's normal throws are shown correctly in the move list, but don't show damage in the summary
- Onimaru will need his normal attacks to have fixed base damage and variable pump damage, whereas his throws need the opposite (at least the latter can be reused from Lum)
- Character-specific background colors
- Selectable alternate versions of characters
- EX versions of all characters
- 1st Edition versions of non-Shadows characters
- G. Panda for Lum
- Deathstrike Dragon for Menelker
- "Character Select" interface for picking characters?
- Visual recognition helps to quickly find a character
- Removes 1 click per character
- Don't know if it's feasible to make, and probably low priority compared to other things, but would be cool!
Thoughts on adding the remaining characters
Only difficulty I see is getting his normal attacks to work with the template. His throws use the same format as Lum's throws, so that won't be a problem since you're going to get that working soon, right?
I hope you like adding a new column for range, because that's how Sirlin Games handled it on the physical BBB reference card and I see no better way... The good news is that it looks like you don't have to make every move on every other character display "close." You just hide that column if BBB isn't picked and automatically show "close" for moves that don't specify if BBB is picked. I guess you could use the "notes" column for it, but a dedicated column seems better to me. You'll also have to show that BBB's normal attacks get speed 1.0 when at long range, so maybe that's what you use the notes column for?
Nothing out of the ordinary. Feels weird to say that about Gloria, but her stats and abilities don't break the existing format in any way...
Technically this can be done with regular stats and abilities, but the speed change for K on knockdown was significant enough to be shown in a special way on the cards, so it probably needs an icon for the Notes column. Other than that, he's notable for having three different named moves on what would otherwise be normal attacks and throws, but that's just a little more busy-work.
Last but not least, the Notes column should show that his normal attacks speed up when the opponent is knocked down. The physical Zane reference card also makes special note that K is uninterruptible, so maybe bring attention to that too? Meaty Attacks is more important, of course.
Thoughts on alternate versions of characters
I think the EX versions of the characters should be part of the normal character data. The only differences between an EX character and a regular character are:
- New innate (toggling EX would swap from default to EX)
- Additional "Destiny" rank (would be invisible by default; toggling EX would make it visible)
- For BBB only, increased HP (again, could be toggled easily)
There's definitely not enough changes to warrant a separate page for them. I'd also argue that many of the same arguments apply to the 1st Edition changes, G. Panda, and the Deathstrike Dragon, but I could be persuaded to have them be separate. It just seems natural for everything about a character to be on one page, since most of these changes are fairly small.
I need to get to bed for tonight, but I'm enjoying working on this (maybe too much, considering I felt the need to collapse a wall of text into three pieces). We're 3/4 of the way to being done with the main cast!