Matchup Database

You can see the card backs here. Some of them might be better with a gradient,
if that’s possible (Valerie comes to mind).

While I was cleaning, I realized that whatever code you use to let Lum be toggled to G. Panda could also be used to add the EX versions of every character. Maybe you could even add the 1st Edition versions of the original 10 characters too! That kind of info would be fun to look at, and like with G. Panda it would be nice to have some obscure info more readily accessible to the average person.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that would be pretty cool!

I tried using your template to put in info for Lum, but it looks like some things won’t work for him the way it’s currently set up. His throws in particular are Can't Combo moves that do x+3 damage and can be pumped 3 times. So his 6 throw is speed 6.4 and does 6 damage before being pumped, whereas his 9 throw is speed 9.4 and does 9 damage before being pumped. Am I just missing something, or do some extra data fields need to be added for Lum?

1 Like

Yeah, Onimaru has a similar thing. I have a plan for it, which is to basically just make the calculation of actual normal move stats one or more functions, and then have a purely descriptive data field that allows custom formatting for the summary description. If you’re familiar w/ JS, and feel like taking a stab at it, go for it, and I’ll review your pull request. Otherwise, hopefully I’ll get to it soon.

I can’t say I know much JS, so I’ll let you handle that. Since one of my friends decided it would be a good idea to get Menelker as his first deck, I’ll try adding him later today instead. Going to be analyzing matchups against him a lot in the near future… My goal is to make him regret purchasing that particular deck.

But Menelker is fun and great!

3 Likes

To be fair, part of how I hope to instill this feeling of remorse is by occasionally suggesting we swap characters, then using Menelker to crush his bones and also his spirit.

1 Like

But fighting Menelker is also fun and great!

3 Likes

Says the guy who mained Rook for how long? I think you’re just a glutton for punishment, really.

inb4 Persephone jokes

1 Like

@vengefulpickle, I’ve just submitted Menelker’s info. This is my first time using GitHub, so I may have done something wrong… Sorry in advance if I did mess anything up!

Anyway, while I’m here I might as well link you to the document I made to compare Lum and G. Panda. Could someone who owns G. Panda verify that the info I have on him is correct?

Thanks! I also added Lum last night.

2 Likes

I’ve now submitted Quince’s info and made a couple corrections to Menelker. Namely, the max damage from the best T throw combo was wrong and a couple moves that could combo didn’t have a “good combo” at all.

One error I didn’t notice until after submitting the update was that Deathstrike Dragon shouldn’t knock down… Since I’m not sure how it would handle having multiple pull requests at once (or if it would let me make another right now), and it’s such a small change to make, I thought I’d just tell you instead.

2 Likes

Cool! Those are all live now.

2 Likes

Just to make sure we’re on the same page:

Progress Summary

Characters that have been added: 14/20
:grave: :midori: :rook: :valerie: :lum:
:jaina: :setsuki: :degrey: :geiger: :argagarg:

:quince: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :menelker: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :negative_squared_cross_mark:
:negative_squared_cross_mark: :troq: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :gwen: :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Characters yet to be added: 6/20
:white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
:white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:

:white_check_mark: :bbb: :white_check_mark: :gloria: :vendetta:
:onimaru: :white_check_mark: :persephone: :white_check_mark: :zane:

Features yet to be added:

• Character-specific background colors
  • Special display for Lum and Onimaru’s pumpable moves in character summary
  • Lum’s normal throws are shown correctly in the move list, but don’t show damage in the summary
  • Onimaru will need his normal attacks to have fixed base damage and variable pump damage, whereas his throws need the opposite (at least the latter can be reused from Lum)
  • Selectable alternate versions of characters
  • EX versions of all characters
  • 1st Edition versions of non-Shadows characters
  • G. Panda for Lum
  • Deathstrike Dragon for Menelker?

[details=Code for above, in case you want to use it in the first post]```
Characters that have been added: 14/20
:grave: :midori: :rook: :valerie: :lum:
:jaina: :setsuki: :degrey: :geiger: :argagarg:

:quince: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :menelker: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :negative_squared_cross_mark:
:negative_squared_cross_mark: :troq: :negative_squared_cross_mark: :gwen: :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Characters yet to be added: 6/20

:white_check_mark: :bbb: :white_check_mark: :gloria: :vendetta:
:onimaru: :white_check_mark: :persephone: :white_check_mark: :zane:

Features yet to be added:

• Character-specific background colors
  • Special display for Lum and Onimaru’s pumpable moves in character summary
  • Lum’s normal throws are shown correctly in the move list, but don’t show damage in the summary
  • Onimaru will need his normal attacks to have fixed base damage and variable pump damage, whereas his throws need the opposite (at least the latter can be reused from Lum)
  • Selectable alternate versions of characters
  • EX versions of all characters
  • 1st Edition versions of non-Shadows characters
  • G. Panda for Lum
  • Deathstrike Dragon for Menelker?

[details=Thoughts on adding the remaining characters]
**:onimaru: Onimaru:**
Only difficulty I see is getting his normal attacks to work with the template. His throws use the same format as Lum's throws, so that won't be a problem since you're going to get that working soon, right? :wink:

**:BBB: Bal-Bas-Beta:**
I hope you like adding a new column for range, because that's how Sirlin Games handled it on the physical BBB reference card and I see no better way... The good news is that it looks like you don't have to make every move on every other character display "close." You just hide that column if BBB isn't picked and automatically show "close" for moves that don't specify if BBB is picked. I guess you could use the "notes" column for it, but a dedicated column seems better to me. You'll also have to show that BBB's normal attacks get speed 1.0 when at long range, so maybe that's what you use the notes column for?

**:Persephone: Persephone:**
Nothing out of the ordinary here, just put in stats and abilities and she's done.

**:Gloria: Gloria:**
Again, nothing out of the ordinary. Feels weird to say that about Persephone and Gloria, but their stats and abilities don't break the existing format in any way...

**:Vendetta: Vendetta:**
Ah, here we go. Technically this can be done with regular stats and abilities, but the speed change for K on knockdown was significant enough to be shown in a special way on the cards, so it probably needs an icon for the Notes column. Other than that, he's notable for having three different named moves on what would otherwise be normal attacks and throws, but that's just a little more busy-work.

**:Zane: Zane:**
Last but not least, the Notes column should show that his normal attacks speed up when the opponent is knocked down. The physical Zane reference card also makes special note that K is uninterruptible, so maybe bring attention to that too? Meaty Attacks is more important, of course.

----------

[/details]

I've also thought of one more potential feature, though I'm not sure how feasible it is: Can you make a "Character Select" in the style of the official [Yomi Card Gallery](http://sirlingames.com/yomi-card-gallery)? You'd probably still keep the dropdowns as an alternative option, but I think picking characters by visual recognition would be faster than by trying to find a specific name in a 20 name list.

The G Panda is still wrong.
The single ace is a can’t combo, speed 0.8, only two pumps.
Double ace is 21 damage, two cp ender, speed 1.0, KD.

Any Challenge?
Before combat-reveal, if you took damage last turn, you can say what your combat card is. If your opponent doesn’t challenge it, it’s what you said until end of combat. If they challenge and you lied, it’s no-card and you take 5 damage. If they challenge and you told the truth, they take 5 damage and you get a panda coin.

Abilities on 2*, 6*, 10*.
Fastest attacks:
0.4(Q), 0.8/1.0(A), 1.4(J), 3.0(K), 3.4(3)

A note on want to fold?
(Discard all combat cards if they fold.)

Also with Panda, there are a couple things wrong.
His innate should read 4 speed slower.
Throws are (+3 any cards) same for g panda.
Fastest attacks includes 3.4(3)
And poker flourish reads that straight flush is all of the above. However, I don’t know if this is an error or not. Being any two or all of the above changed during v2 development, and possibly didn’t get updated in panda cards.

1 Like

Thank you! The only images I could find were from the Kickstarter page where they announced G. Panda, so I thought there was a chance it could have been changed between then and launch. The clarification on want to fold? is particularly helpful, since it wasn’t clear before what “folding” meant. The change to his innate is probably warranted; it sounds nasty, but being able to use any card in your hand as any other card you could possibly have is a fantastic upside, so it’s probably worth the risk…

Just to be sure, though: G. Panda’s 10 doesn’t have increased pump damage like Lum’s “Extra Juice” does, and his Q does 1 block damage, right? That was actually the part I thought was most likely to have been updated, so I was surprised you didn’t mention it.

Nah that’s correct.

1 Like

@vengefulpickle, I noticed that you invited me to join the Yomibase project, so I’ve accepted that. I tried to get Persephone working, but I seem to be missing a step to get her to show up… What am I missing?

Ah. It looks like you named the file persephone rather than persephone.jsx. If you look at Commits · cpennington/yomibase · GitHub, and click the red X next to any of the changes, it’ll take you to Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence, which is what actually compiles the HTML and pushes the changes out.

1 Like