Lum's Lucky Lottery: High Fives! - Ongoing!

“4-5 throws and few face cards in my opening hand quickly leads into a lethal bout of range.”
Oof. Robosatan strikes again.

Um, we somehow played our whole set wrong without either of us catching it, didn’t we?

Only one player is supposed to rerandom each round, not both?

Based on this line in the first post, that’s what I went with for my match with @SouthpawHare just now.

Speaking of which…!

Hobusu vs SouthpawHare

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:

Hobusu wins 4-1

That was a fun set! I’m surprised Southpaw let me stay on DeGrey after I got him, he’s one of my mains and Onimaru seems like a good enough character that I would’ve kept him in that position. The mirror and the Persephone game in particular I was expecting to lose right up until I won, they were very close.

1 Like

Herp-a-derp. That’s what I get for re-running the tournament by copying my old post. I wasn’t paying attention to the specifics.

We’ll keep the result as-is, and make sure to play future rounds correctly.

1 Like

Ivan vs Nopethebard - 4:0
:gwen::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:quince::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:quince::psfist::pschip::quince:
:psblueshield::psfist::pschip::pspig: - in the previous game after i dodged his last Joker and close it out, Nope was too salty to continue and give up.
Sry that we didn’t play last game, but good games after all. Thanks, man.

3 Likes

I’m an extremely emotional player and sometimes when I’m losing badly I kinda just shut down.

Legion vs @ArthurWynne

:persephone::psfist::pschip::gwen: won by the magic pixel at 1 hp thanks to joker
:persephone::psfist::pschip::rook: arthur pc gives me the victory, no honor here
:persephone::pschip::psfist::vendetta: here i got rekt, played too much gapa
:degrey::psfist::pschip::vendetta:degrey works his magic, arthur keeps not getting a damn joker and pays for that
:vendetta::pschip::psfist::vendetta: ven hand cripples me and arthur’s ven sends me into tilt. Wins hands down
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::vendetta:re rand, and get ven again! arthur brings me down to a 1hp vs 38. I surgically strike 36 off, 1 vs 2 hp showdown, sadly arthur mismanaged his hand and has no blodge, 8 throw beats a yolo K throw for the win with both at super low hand size.
Respect and ggs.
As for LLL tradition, the winner is the lucky one. The odd thing is that this time it’s me.

3 Likes

I regret that K throw, but it may be hindsight bias. I thought for sure you were going to dodge my known and very face-up AA now that your own AAA wasn’t keeping it in check.

I need to keep in mind, layer one is layer one because those are the good moves! :joy:

4 Likes

ArthurWynne vs @Nopethebard

:degrey: :knockdown: :psfist: :onimaru: Nope read me like an open book.
:degrey: :knockdown: :psfist: :argagarg: And again - I was on the verge of tilt.
:degrey: :psfist: :knockdown: :geiger: Nope didn’t draw jokers, and very few spirals.
:degrey: :psfist: :knockdown: :valerie: I didn’t expect to get to keep deGrey, but apparently Nope doesn’t play Geiger. Valerie was aggressive early but I had a joker to keep my life total high, and pressured her hand.
:gwen: :psfist: :knockdown: :valerie: I thought I was sunk here but Valerie didn’t find her key cards. Gwen took the game with lots of dodges.
:gwen: :psfist: :knockdown: :geiger: Very spooky match-up. But managed to navigate the Temporal Distortions and undercut spirals in neutral, while pressuring with Relentless Strikes. Got to 38 vs 1 with two jokers in hand and then just played attacks for the rest of the game.

Final result 4-2 to ArthurWynne

2 Likes

That first temporal Distortion in the last game was a bluff. I didn’t have a time spiral for another 4-5 turns.

@Castanietzsche 4 - 2 @SirHandsome
:persephone::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I built a great hand but never had the occasion to exploit it
:persephone::psfist::pschip::gwen: I began very aggressive and turtled until Gwen fade out
:persephone: ::pschip::psfist::quince: Maybe I was a bit too predictable this game
:rook::psfist::pschip::quince: I noticed Sirhandome likes to play a very honest Quince on early game and being more liar at the end so I exploited it. And was really lucky.
:rook::psfist::pschip::degrey: I played very agressive before DeGrey getting an ace
:rook::psfist::pschip::midori: We both played very agressively but Midori’s hand depleted before mine so he became more predictable

thanks for the games mate ! they were awesome, hope to play with you again soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Caralad vs @Ivan

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:lum: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

GG’s Ivan. Might do a minor write up on these later.

4 Likes

Caralad vs @Castanietzsche

:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:

Caralad wins 4-0.

Thanks for playing on short notice Castanietzsche. Sorry it was a bit rough, but none of the games were 100% a stomp.

2 Likes

Hobusu vs @Legion

:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:persephone: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :grave: (yes, we randomed into the same MU again, lol)
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

Final score: Hobusu 4 – Legion 3
Hobusu wins

Some fun games! I kept running out of time on the timer until I got Grave, though thankfully it only caused severe problems once (the last turn of the Quince match I ran out of time when picking my move, forcing me to play a normal and get destroyed). We both got stuck in Bad Hand Prison™ in at least one game each, for me it was Quince—no faces in my starting hand and nothing but a K or two until I was mostly dead—and Legion brought it up after the BBB game, which helps explain how I prevented him from ever going to range.

Also, while I don’t think I’d ever use her in a tournament, I started having enough fun with Persephone in the second game especially that I might have to try her out some more in casual games…

3 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @Ivan
3 - 4

:rook::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - I get blown up a bunch, and miss all my throw timings
:gwen::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - Even w/ nice quick speeds, I can’t get anything going
:bbb::psfist::pschip::setsuki: - I get a good spread of face cards, and dodges for days, and have a grand old time once we end up at range. Sets doesn’t make it back in.
:bbb::psfist::pschip::setsuki: - Ivan makes me re-random, and I roll right back into robosatan. I get to range early with no face cards, and Sets block/blocks out. The deck is good to me, though, and I end up back at range with a healthier hand, and take it home.
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: - Two jokers and 5-6 aces let me pull this one back from 2 - 41 for the win.
:quince::pschip::psfist::troq: - Ivan hits the BU, and then later closes it out with a well timed Good Moooove.
:quince::pschip::psfist::valerie: - Ivan outplays me to clinch the set.

Great games!

4 Likes

SirHandsome VS Southpaw Hare

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:

Truth prevails.

3 Likes

FYI: Southpaw is one word (no CamelCase), and Southpaw Hare are two words (with a space) (although this is is sometimes an issue with online names).

GGs.

3 Likes

Ivan vs SirHandsome - 4:3
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::bbb:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::bbb:
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::rook:
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:quince::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::vendetta:
:lum::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
GGs

2 Likes

ArthurWynne vs @Castanietzsche
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :persephone: Castanietzsche had good reads in neutral, but couldnt find Aces to take advantage, as far as I could tell. Jaina damage won out before it was too late.
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :setsuki: Blew her up with throw duffs and Red Dragon.
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :vendetta: Methinks Jaina is very favored in this match-up, since the game plans are very similar but she has more HP and better speeds. Played A to blow up Kings and made sure not to get hit by AAA.
:jaina: :knockdown: :psfist: :midori: My mono-AA range vs Dragonform was just a smidge exploitable. :smile:
:jaina: :psfist: :knockdown: :quince: Very close game, thanks to relentless lying. But Jaina had that last 8 throw and the last Q!

Final result 4-1 to ArthurWynne, and yet again I question my decision to abandon Jaina in regular formats. :smiley:

4 Likes

Interesting. The numbers put Jaina-Ven somewhere in the 2.5-7.5 - 5-5 range to Jaina’s disadvantage.

@Niijima-san, have opinions on the matter, as the resident Ven expert?

1 Like