Lum's Lucky Lottery: 4th Times a Charm

This is why Dietz is a TO genius and you are all mere mortals.

3 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Bryce_The_Rice

:argagarg: :pschip::psfist: :menelker:
:menelker: :psfist::pschip: :menelker:
:menelker: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:valerie: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:valerie: :pschip::psfist: :bbb:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :bbb:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :rook:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 3 Bomber
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @Fluffiness

:zane::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:troq::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:lum::psfist::pschip::persephone:
:lum::psfist::pschip::rook:

I’ve defeated my nemesis, but only on the back of basically the most favorable RNG ever. I swear I didn’t pay of @Thelo to rig the randoms for me.

6 Likes

Ggs to pickle.

This will probably be my last yomi tournament, I just hate the high tiers and love the low tiers, and its no longer worth getting my blood pressure up.

Was fun paying with all of you while it lasted!

6 Likes

Ivan vs JonnyD - 4:2
:degrey::psfist::pschip::vendetta: - the luck of the newbie
:persephone::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::lum:
:lum::pschip::psfist::lum:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::lum: - the luck of the newbie again
:lum::psfist::pschip::lum: - looks like Lum want to be in his tournament a lot
So to be newbie have some good sides - THE LUCK.
Great set, mate. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

4 Likes

Xiba vs @Hobusu
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
The first two matches is good for me. I’m lucky. And the final match :quince: draw out of deck and win by more hp.
This tournament is fun and let me to use some chars that I seldom played.
Ggs and good luck in the rest of this tournament.

3 Likes

Yo somebody ping me the hype matches on Discord so I can commentate!

3 Likes

Or tag AutoTO on them, so that Leontes can just look at a calendar!

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 4-3 vs @MR75
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::argagarg: I don’t know how to play Setsuki. I got some potshots but nothing significant and then I just fell down and drowned in a half-inch of water.
:grave::pschip::psfist::argagarg: Having TPoS is good. Playing it is less good. I think MR powered up for at least 15 Aces over the course of the game. It was BRUTAL. Patience rewards those who curse their enemies.
:rook::pschip::psfist::argagarg: I don’t mind this matchup despite how many people say it’s awful. I had a fine time because threatening CMB and then playing Wall of Vines is actually pretty effective. I still lost.
:rook::psfist::pschip::degrey: Another matchup in which threatening CMB and then playing Wall of vines is pretty effective. The highlight of this fight for me was when he used Troublesome Rhetoric to punish blocking and then I blocked with Stone Wall while he played Pilebunker. I want to say there was 6 MGH damage tacked on so he ended up losing 8 life or so after all the math. He kept attacking into blocks while I had CMB and that really helped me keep control during the match.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::degrey: I hopped on a train and then just rode it to victory. Winning nearly every combat is verrrrry effective, especially when administering drugs.
:quince::psfist::pschip::degrey: My favorite autocrat enters the ring and fights a grizzled, necromantically charged barrister TO THE DEATH. It was relatively even and we both surprised each other with our super attacks. In the end, I have MR at 7 life because I just blew all but one of my cards into his joker during a positive spin turn. Next turn I draw a J and I have an 8. I decide to throw because I don’t think he can kill me. I catch his Ace dodge and claim victory.
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::degrey: My heart fell out of my butt when I saw this matchup. He dodges me like there’s no tomorrow but no aces appear. I attack and block these dodges but he sneaks in some throws. I start beating the buns off of those throws until he goes back to dodging and then I snatch him out of the air! Near the end, I’m at 17 life to his 4. I have 3 cards to his 2. I play Spirit Fire and he plays Pilebunker. I manage to snatch victory out of the jaws of a wildly lopsided MU!

GGs MR! These were some excellent matches!

6 Likes

snoc vs @SirHandsome
:jaina: :psfist::pschip: :persephone:
:jaina: :pschip::psfist: :grave: tried to bluff TPoS with joker in hand, it did not work.
:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :grave:
:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :persephone:
:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :vendetta:

snoc wins 4-1!
Gwen is unstoppable!

4 Likes

Caralad vs @SouthpawHare

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:bbb: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:

Caralad wins 4-3 and breaks his second round curse.

3 Likes

Bomber678 4-1 Hobusu

:degrey::pscrash::pschip::setsuki:
:bbb::pscrash::pschip::setsuki:
:midori::pschip::pscrash::setsuki:
:midori::pscrash::pschip: :zane:
:persephone::pscrash::pschip::zane:

The mistress’ dance concludes.

I did it for you @Fluffiness. And for pickles. And @Leontes. Shoutout to my inspirations for playing different characters.

5 Likes

Gotta love it whenever :midori: takes down :zane:.

Did you win with a wakeup FDB though? :thinking:

1 Like

Sadly no. I barely got to be a dragon at all

2 Likes

Xiba vs @mysticjuicer 4-3 This is a brilliant match!
:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :grave: The first guy I havn’t played! No TPOS.
:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: This match is so bad to :gwen:---- almost every turn lose 4 hp and :gwen: havn’t managed his hand good .
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: The second guy I havn’t played!! But I heard that :menelker: makes opponent so scary and YES I did it. All 10 bans are countered by 10 cancels.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: Ban two Js first and although another 10 in hand and another J in :geiger: grave, but I kept it. And it works! After :geiger: use 4 to pick up his J and then suddenly 10 showed up! Ban another two Js. Although later :geiger: got a immune huge damage but it can not stop :menelker: win.
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru: Before this I just wonder why he didn’t choose me to re-random. Then it proved that his choice may be alright. Onimaru takes much damage by little cards and :menelker: havn’t banned all his 10s.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: Seems that it’s a circle as I said to mysticjuicer in the game, Grave showed again! This turn I have a strong char and I don’t afraid! So I banned four Qs and no TPOS landed. I countered all :grave: 2s and it is amazing. I remember it’s a close game and I got the game point too! Pull one leg back from my tumb lol.
:vendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: The third guy I havn’t played!!! Wow today is my new chars day?
LOL. So this turn finally he choose me to re-random. Three 8s and many dodges in hand in the early game. It’s not good I think and a little choice I have. But thanks to :grave: didn’t beat me in the early game. So then with 8s and dodges I have more confidence. In the late game I use dodge-throw and it worked many times. And then I suddenly use my 2 as attack and win! He said he was looking forward and afraid of my 2 attack but I havn’t used it until the last turn and this he didn’t expected.
Ggs! Good luck in the rest matches.
I think I should keep learning more and more characters.
And I find something and don’t know if it’s a bug or other things. Replays now can only show one last match and all matches ago. Don’t know if u guys have the same problem.

6 Likes

ggs Xiba! I realized too late that I should have re-rolled you when I lost the Argagarg vs Menelker match. :slight_smile: The Vendetta game was tough. Knowing you had 2s the whole game, I expected you to play them at least once before the final combat. lol Unfortunately my hand at that point was checkmated to 2 attack.

3 Likes

If you both select rematch, it creates a new replay file at that point. If you hit new game, it continues to add it to the same one, until rematch occurs or the room closes.
This can lead to interesting things such as a replay file on your profile containing matches between other people.

2 Likes

Good that’s it!

vengefulpickle vs @Ivan

:lum::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:rook::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::persephone: - I got this one of to a hot start, and then ran out of gas 3 health shy of a checkmate… Sad…
:vendetta::psfist::pschip::persephone:

3 Likes

ArthurWynne vs @Bryce_The_Rice

:degrey: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: (Yes, really!) Bomber whaled on me until I was at 30-something, then ran out of throws. I had 2 HP remaining at the end!
:rook: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey:
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: #JustTroqThings. Bleh.
:midori: :knockdown: : :psfist: :degrey: Bomber read his way around my attempts to be tricky with Dragon Form, and beat me soundly. JUSTICE!
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :lum: The panda got a life lead with an aggressive range and good reads, then rode Poker Flourish to victory.
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :zane: Got straight run over by the Zane Train. Bleh, again.
:midori: :psfist: :knockdown: :menelker: This MU is far too good for Midori, compared to the lore. It didn’t hurt that I mismanaged my way to a low and dodge-filled hand in the midgame, then drew like a bandit to close it out.

Final result: 4-3 to ArthurWynne

2 Likes