LLL 2: robinz ([Future]/Anarchy/Growth) vs. Barrelfish ([Past]/Peace/Finesse)

@Barrelfish

GLHF. I’m surprised to be playing as strong a player as you having lost 3 on the bounce. And I don’t have a clue about the deck I’m playing - but all 3 specs are ones I like, so let’s see if I can have some fun at least :smiley:

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Tinkerer
Neo Plexus
Hardened Mox
Battle Suits
Fading Argonaut

WORKERS
Tinkerer

NextHand

Forgotten Fighter
Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

Discard

Neo Plexus
Hardened Mox
Battle Suits

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Fading Argonaut - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2/3+A, 3 runes)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]

[B]Buildings:[/B]

• :heart: Base HP: 20

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

I really don’t know what this particular deck is about. I could try to look up some previous games with it, but I feel more in the mood to just wing it :wink:

Future is one of my absolute favourite specs, although I know it’s generally rated as fairly poor. It’s good to have against a Past/Peace deck though, because the threat of Assimilate will make him nervous to rely on Garrisons. Similarly with Battle Suits - yes I have one of my own (although I may not play it because I have few soldiers or mystics outside my starting deck), but having 2 in play could be fun.

So I probably want assimilate at some point, unless he plays neither Battle Suits nor Peace Tech 2. But I love the spells of both my other heroes. At least Zane is easy to bring into play at a moment’s notice and even suicide to some purpose, so I don’t see a real obstacle to teching spells for all 3 by the midgame. As far as Tech 2 is concerned, my vague plan at the moment is to go with Growth. If I have time to play a Tech Lab and get a Hive out, even better, because all those Stingers will both supercharge Blooming Ancient and make MoLaC easy to activate. (I also have Zane and Sharks to help activation, as shown by @petE’s Anarchy/Strength/Growth deck which has dominated CAWS.) Of course my opponent has access to Discord, so I’ll have to be careful playing Hive. Chaos Mirror could also do amazing things with Hive - even though Past/Peace decks tend not to play units with a high printed ATK. [I can always use Oversized Rhinoceros for this purpose myself - but this combo is already starting to sound pretty flimsy.]

All in all, this feels like it could be a really fun matchup. I fully expect to lose, because I don’t have a clear plan with my deck while his is fairly standard - and he’s clearly a much stronger player than me. But I intend to do some fun things before I do :wink:

1 Like

GLHF! I appreciate the flattery, but I’m pretty sure my tournament record is solidly negative haha.

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Temporal Research
Battle Suits
Neo Plexus
Nullcraft
Plasmodium

WORKERS
Plasmodium

NextHand

Hardened Mox
Time Spiral
Forgotten Fighter
Fading Argonaut
Tinkerer

Discard

Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Battle Suits

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Neo Plexus - ($2)
Onimaru - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Neo Plexus (2/2+1)
  • Lvl 1 Onimaru (2/3)

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6

@Barrelfish - is Plexus in Elite or SQL? The stats and text contradict each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elite. I changed my mind at the last minute

1 Like

I might have been flattering you, but it wasn’t my intention. However solidly negative your tournament record, it’s a lot better than my 0/7 prior to this game :slight_smile:

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Giant Panda
Calypso Vystari

STARTING HAND
Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Forgotten Fighter
Temporal Research
Nullcraft

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium

NextHand

Nullcraft
Battle Suits
Forgotten Fighter
Giant Panda
Time Spiral

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($6)
Fading Argonaut fades to 2 runes
Worker - ($5)
Tech 1 - ($3)
Argagarg+Wisp - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 4, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2+1/3, 2 runes)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: WIsp (0/1)
  • lvl 1 Arg (1/3)
  • :heart: Tech 1 HP: 5

• Deck: 4
  • Disc: 0
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

I hadn’t appreciated on T1 just how lacking my second hand was in good cards to play. (Even Battle Suits would have been very nice, so I could patrol FA in SQL and still make Onimaru unable to attack him and live.) Nullcraft is always good, of course - but I decided that I prefer to bring out Arg with his wisp at this stage.

I didn’t fancy trading my Fading Argonaut for his Plexus - so I’ve just copied him by patrolling it in Elite, to ensure that Onimaru can’t kill it on his own without dying. It’s just about possible for him to kill Arg with this patrol zone - Forgotten Fighter to bounce Wisp (getting no gold for me), Nullcraft hits FA and Plexus trades with him [or Battle Suits instead of Nullcraft], then Oni kills Arg. But that requires 2 out of 3 specific cards in his hand, as well as 4 of his 6 gold, so he’d have to skip Tech 1 (or a worker). I think I’d be OK with that, since I’m not committed to any of Arg’s spells. And if Arg lives then of course I have all sorts of good options on future turns.

I’ve teched a Giant Panda to support my Growth Tech 2 plan, as well as Calypso as a cheap unit who synergises with Battle Suits (which I fully intend to play at some point soon, and/or steal it from him later). I considered Gilded Glaxx, for Battle Suits synergy and immunity to Stewardess - but I can’t afford to tech two 3-cost units, especially as P1, and I think the Panda is more important.

One final note - it was only when finalising this post that I realised that I could have killed Oni, using Nullcraft and Zane, after trading FA with Plexus. I always forget about Zane’s ability to pop up and do things like that! But it’s clearly not a good play - I’d have to skip Tech 1, and Zane doesn’t survive, so I’d be leaving an empty board for P2 to play into, which is always a bad idea.

P2T2

TECH
Nimble Fencer
Stewardess of the Undone

STARTING HAND

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Tinkerer
Stewardess of the Undone
Nullcraft
Time Spiral
Temporal Research

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Fading Argonaut - ($3)
Tech I - ($1)
Oni kills Wisp, you get a gold

Float ($1)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2/3) @3
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Neo Plexus (2/2+1)
  • Lvl 1 Onimaru (2/3)
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

• Deck: 3
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

Option 1: forgotten fighter on FArgonaut + Tech I. Plexus kills Wisp. Oni kills Arg. He goes up a card
Option 2: time spiral on FArgonaut + Tech I + float a gold. Oni kills Wisp, FArgonaut fades away next upkeep.
Option 3: FArgonaut + Tech I + float a gold. Oni kills Wisp. Patrol Plexus and FArgonaut Scav and Tech

Option 1 kills Arg at the cost of a card to him. Option 3 gives me a FArgonaut at the cost of letting him keep his. It will fade out after next turn though, which means he will attack and trade it for Plexus probably. So really Option 3 is me losing Plexus in exchange for getting a FArgonaut. That’s basically a better version of Option 2, so now it’s down to 1 vs 3.

I like the idea of wiping his board and teching Nimble Fencer and/or Stewardess to get a strong tempo advantage. On the other hand, I could get nearly as good an advantage in Option 3, and it leaves Arg on the board to block a Zane snipe of Oni. I’ll go with Option 3 and tech 1 each of Fencer and Stewardess. Next turn probably a Boot Camp and TBD what else.

P1T3

TECH
Blooming Ancient
Blooming Ancient

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Forgotten Fighter
Giant Panda
Nullcraft
Time Spiral

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

NextHand

Neo Plexus
Hardened Mox
Calypso Vystari
Temporal Research
Nullcraft

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float + scavenger - ($8)
remove a rune from Fargo, now at 1
Worker - ($7)
max Arg - ($3)
Giant Panda, with another wisp - ($0)
tap Arg to give Fargo +1 attack and +1 armour
my Fargo kills yours, you get $1

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

• :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Wisp (0/1)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Water Elemental (3/3, anti-air)
  • Giant Panda (2/4)
  • max Arg (1/5)
  • Fading Argonaut (2/2, 1 rune)

• Workers: 7
Thoughts

I’ve tried quite a few different things this turn. About the only element that never changed was playing the Panda.

Initially I was using Battle Suits to allow my Fargo to kill his. I would like to play it at some point soon, but in the end I decided I didn’t like the situation I was left with - with just Arg and the new Wisp to protect me from Plexus (quite possibly battle-suited next turn) and Oni. While I wouldn’t be devastated at losing Arg, it would be sad to never get the elemental out - and, far more seriously, I really really don’t want to be giving Oni free levels. So I then switched to a completely turtly plan of leaving his Fargo alive, with mine to defend. That of course is stupid, since mine will die next turn anyway - I should get some value from him this turn, and just a bit of defence doesn’t count there when I can use him to instead kill one of the potential attackers next turn. It’s a shame that his Arg-given armour makes not a jot of difference here - but I realised eventually that I can get the extra defence I need simply by maxing Arg, and save a card in the process. It may be false economy - I’m especially sad that I didn’t play BS because I’ll have Vystari next turn, and a 3/2 is just so much better than a 2/2, on defense as well as offense. But this was the only way I could get reasonable protection this turn.

Even now my patrol is not the safest. He has 2 attackers, plus the option of Forgotten Fighter and/or Stewardess (not to mention Boot Camp) to clear my patrollers without attacking. That is why the Elemental has gone in lookout, to at least force him to pay more to rudely butcher it with a Stewardess. But at least he can’t kill Arg (at least not without a miraculous combination of cards, and paying a lot of cards and gold), and even the Panda is most likely safe. (In normal circumstances he’d have to bounce the Wisp, kill the Elemental, then midband Oni, which is again very expensive.) I’ve also just at the last minute though of Nimble Fencer. A Tech 1 with haste shouldn’t be allowed :confused:

I’m preparing for Growth Tech 2 already by teching 2 Blooming Ancients. I’ve got a good chance of drawing one prematurely if the Wisp dies (which I would have though is a certainty, although not all those ways will get me a card), which doesn’t bother me - but it does mean I need to commit to Tech 2 next turn. I will likely be wanting Spirit of the Panda and (especially) Surprise Attack as far as spells are concerned, but now doesn’t feel like the best time for either. Of course, Assimilate is very much on the cards too if he shows signs of playing something I can use it on. Assuming I can get a Tech 2 protected soon, I’ll move on to either Blooming Elm or MoLaC - or most likely build a Tech Lab to prepare for Hive. (I’ve only just now fully realised quite how NUTS that is in combination with BA - six runes on BA as soon as it arrives, with potential for more every turn if he defends with a tower or otherwise kills the Stingers. And then there’s the MoLaC interaction. I’ve no idea if this was the intention of whoever invented this deck, but I’m definitely going to go for it!)

1 Like

P2T3

TECH
Flagstone Garrison
Boot Camp

STARTING HAND
Temporal Research
Time Spiral
Tinkerer
Stewardess of the Undone
Nullcraft

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Tinkerer

NextHand

Time Spiral
Battle Suits
Nimble Fencer
Fading Argonaut (2/3)
Forgotten Fighter

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float + scavenger - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Stewardess of the Undone, paying extra to zap Water Elemental - ($4)
Neo Plexus kills Wisp
Oni smacks Arg
Tech II [Peace] - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Stewardess of the Undone (2/3+A)
  • Lvl 1 Onimaru (2/2)
  • Neo Plexus (2/2)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Peace)

• Workers: 8

P1T4

TECH
Spirit of the Panda
Surprise Attack

STARTING HAND
Hardened Mox
Calypso Vystari
Neo Plexus
Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Forgotten Fighter

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Spirit of the Panda
Blooming Ancient
Nullcraft
Battle Suits
Blooming Ancient

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
Draw from technician
Fading Argonaut fades away to my discard :frowning:
worker - ($6)
Tech 2 Growth - ($2)
Calypso Vystari - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 4, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Giant Panda (2/4+A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Calypso Vystari (2/2)
  • max Arg (1/2)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)

• Deck: 5
Thoughts

I think there are two main, and very different, options here:

1. Bounce Stewardess with an expensive FF and have Panda kill Oni. Then play Vystari and Plexus (the latter in lookout because we know he has Stewardess in his hand again). Seems to provide reasonable defence and means that Oni is no longer a threat.

2. Ignore his board, and build up my own with Tech 2 Growth, patrolling Panda and Vystari (and perhaps Arg too?) to try to protect it long enough to get one of my Blooming Ancients out.

Both have good and bad points, although I’m not thrilled with either.

In the end, I’m going with option 2 because my “win conditions” are all based around my Tech 2 plan. And also because he seems to have given me Oni on a plate (why not patrol Plexus?), so I’m suspicious that he doesn’t have any of Oni’s spells. Tech 2 is most likely safe next turn, although my Ancient(s) may not live long if he start flooding the board as Peace is wont to do. Will he have teched Garrisons, counting on getting a few turns of good use out before I assimilate it? Or will he just go with Drill Sergeant to try to outpace my Blooming Ancients?

I’ve not bothered building a Tech lab or teching Hive yet, because I won’t be able to play both BA and Hive at the same time (not enough money!). Instead I’ve just teched a couple of spells which will be good for this deck, as well as giving me something to do if Tech 2 does get broken. I only wish some of my patrollers had more than 2 Attack (I did consider moving one of my patrollers to Elite, but I need him to do more to kill the Panda than just Nullcraft+Oni, and I do desparately need gold.)

After my draw: that doesn’t look too bad. I really don’t think he can both break Tech 2 AND kill Arg, so I should get to do something. A Panda-spirited nullcraft could be interesting, although it doesn’t provide any defence unfortunately. And I can always spend my gold on some Zane shenanigans - unless he breaks Tech 2 but leaves Arg alive.

1 Like

P2T4

TECH
Drill Sergeant
Overeager Cadet

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Forgotten Fighter
Nimble Fencer
Fading Argonaut (2/3)
Time Spiral

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Tinkerer
Time Spiral

NextHand

Boot Camp
Flagstone Garrison
Nullcraft
Temporal Research

Discard

Forgotten Fighter
Fading Argonaut
Battle Suits
Drill Sergeant
Overeager Cadet

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Forgotten Fighter returns Panda to your hand - ($4)
Nimble Fencer - ($2)
Nimble Fencer kills Calypso Vystari. You get a gold
Neo Plexus kills Arg. Oni to level 3
Midband Oni - ($0)
Oni and Stewardess break your Tech II, your base to 18

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Lvl 5 Onimaru (3/4)
  • Neo Plexus (2/1)
  • Nimble Fencer (2/1)
  • Stewardess of the Undone (2/3)

• Hand: 4
  • Disc: 5
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

Option 1: Worker, Forgotten Fighter on Panda (4), Nimble Fencer kills Calypso (2), Plexus kills Arg, Oni and Stewardess kill Tech II, midband Oni. Discard 2 and Draw 4. No patrol.
Option 2: Same as above, except play Battle Suits instead of midbanding Oni. I go down an extra card.

Either option puts me in a strong position, with his board wiped and his Tech II offline. Neither leaves me any non-Oni patrol, and in Option 2 Oni is still damaged and vulnerable to a Zane snipe. That doesn’t seem worth risking. Plus if I midband him I can attack and still patrol.

Teching a Drill Sergeant to get the Peace machine rolling, and an Overeager Cadet to help support it. Next turn is probably Garrison + maxband Oni. Feeling pretty good about my position here, but that’s often a sign that I’m about to get blindsided so let’s see what happens.

I think this is already pretty much over. I figured I’d play at least one more turn, but I don’t see much hope of coming back.

P1T5

TECH
Might of Leaf and Claw
Gilded Glaxx

STARTING HAND
Blooming Ancient
Battle Suits
Blooming Ancient
Nullcraft
Spirit of the Panda

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Neo Plexus
Temporal Research
Surprise Attack
Forgotten Fighter
Fading Argonaut

Discard

Calypso Vystari
Blooming Ancient
Battle Suits
Nullcraft
Blooming Ancient
Spirit of the Panda
Might of Leaf and Claw
Gilded Glaxx

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float + scavenger - ($10)
rebuild Tech 2
summon and max Zane, shoving Oni to Lookout and dealing him 1 damage - ($3)
Zane kills Oni, taking 3 damage
Giant Panda returns with his Wisp friend - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 5, draw 5

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: wisp (0/1)
  • max Zane (4/1)
  • Giant Panda (2/4)
  • :heart: Base HP: 18

• Disc: 8
Thoughts

Where did this all go do wrong? Perhaps I should have killed Oni last turn (I’ve only just realised that I was stupid to ask why he didn’t patrol Plexus last turn, because Plexus had attacked!), although I do think I was unlucky that he had both Nimble Fencer AND FF in his hand.

He is almost guaranteed to break Tech 2 again next turn (he is only one damage short with what is on the board, and will surely have something in hand to get him through, even if it’s only Nullcraft), so it’s just as well that I won’t have any Tech 2 units in hand. If by some miracle he doesn’t do that then I can always play Fading Argo and Temporal Research to go fishing. I also have Surprise Attack, although clearly he can kill Zane whenever he feels like it (but at least whatever he does that with, other than Nullcraft, will die itself).

But I’ve had to skip a worker just to stay (ever so slightly) in the game. If only Oni hadn’t been in Scavenger already, so I could have shoved him there with Zane to get that precious 1 gold! So I’m now even further behind on economy than I started as P1, AND he has the dominating board presence. Unless I can get something working soon then I’m totally dead in the water. And note that he hasn’t played any Tech 2 stuff yet!

P2T5

TECH
Overeager Cadet
Nimble Fencer

STARTING HAND
Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Flagstone Garrison
Boot Camp
Forgotten Fighter

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Tinkerer
Time Spiral
Temporal Research

NextHand

Fading Argonaut
Battle Suits
Overeager Cadet
Drill Sergeant

Discard

Boot Camp
Forgotten Fighter

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Flagstone Garrison - ($6)
Nullcraft. Reshuffle and draw - ($4)
River - ($2)
Stewardess kills Wisp, you get a gold
Nullcraft, Nimble Fencer, and Neo Plexus kill your Tech II again. Your base to 16
Worker - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 2, draw 4

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Lvl 1 River (2/3)
  • Neo Plexus (2/1)
  • Nimble Fencer (2/1)
  • Stewardess of the Undone (2/3)
  • Flagstone Garrison (4 HP)
  • Nullcraft (1/1)

• Deck: 2
  • Disc: 2
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

I draw Forgotten Fighter after the reshuffle, which means I can’t kill Zane this turn. But I think I’ve still got this one.

P1T6

TECH
Hive
Hive

STARTING HAND
Fading Argonaut
Surprise Attack
Forgotten Fighter
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Hardened Mox
Temporal Research

NextHand

Nullcraft
Battle Suits
Spirit of the Panda
Calypso Vystari

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + scavenger - ($9)
rebuild Tech 2
Surprise Attack! - ($4)
Sharks kill River (you get $1) and Stewardess
Zane breaks Garrison
Fading Argonaut - ($2)
worker - ($1)
Tech Lab - Future - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2/3+A, 3 runes)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Giant Panda (2/4)
  • max Zane (4/1)
  • :heart: Base HP: 16
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Future)

• Deck: 9
Thoughts

Well, that didn’t go anywhere near as badly as I expected. I guess he was due a bad draw :slight_smile:

He’s also answered my question as to whether or not he’d risk teching Garrisons - he did. I initially reactively teched Assimilate here, being happy to be about to reshuffle. But in the end I decided that having two Hives in the deck was more important, to be more likely to have one in hand at a point where it would be both possible and good to play it. (I would hate to draw BA, Hive and MoLaC all in the same hand if I’ve only got one copy of most of these!) Plus I can break the Garrison, which hopefully will lead to him getting short on cards (or having to sacrifice board presence to build back up) shortly. Of course, he may well have a second Garrison, but then I’ve made him wasted 3 gold. I may have been better off reducing his direct firepower by having Zane take out another of his units - but the clincher is that Zane gets to stay alive for another turn this way, and if he does kill Zane then that’s an attack that’s being used on him as opposed to my Tech 2 or Tech Lab.

Obviously I could have broken his Tech 2 as well, had I attacked with the Panda. But that would leave me with only one patroller and him with the same attack as he does now, so my Tech 2 would get broken again - not to mention him drawing a load of cards from his Tech 0 and Tech 1 units. (It’s very curious that I haven’t seen an Overeager Cadet yet.) Meanwhile he can rebuild Tech 2 at any time at no cost, while the Garrison will be missed for longer and at greater cost.

I do regret that, due to my lack of functioning Tech 2, that’s 2 turns in a row that I’ve been able to kill a hero of his and not benefit from the free levels. But I feel like I may be a little bit back in this game. I’m still quite a way behind just in terms of economy, and because he must be about to play a Drill Sergeant or two and go nuts. I’d rate my chances of winning from here as perhaps 10-15% (maybe should be a little higher, but I don’t have much experience of successfully closing out a win even if I get into a good position), when last turn I wouldn’t have put it at more than 2%.

Man, that’s a bad draw for my next hand. Good from the point of view of being able to play everything in it no matter what, but not good for actually getting in a winning position. SotP is going to do good work regardless, but I probably need him to kill my Panda and me to draw one of my good Tech 2s from it. Or I guess there’s always Vir and hope to find something good on top of my deck…

3 Likes

Just realised that I forgot to put that I was rebuilding Tech 2 - but I did do that. Have edited accordingly.

I hate to say it, but the sharks were a surprise

P2T6

TECH
Flagstone Garrison

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Drill Sergeant
Overeager Cadet
Fading Argonaut

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Tinkerer
Time Spiral
Temporal Research

NextHand

Nimble Fencer
Flagstone Garrison
Overeager Cadet
Flagstone Garrison
Overeager Cadet

Tech 1 card(s)
Get Paid + float + scavenger - ($12)
Worker - ($11)
Drill Sergeant - ($8)
Onimaru - ($6)
Nullcraft snipes Zane. Oni to Lvl 3
Maxband Oni - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 3

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Soldier #1 (1+1/1)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Soldier #2 (1/1)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Soldier #3 (1/1)
  • Neo Plexus (2/1)
  • Nimble Fencer (2+1/1)
  • Drill Sergeant (3/3)
  • Lvl 8 Onimaru (4/5)
  • Nullcraft (1/1)

• Deck: 5
  • Workers: 10

Sharks should always be a surprise :smiley:

I’m curious about your handsize. At the end of your last turn you had 4. This turn you played a worker and a Drill Sergeant, so it looks like you should be discarding 2 to draw 4. Yet you are claiming a discard-3-draw-5. What am I missing? Did you forget your Garrison wasn’t there?

EDIT: just realised your worker count is stated as 10, which it was last turn. So did you not play a worker after all? You appear to have paid $1 for one…

Oh whoops. I skipped a worker but forgot to delete the default line from the google doc. So I actually have 2 gold floating instead of 1

1 Like

Strange game. I keep getting to do some fun stuff, yet I can’t shake the feeling that I’m just treading water and losing in slow motion…

P1T7

TECH
Might of Leaf and Claw
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Spirit of the Panda
Calypso Vystari
Nullcraft

WORKERS
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Hardened Mox
Temporal Research

NextHand

Blooming Ancient
Neo Plexus
Might of Leaf and Claw

Discard

Calypso Vystari
Might of Leaf and Claw
Chaos Mirror

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
fading Argonaut now at 2 runes
Arg + Wisp - ($7)
Nullcraft - ($5)
Arg casts Spirit of the Panda on - no, not the Panda. The Nullcraft! - ($1)
PandaCraft kills Drill Sergeant and gets me $1 - ($2)
Battle Suits - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Fading Argonaut (3/3+A, 2 runes)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Giant Panda (2+1/4)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: lvl 1 Arg (1/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: wisp (0/1)
  • Nullcraft (3/3, flying, haste)
  • Spirit of the Panda (attached to Nullcraft, Healing 1)
  • Battle Suits
  • :heart: Base HP: 16
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Future)

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 6
Thoughts

Reasons to be optimistic: well I did something pretty cool again this turn, getting a Spirit of the Panda on Nullcraft and killing his Sergeant before it got a single rune. Now I have a 3/3 flier which will get me 1 gold every turn provided it attacks - and, as a flier, why would it not? He can block it with his own nullcraft, but that won’t impede it too much. (And it has Healing too, but realistically that’s going to do little if anything for me.)

But the rest looks all bad. I am stuck at 9 workers, which not only means a lack of gold, it also means that I have to keep on teching cards that I don’t really want or need. I could just about scrape together 2 useful cards to tech this turn, but after that it’s going to become pretty random. At least my deck is huge enough that the game should be decided before I get to the cards I’m teching now!

(Funny: I only just now, when it’s really too late, realised that I could have workered Battle Suits instead of playing it. It would help my economy, but I do think the +1 ATK could be important in keeping his board under control, given that I have Fargo on the board and possibly Plexus and Glaxx to come.)

He also has a maxed Onimaru, which probably means I’m going to have to eat an Art of War very soon. (He has ominously just reshuffled…) All I can really do is to build as solid a wall as I can and hope my tech buildings survive, and that I have enough attack to not let him through without major losses. His soldiers sadly have sparkshot - I would have loved to take 2 of them out with Fargo and Panda, but wasting their stats on killing a mere 1/1 each leaves my valuable things defenceless before his heavier hitters.

To cap it all off, in order to mount this limited amount of resistance I have gone down to 3 cards next turn. The one saving grace of my small hand sizes means that it’s unlikely I will face the embarassment of BA and Hive in the same hand with no way to play them both. (Although hey, SotP plus 9 workers should give me the necessary 10.)

Now is probably the time for Prynn to show up and start removing all my units…

(Next hand: BA and MoLaC, hmm nice. So I need Tech 2 to survive - but if all my other units die then those won’t do much on their own.)

nullcraft can’t be the target of buff spells. No fun for you!

2 Likes

Oops, I forgot that. Will have to rethink my entire turn now!