[LDT2] ARMed_Pirate (Discipline + Ninjutsu & Bashing) vs. codexnewb ( Feral + Growth & Finesse)

The draws were not kind to me, so I think you’ve got me. Good job not killing Sets!

I don’t think I’ll survive, but this is the best I can do to try…

P1T8

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Trojan Duck
Fuzz Cuddles

STARTING HAND
Snapback
True Power of Storms
Porcupine
Versatile Style

WORKERS

Fox Viper
Smoker
Aged Sensei
Savior Monk
Fox Primus

NextHand

Wrecking Ball
Wrecking Ball
Grappling Hook
Sensei’s Advice
Reversal

Discard

Trojan Duck
Glorious Ninja
Hidden Ninja
Hidden Ninja
Glorious Ninja
Morningstar Flagbearer
Inverse Power Ninja
Snapback
Versatile Style
Porcupine
True Power of Storms
Trojan Duck
Fuzz Cuddles

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($10)
Scavenger bonus - ($11)
Rebuild Tech II
Summon max Grave - ($3)
Grave casts Snapback, swapping Cal for River - ($0)
Skip Worker

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Grave Stormborne, Lv. 7 (4/5+a, Sparkshot, Readiness, Sword)
  • :psfist: Elite: Setsuki Hiruki, Lv. 1 (1+1/3)
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:
  • Safe Attacking
    Buildings:
  • :heart: Base HP: 13
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Ninjutsu)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 13
    Gold:
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

"P2T8

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Young Treant (0/2+A)
barkcoat bear
dinosize
moss sentinal

WORKERS
Spore Shambler
Tiger Cub
Ironbark Treant
Merfolk Prospector (2/1)
Playful Panda
Rich Earth

NextHand

barkcoat bear
Verdant Tree
stalking tiger
dinosize
Forest’s Favor

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($11)
Moss Acient trades with Grave, summon Squirrels #1, 5, and 6
Dinosize Squirrel #1, now 7/7 - ($7)
6 squirrels hits your base for 12 damage, your abse to 1 HP
Water Elemental kills Sets
River hits your base for 2 and the win. GG!

Float ($7)
Discard 3, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • River (2/3)
  • Water Elemental (3/3)
  • Arg (1/5+A)
  • Squirrel 1
  • Squirrel 2
  • Squirrel 3
  • Squirrel 4
  • Squirrel 5
  • Squirrel 6
  • Wisp (0/1)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 1
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Feral)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 9
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 7
  • Workers: 11
    "
1 Like

Holy cow! Good game man. I was terrified there when you dropped that freaking hammer down with TpoS, Grave, and GN.

1 Like

Great game!

I had an 83% chance to draw one or both of my wrecking balls over the last two turns, and I did not. If you had killed Sets, there was a chance I would have. Really smart play on your part.

On this last turn I just had to hope you didn’t have Dinosize/Stampede in hand. Without a boost or a Fencer, I think you only could have gotten 12 damage through. I could have just made Grave a Detector, but you had enough damage on the board with Cal to force through 13 the hard way, not counting new squirrels.

My only misplay (and I knew it as I did it) was going face instead of taking out your Tech III with Ninja (and maybe trading Bear with Flagbearer). If I’d done that, I probably would have had enough time to tech/draw into Hidden Ninja or Fox’s Den School, or build Tech III/Tech Lab; I already had a Duck in my deck in anticipation. I was so worried that you’d toss out a wall of Centaurs/Heroes/tokens, though, that I thought I might not be able to get enough stealth through in time, or you’d get a tower up as you did it.

I was also really worried about Fencers all game, which made some of my plays/patrols tough.

Great job!

@Bob199 Codexnewb has the win. (:

1 Like

This game played out WAY differently than I thought it would. I assumed you would push porcupines and Glorious Ninja’s hard as I think you probably had the tech 2 advantage. I almost went with Fencers, but basically once you were playing it more safe, i just built a wall hoping it would be tough to trade against.

my original win condition was actually rampaging elephant. i had no intention of going tech 3. but when things turned out so slow, i knew i wouldnt survive if you dropped a huge hand of porcupines to easily stop my attacks.

as for sets, since i couldnt win, i definitely didnt want to give you the card, and i figured by taking out all your units, it would eliminate the HIdden Ninja Threat. Lastly, realized in the final hour that i needed to prevent you from trading Sets into my huge units, and by taking out your tech 2, prevent troq from coming out.

all in all, it sounds like i stumbled my way into this win, and lucked out with you not drawing wrecking ball right away. i know that will come back to even out against me over time though, so dont worry, justice will come for me.

2 Likes

Hah. I’m only just now realizing that on my last turn I brought out Grave when I didn’t have Tech II. Illegal play! So you would have had me even if you didn’t have Dinosize in hand.

You had some good luck, sure, but you also played very smartly on those last few turns, and taking out Tech II when you did with Bear was good too; it prevented the second GNinja.

1 Like

I’ve used those ninja’ to cause mayhem enough to know they are better left off the board when i play against them.

1 Like