[LDT] Salrane (Present + Peace & Anarchy) vs. Dreamfire (Blood + Feral & Present)

Sorry for the delayed response, I had intermittent access to my laptop over the past few days.

For what it’s worth, there was a moment I was sure the slaughter was just around the corner, only from your side of the board. But either way, this was an awesome game!

P2T8

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Bloodlust
Kidnapping

STARTING HAND
Nautical Dog
Temporal Distortion
Centaur
Bloodrage Ogre
Charge
Bloodlust (Hyperion draw)

WORKERS
Pillage
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Bombaster
Mad Man
Scorch

NextHand

Kidnapping
Kidnapping
Bloodlust
Immortal
Immortal

Discard

Temporal Distortion
Bloodlust
Charge
Hyperion
Nautical Dog

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($11)
Rebuild tech 2
Skip worker
Centaur kills Calypso Vystari
Hyperion hits your base for 4 damage (down to 14), I draw
Temporal Distortion on Hyperion, bouncing her to my hand and fetching Crashbarrow from my codex - ($9)
Crashbarrow hits your base for 6 damage (down to 8)
Geiger trades with Zane, levels fizzle
Drakk - ($7)
Centaur #2 - ($4)
Bloodrage Ogre - ($2)
Bloodlust on Centaur #2 and Ogre - ($0)
Centaur #2 and Ogre hit your base for 8 damage and lethal, GG!

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Centaur #1 (3/1)
  • Drakk lvl 1 (1/3)
  • Centaur #2 (3/4)
  • Bloodrage Ogre (3/2)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 12
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 5
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 11
Thoughts

I have a 50% chance of finishing the game this turn, depending on the Hyperion draw (60% after teching second copies of Drakk’s spells). If I draw Rambaster or any of my teched spells, I can make it to lethal. But for some of those plays, it comes down to a single point of damage, so I’ll only know for sure after I hit the base with Hyperion. Even if I whiff the finishers (by drawing a useless tech 2 unit instead), I can still clear Salrane’s board + break tech 2, using a TD-ed+Charged Tricycloid.

Got Bloodlust! It’s one of the more convoluted finishes I was ready to pull off (along with Kidnapping on Air Hammer + Charged Nautical Dog), but lethal is lethal!

1 Like

hyperion is a guy! U__U he’s so dreamy :heart:

Great game! Dreamfire wins against Salrane in round 1. @Bob199

Thanks for the game, I learned a lot.

Secret information from the first two turns:

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Nullcraft
Forgotten Fighter
Temporal Research
Fading Argonaut
Plasmodium

WORKERS
Temporal Research

NextHand

Tinkerer
Neo Plexus
Time Spiral
Battle Suits
Hardened Mox

Discard

Nullcraft
Plasmodium
Forgotten Fighter

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Brave Knight
Calypso Vystari

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Neo Plexus
Time Spiral
Hardened Mox
Tinkerer

WORKERS
Temporal Research
Tinkerer

NextHand

Calypso Vystari
Plasmodium
Brave Knight
Time Spiral
Forgotten Fighter

1 Like

This was definitely a learning experience for me as well, especially after reading through your thoughts (shout-out to @ARMed_PIrate for suggesting that).

I’m not a very experienced player, as evidenced by my misreading you at almost every single turn this game. But if I were to presume to offer any kind of advice, it would be this: think about being more proactive, especially against explosive specs like Present and Blood. For example, there were a couple of turns where a Surprise Attack would have left me reeling, particularly with CalVys there to move a pesky patroller. And near the end, you let me keep Geiger for two key turns, and as a result got hit hard by TD (possibly the most efficient spell in the game with Present’s tech 2 on board).

All that aside, I also enjoyed your unorthodox (at least relative to the forum community) teching choices, and I wish you lots of luck with that style of play in the rest of the tournament.

P.S. @Legion Sorry, I didn’t mean to assume anybody’s gender :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Lol, mate i was just jking. it happens in codex. more than once ppl thought that poisonblade rogue and fox viper were males, and the ladies got offended :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the advice! I truly appreciate it.

I’ve discovered that the play by post format impacts my decision-making way more than I expected. With literally hours to plan my turn, I can get in my own head way too much. Spent a decent amount of our game tilting at windmills and neglecting my own game plan. Something I’ll have to keep an eye on moving forward.

3 Likes

he did pay 2. he went down from 3 gold to 1.

1 Like