IYL8 - Morningstar - Match Reports

vengefulpickle vs @Hobusu
1 -3

:zane::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I open with a K, because I can. I close out the first match with a MA, as any proper self-respecting Zane should.
:zane::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I open with a K, and @Hobusu smoke bombs it, because he can. He closes it out with a perfect, as any proper self-respecting Setsuki would.
:zane::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I open with a K, and @Hobusu blocks it. Then he does Sets things, and I die.
:troq::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I open 6-7-8, and then block to get to 50% Hyuk. Then I play impatiently and tank everything with my face. Itā€™s not a winning strategy.

GGs, @Hobusu. Hopefully I can scrape off a bit more rust before we run into each other again.

6 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 0 Accel

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

ggs Accel

5 Likes

Djister vs. @ohithere

3-0

:rook: > :jaina:

GGs and thanks for the games! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

CarpeGuitarrem vs. @Accel
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :jaina:

GGs! Jaina is a new matchup, I had to learn to throw a lot moreā€¦

5 Likes

I hate to see Jainaā€™s winrate plummeting like this :chibijaina: :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Look, ohithere did plenty to me last week.

3 Likes

Did Jaina lose a lot of games? Sure.

Is her record in this division 4 - 14? Yes.

But are 10 of those losses to Onimaru? Also yes. And do those really count?

7 Likes

Nope, oni wins are all fraudulent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Rook wins, however, count double

3 Likes

CMB should work like Victory Dragon where if you win with that card you win the set.

6 Likes

wow this would actually help balance the char in a hilarious great way

5 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @undergroundmonorail
:onimaru: > :setsuki: went full throw mode caught many dodges
:onimaru: > :setsuki: went 10 10 10 to start
:onimaru: > :setsuki: absolute nailbiter of a game, down to final combats and final cards in hand.

GGs!

6 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 2 undergroundmonorail

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:

ggs! set really came down to the wire, your adjustment in game 4 was really scary

6 Likes

migohunter vs @Zqxx

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

GGs man, I had great draws overall. Expected the fish, got rushdown characters instead!

5 Likes

No need to qualify your victories with appeals to RNG! You were clearly outplaying me.

In retrospect I should have stayed as :setsuki:, I think. But thatā€™s how you learn!

4 Likes

vs @mastrblastr

:bbb::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:zane::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:zane::psfist::pschip::onimaru:

It was a true 22XX set, marked with traditional counterpicks to non-traditional openers. Notable were execution and timer errors on both sides, 2x dodge in AA from Zane, Gloria going to town on the fish, and more that I donā€™t even remember. Video to follow shortly. (Maybe multiple? @migohunter and @mysticjuicer were both in attendance)

7 Likes

migo recorded, and I joined him on commentary. really glad we caught the set, because it was really hype!

5 Likes

Below are the results of my set against @Accel. You guys might want to check out the video that @mysticjuicer recorded, when itā€™s available.

Here are the results.

Djister vs. @Accel

3-0

:rook: > :gwen:

GGs and thanks for the games! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good games Djister.

On the video, Mystic comments that I appear to be learning on the fly, and thatā€™s absolutely true. Iā€™m mostly just working through my list of ā€œCharacters that look cool, but I donā€™t get to play muchā€.

Things that don't show in the mj video:
  1. My opening hand in the first game was basically all J/Q/high normals. I had no idea how to deal with that as Gwen.

2. Second game may have been a lot closer, but I spent too much time trying to figure out my combo about 2/3rds of the way through and lost it to the timer.

3. That last game ending really encapsulated my biggest weakness in Yomi; which Yomi layer Iā€™m playing on. I knew you had a win with RA or Vines, so played against that with the best I had, given that all my Qs were gone.

I made some mechanical errors during the game. Short term stuff like trying to pump fast J, and long term like not paying enough attention to my normals and never having the right mix for RS.

I think I picked up a few things during the match though. I did a few bad things like pumping away all my 2s & throws, which hurt me in trying to deal with your J & blocks. And didnā€™t step back for defense enough either. If/when I play the MU again Iā€™ll have to experiment more with RS to see what it can actually do against Rook.

4 Likes

Carpe vs. @undergroundmonorail

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

ggs! Won the last one off the 10est of throws on a very low hand!

4 Likes