IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports

Masterblastr, I guess I’ll just need to fish for victory against you from now on.

3 Likes

For the record, in game 3, I put approximately 1 billion damage into Jokers in the first 2 or 3 combats.

7 Likes

That’ll do it

Leontes vs. @Hobusu

:midori::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:midori::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:midori::pschip::psfist::degrey:
:zane::psfist::pschip::degrey:

Leontes wins 3-1

Was a bit worried about the starting :degrey: but I played as awkwardly as I needed to to get the job done. Wake up 9 throw and lots of landed Midoribunkers into Q and AA were sealing the deal.

Hobusu rekt me in game 3 so I just switched to :zane: for the counterpick.

ggs Hobusu. See you at the uhh, middle of the leaderboards soon lmao

6 Likes

… am I rubbing off on people?

2 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @vengefulpickle

:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 Vengeful Pickle
Southpaw Hare wins!

5 Likes

Robosatan strikes again, I guess.

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @Nopethebard
:quince::psfist::pschip::troq: I never lost combat and really stomped the bits out of Troq. I got some very good draws and that helped a lot. I’m especially fond of lying on J-Spin three times and then playing it honestly 3-4 times after that.
:quince::psfist::pschip::menelker: Relatively even but Quince has killin’ fists and Menelker’s frail body cannot stand up to the hits.
:quince::pschip::psfist::menelker: I am perfected by a sudden change in Menelker plays. It really reminded me of Leontes and the pressure he brings by playing so quickly.
:gwen::psfist::pschip::menelker: I turn to an ice witch to help since hitting stuff is her specialty. I get my shit kicked in for a bit and then close out the game in 3-4 combats. I play a little risky at the end but it pays off.

GGs Nopethebard! Your menelker is scary and I’m excited and spooked to see it develop more!

4 Likes

I hope to perform better next time.

4 Likes

I will also attest to this!

2 Likes

Thanks Carpeguitarrem! I will seek to make my Menelker even scarier. (Also to make my Troq scary)

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @MercyfulFate619
:persephone::psfist::pschip::zane: Mercy opens up with a throw into decent damage but no KD. Persephone is able to get her engine roaring to life and basically just keep Zane in the vortex until he expires.
:persephone::psfist::pschip::zane: Not even semi-hidden Anarchy can destroy me! As I recall, he powered up for 2 aces and a couple combats later, hit me with it. Unfortunately, his hand was destroyed so I was able to start the dominance chain and kick him until he died.
:persephone::pschip::psfist::zane: Range shift results in me making some risky plays and Mercyful making POWERFUL plays that eliminate Persephone’s hit points.
:persephone::psfist::pschip::zane: It’s a little more tense in this game and we’re both more cautious in the beginning. I get the vortex to sputter to life but I’m not able to sustain it. I manage to block out an Anarchy comprised of three hidden aces. That worked out quite well for me. After that, however, Zane kicks me in the shins until I’m at 10 life. I block with a 6 since I know he’s got a 6 in hand. He plays a K, gets KD, I trigger dominance, and then I’m able to run a train until he dies. It was very spooky but I managed to eke it out.

I like the taste of cruelty, especially when that cruelty involves throwing massive amounts of Crash Bombs into the discard. Truly majestic.

GGs Mercyful! I was anxious about playing you since I’ve always imagined you as a bit of a wild card and you certainly didn’t disappoint in that respect! Good luck in the rest of IYL.

4 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @Leontes

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:

What a fun set, GGs. Game two came down to the wire with a 50/50. Leontes could have easily gone Shin and counterpicked with Zane or some other character after he lost the first game but we stuck out in a gentlemanly duel to the end. I drew very well the whole set and made the right positive spin/pat mirror decisions most of the time.

Will edit this post with a youtube link later because I actually recorded this match! No commentary, just music.

6 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 2 @Leontes
:onimaru: > :midori: Midori had 0 successful blocks
:onimaru: < :midori: Midori consistently won the footsies
:bbb: < :midori: got punished for the heel turn. got to range twice and out immediately. pummeled.
:onimaru: > :midori: Midori got to 12 cards with AAAA, Oni got a perfect.
:onimaru: > :midori: an unbelievable game, one of the most fun i’ve had. The full metagame was in effect. Oni 3 attacks, midori 3 blocks blocking faces and aces. 6 atk midori to try to beat 3 block, complete craziness. Was down to last combat for half a dozen turns with real wildness happening. I was KD and at 8hp and 3 cards while he was at 2hp. I blocked AA which checkmated the rest of me. 2 turns later Leontes 4 attacks, wins with it but can’t lethal from it. I lethal next turn.

Great great games @Leontes, this was such a good set that honestly the result doesn’t matter, and I truly feel that way. We basically tied.
P.S. I told y’all I’m an Oni main these days.

5 Likes

I think I’ll be playing Fish far more often now

1 Like

Southpaw Hare vs @GutterOwl

:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :persephone:
:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :onimaru:
:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :persephone:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 Gutter Owl
Southpaw Hare wins!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Carpeguitarrem vs. @vengefulpickle
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: back-to-back FA over Cycloid Revolution into Guard Crush the 10-block for lethal!
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Crash Bomb lethal!
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Got dropped to 32 HP before rallying for the win! I was also apparently this close from being hit with raw Manarchy early in the game :scream:

ggs! This IYL is starting to get surreal for me…

EDIT: and 10-attack is the ultimate mixup normal

8 Likes

Me and Migo decided to have our match early. Soooooo…
Nopethebard vs Migo Hunter
3-1
:chibimenelker: > :chibiquince:
High DPS won the day; a traditional Menelker game. I had 3 known As most of the game. I used 2 of them in the final combo.
:chibimenelker: < :chibiquince: quince got his pressure going and never let go.
:chibisetsuki: > :chibiquince: hyper aggressive Setsuki shenanigans. Lots of good draws.
:chibisetsuki: > :chibiquince: more of the same.
GGs Migo! You fought bravely.

4 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Leontes

:gwen: :psfist::pschip: :midori:
:gwen: :pschip::psfist: :midori:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :midori:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :setsuki:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 1 Leontes
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes