IYL7 - Dreadlands - Match Reports

Another victory for sadism…coincidentally, also a victory for JonnyD.

2 Likes

mysticjuicer 2 - 3 Xiba

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie:

ggs

2 Likes

Xiba vs @mysticjuicer 3 - 2
:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq:
:argagarg: :psfist: :knockdown: :troq:
:argagarg: :knockdown: :psfist: :setsuki: Counter
:argagarg: :knockdown: :psfist: :setsuki: Want to try again, but failed.
:valerie: :psfist: :knockdown: :setsuki: Counter. When we have 45 - 24 hp, sets give a mediem combo and then it’s 23 - 24 hp. Sets got SOF and bring 7/Q/K back. I have 10/J/Q/Q/K/A in hand and I guess he will play throw (that time I guess he will afraid of my dodge so will not play Q, but he says later that he saw I respect all his attacks so he think I won’t change but guess wrong haha, I like to change). So next two turns is J against throw 9, and A against throw 7. GG.
ggs. Thanks for your match. And thanks to @Leontes instructions after match.

3 Likes

ArthurWynne vs Xiba

:grave: :knockdown: :psfist: :argagarg:
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :argagarg:
— After this there was an intermission, so these games are not as fresh in memory. IIRC in the first game Arg played patiently, blocked a lot and won with tons of Hex and Bubble Shield damage, in the second game #TroqThings happened.—
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :argagarg: Troq gets early life lead with a mix of face cards and throw combos, throws some more to pressure Arg’s hand, then literally mono throws for the rest of the game because from a low hand Arg with two aces in the discard I fear no attacks.
:troq: :psfist: :knockdown: :argagarg: Both of us change things up; I block more and get two attached early, Arg takes a life lead with well-aimed attacks. But then I power up three 7s, dodge into Beast Unleashed, have King, play King, put Arg to 1, have Queen, play Queen, chip out. Troq is a fair character. >_>

Final result: 3-1 to ArthurWynne

GGs @Xiba, glad we got to finish the set!

4 Likes

Quick question @vengefulpickle, what’s the cut off for the playoffs this year seeing as there are only 2 groups?

It’s a little involved.

Top 2 from each group auto-qualify, then #4 in each group plays #5, winner plays #3, and winner of that is also qualified.

So we end up with a 6-person playoff, which also means the #1 from each group has a bye to the semifinals.

I might do that, I might also consider top 3 go in, and #4 and #5 play in to fill out an 8 bracket. It loses the advantage to being #1 seed in the regular season, though, which isn’t ideal.

1 Like

@vengefulpickle, I was just going off the rules posted in the main thread.

I thought those rules seemed fine, but given my position in the standings, I’m in favor of anything that increases the odds of #4-5 getting in. :smile:

One option might be to go for 8-man playoff but give the #1 seed an advantage in their quarterfinal set? Anything from needing 3 wins instead of 4 to requiring a full-on bracket reset for their opponent to win.

Edit: #4 and #5 play in, then seed it so the winner faces a #1 and the #1 has “winner’s bracket” advantage? Does that seem fair?

I’m going to think on it a bit, and I’ll post back to the main rules thread.

3 Likes

ClanNatioy 3 > 0 @ArthurWynne

:midori: > :rook:
:midori: > :grave:
:midori: > :grave:

GGs, it was a fun set

4 Likes

It really was!

ClanNatioy had a great comeback in the first game that shaped the entire set.

3 Likes

Playing my matches slightly out of order, but my game with Caralad coming later tonight!

thehug0naut vs @JonnyD
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie: having lots of DPs are good
:grave::pschip::psfist::quince: tried to keep quince low on cards, mostly worked, but couldn’t land TPoS and got stuck in the spin cycle
:rook::psfist::pschip::quince: I return to my earthy roots! Traded a bunch of blows, spent a lot of time being spun, nearly lost my nerve but held on to land some strong damage and take the game
:rook::psfist::pschip::persephone: Thankfully avoided lockdown, and (as @Legion “suggested” :joy:) managed to hit all 5Ks (one was a Q+) and take the win!

thehug0naut wins 3-1!

6 Likes

just to give you the context, hug0 had just landed his second K, bringing perse down to 45. So I said: “Wow, just 3 more for the win” XD

4 Likes

Caralad vs @thehug0naut

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:

GG’s Hug0

5 Likes

Fun times indeed! :smile:

:heart: G R A P P L E R F I T E :heart:

8 Likes

Hug it out, guys!

1 Like

Y’all got some scary frontrunners here in this division…and just like in Morningstar, that middle of the pack is so, so within striking distance. It’s really anyone’s game at this point!

3 Likes

CKR over snoc 3-1

All :zane: vs :setsuki:

ggs.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@JonnyD vs @Caralad

:jaina::psfist::pschip::geiger: I drew all 4 Kings. That’s the only way this matchup is fine.
:jaina::psfist::pschip::geiger: I drew 3 Kings, that’s the other way this matchup is fine.
:jaina::pschip::psfist::troq: I think I played a bit too loosely and went topdeck mode too early, but Caralad played this really well.
:jaina::psfist::pschip::troq: Standard Jaina-Troq stuff.

JonnyD wins 3-1!

6 Likes