IYL 7 Playoff Results

Report your IYL 7 Playoff Games here!

Continuing the discussion from IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports:

3 Likes

Copying over these results.

EDIT: Nice going, forums. Really helping me out here.

4 Likes

JonnyD vs @migohunter

:quince::pschip::psfist::quince: Random gods gave me Quince and then I got DESTROYED.
:jaina::psfist::pschip::quince:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::menelker: Sometimes Argagarg just has 2 jokers and doesn’t care about getting RAW DSD’d.
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::quince:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::quince:
:jaina: :psfist::pschip::menelker: Last combat.

JonnyD wins 4-3.

Mi-go is uploading later. This was very close. He made the right calls, but I think the draws were on my side. Thanks for the games.

2 Likes

That uh, that’s a lot of fish.

1 Like

Vs @JonnyD

Probably couldn’t have ended any closer, ggs dude

2 Likes

mastrblastr 4 - 2 @CKR
:zane: > :zane:
:zane: < :zane: Zane mirrors are the craziest MU in Yomi and IMO are extremely skill intensive despite the insane variance. I feel comfortable in the MU and thought opening :zane: would do best against the possible chars I thought @CKR would lead on. He played the MU really really well which isn’t surprising at all.
:troq: > :zane: comfortable win where he had a terrible hand and I never gave him the opportunity to win
:troq: < :geiger: unbelievably close match. Got him down to 20hp to my 60. he had THREE TDs poked out the first 2 to get him to 5, and he lethaled me on the 3rd. He got a ton of blocks off and a huge hand so it was a deserved monster hand that he had.
:zane: > :geiger: I had every tool I needed drawn at pretty much the perfect time and got to go full rushdown
:zane: > :troq: I threw caution to the wind went in hard, never blocked used all cards to go down to 1 card converting maximum damage every opportunity, and then squeezed out the last few points.

GGs CKR, I know it wasn’t the result you were hoping for, but these were great games and each one was really fun and interesting.

3 Likes

@JonnyD vs @GutterOwl

:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: I took mi-go’s advice and opened Quince. 2 Engine + going ham works.
:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: 2 Engine again again.
:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: I disrespected AA a bunch, got punished, then I probably got the luckiest last turn reveal I’ve had in tournament. So surprised it worked.
:quince::pschip::psfist::persephone: Brought it to last combat, but got outplayed.
:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: I honestly forget most of what happened but I won with wake up 7 Throw> Q++ for lethal. I think I played flowchart J spin a lot lol.

JonnyD wins 4-1. Pretty long set. GGs. You performed pretty well this tournament.

5 Likes

quince is hella scary.

4 Likes

I was hoping for the win, but losing will keep me motivated. Honestly, I was surprised to see Zane in game 1. I thought we might do the Zane/Oni runback. In the past, I have actually been scared of the Zane mirror. I now feel comfortable in that MU. I was willing to go the whole way with that. Alas, we entered the Yomi 20XX meta, and I was outplayed.

ggs.

3 Likes

mastrblastr 4 - 1 @mysticjuicer
:troq: > :troq: Yet again I decide I’d like to make a statement and try to win the expected mirror match. Super close set, I pulled ahead early, got hit by all 4 Queens midgame to get behind, was down 15-50 or so and was able to close it out, winning on Q outspeeding AA
:troq: > :onimaru: got a lot of blocks off, was able to build a big hand and hit with normal straights
:troq: > :onimaru: shifted to extreme aggression and rushed down before oni could build a functional hand.
:troq: < :setsuki: Guessed wrong every time got outplayed, even had 2 of my attacks dodged. Not at all close.
:onimaru: > :setsuki: Sets had a terrible starting hand and was never able to dump and I spammed dodges against what felt like an awkward hand to get out of from a throw.

GGs Juicer, was fun as always, and we definitely need to have more matches vs each other!

6 Likes

Can’t say I enjoyed it as much as you did, but I am looking forward to playing you more. :slight_smile: ggs

6 Likes

I decided to watch the game 1. Juicer, that was your game to win. Mastrblastr came out super aggressive and you adjusted perfectly. I was awestruck by what happened in the late game. I do know that things happen, but you had a good chance to start off well. btw, I was rooting for you after my defeat because mastrblastr is my demon. He can’t be yours, too. I may check out the rest. I definitely will if there is a VOD. ggs, mastrblastr.

3 Likes

Yeah, it feels pretty bad to pick the only losing move in your hand 4 turns in a row…

4 Likes

Congrats to our finalists, @JonnyD and @mastrblastr!

8 Likes

Looking forward to watching the finals! :smiley: Should be a good fight!

5 Likes

JonnyD vs @mastrblastr

:zane::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:zane::pschip::psfist::troq:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::troq:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::zane:
:valerie::psfist::pschip::zane:
:valerie::psfist::pschip::zane:

JonnyD wins 4-2

Uploading the Vod without commentary but some of these were really close. Thanks for the games.

7 Likes

I really enjoyed that. I only caught the last couple of matches. @mastrblastr was definitely playing a strong KD mixup game. In the end, your Val proved just fast enough in the mighty battle between Zane 7 attack versus the Val 6 attack. Keep boppin. Congrats to the champion Jonny with the most Ds.

4 Likes

great great games, was salty about g1 and g3 but more salty at myself for letting it slip away, and you played great and earned the win. G1 i was 14 or 15 normals on top of the deck. G3 I had no blocks for 5 turns but it didn’t end up being a big deal. G3 I had 3 vs 1 last combats to win, G5 1 v 1 and G6 3 v 1. So that’s on me. I’m strangely not upset, it was just a really good match.

4 Likes

Damn I was away from home while all this happened. Congrats @JonnyD you deserve it, I’ve been saying for a long time that you’re one of the best yomi players and you’ve proved it today. :+1:

Of course mastrblastr is no slouch, he has played Yomi for a long time and gets consistently good results almost every time. GGs to both!

3 Likes

This man has never lost an international game of tag in his life! :open_mouth: Congrats JonnyD! Sounds like it was a hell of a fight!

Gratz to mastrblastr for the 2nd place finish!

4 Likes