IsotopeX (MonoGreen) vs Armed Pirate (Present/Demon/Finesse)

"P1T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Faerie Dragon
T-Rex

STARTING HAND
Potent Basilisk
Behind the Ferns
Forest’s Favor
Rampant Growth
Nature Reclaims

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth
Verdant Tree
Spore Shambler
Merfolk Prospector (1/1) exhausted
Centaur (3/2 Overpower Resist 1) exhausted

NextHand

Young Treant
Faerie Dragon
Playful Panda (2/2+1A)
Wandering Mimic

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid+float - ($11)
Cala casts Forest’s Favor on herself - ($9)
Cala kills Argonaut, takes 4 damage
Cala cast Rampant Growth on Centaur (now 5/2+2A) - ($7)
Centaur kills Geiger, takes 1 damage after armor, Overpowers damage to destroy Tech I
Cala levels to maximum
You draw a card, your base takes 2 damage
Cala casts Behind the Ferns - ($5)
Heroes Hall (destroys Tower, my base takes 2 damage) - ($3)

Float ($3)
Discard 2, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Calamandra Lv 5 (5/6) (has +1/+1 rune) exhausted
  • Centaur (3/1 Overpower Resist 1)
  • Behind the Ferns: Channeled through Calamandra
  • Heroes Hall
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 14
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 8
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 3
  • Workers: 10
    "
1 Like

I assume this is a Heroes hall?

Yes. And also yes.

Your base is at 12, right? 16 after I broke both tech buildings, 14 after I broke Tech I again, 12 after you broke your own Tower?

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]
I’m regretting putting in that Shadow Blade last turn. Dark Pacts seem more important for drawing my hasty units or base racing with direct damage. We’ll put them in now.

So I have two basic lines:

1. Summon and max Vandy
  2. Summon and max River

If I max Vandy, dooming Fencer, I could kill Cal, or kill Tech I, or kill Centaur and HH. I could then either worker or play a FArgo.
a) If I kill Tech I, I have to eat a max rune Cal+5/3 Centaur with Overpower. No bueno. Actually… I can get around dooming Centaur because Cal gave it resist 1; I just have to spend all my gold. But levels when he kills Vandy will go to Mid or Arg.
b) If I kill Cal, I still have to deal with the 3/1 Centaur, and I have to deal with him playing Tech I and hero (if he drew into his other Centaur).
c) If I kill Centaur and HH, I only have to deal with Cal, but he might put out another Centaur if he drew into it. If not, I suspect that his deck is still Midori-spell-heavy. And Behind the Ferns doesn’t do much without units; I wonder if he played it just to get it out of the deck. The other benefit is Vandy might survive to cast Metamorphosis, even if I worker instead of playing a FArgo.
d) I could do 6 to base, putting him at 6. That’s range of a Gargoyle plus a Vandy-doomed Nullcraft in a few turns, but I might die first. It’s also in range of a Metamorphed Vandy. And he might be wary of destroying his HH to build a Tower after destroying Tower to build HH. But I doubt Vandy will survive to be Metamorphed.

If I play River, then I’ll just follow her up with Plexus+Fargo, or Fargo+worker.
a) I could take out HH. Then I’m dealing with 3/1 Centaur and 5/6 Cal, and possibly Tech I.
b) I could take out Centaur and do 2 damage to Cal or Tech I or HH or base.

I think I’m going with 1c, because having Vandy around seems good in case I draw Meta. I have a decent chance that he doesn’t draw a Tech I unit, which means his turn won’t be that great. I have a tough choice of whether to put Vandy on the back line behind FArgo or SQL. Back line means he has to discard 2 to stealth Cal to kill her. Front line means he can’t kill her unless he just drew Forest’s Favor or Rampant Growth (both possible). He’s got the money advantage, especially if I play FArgo. And he’s at 4 cards. Let’s put her backline (or at least Technician/Scav) and force him to pay to kill her.

Maybe I should be killing Cal and dealing with Mid or Arg+3/1 Centaur, but I’m worried about the options, and I don’t want any Moment’s Peace futzing my blitz.
[/spoiler][/details]

P2T6

TECH

Dark Pact
Dark Pact

STARTING HAND
Neo Plexus
Fading Argonaut
Temporal Distortion
Plasmodium

WORKERS

Time Spiral
Tinkerer
Temporal Research

NextHand

Now!
Shadow Blade
Forgotten Fighter
Dark Pact
Dark Pact

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Skip worker
Recruit FArgo - ($6)
Mox kills Centaur and is inwincible!
Summon Vandy, to max, - ($0)
dooming Fencer and none of your units 'cause they’re all dead! MUAHAHAAHAHHA! Ahem.
Sorry; it’s not often I can get all benefit out of Vandy’s ability. (Even if I left Centaur alive, he wouldn’t get the doom-boost, due to his fancy Cal-induced Resist.)
Fencer breaks your Heroes’ Hall, bringing your base down to 10 HP, but her time on this earth is limited
Rebuild Tech I

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Fading Argonaut (3/3+a, Fading 3)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • Hardened Mox (2/1, Indestructible)
  • Nimble Fencer (4/3, doomed)
  • Battle Suits
  • :heart: Base HP: 16

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 9
  • Disc: 0
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 8

[details=Thoughts]
So, 2x Dark Pact and a Shadow Blade. That’s a hand I can live with… provided he doesn’t stealth Cal to kill Vandy.

[/details]

"P1T7

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Playful Panda (2/2+1A)
Young Treant
Wandering Mimic
Faerie Dragon
Forest’s Favor

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth
Verdant Tree
Spore Shambler
Merfolk Prospector (1/1) exhausted

NextHand

Rampant Growth
Circle of Life
T-Rex

Discard

Centaur
Centaur
Faerie Dragon
Wandering Mimic
Forest’s Favor

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($13)
Rebuild Tech II
Young Treant+card draw - ($11)
Playful Panda + Wisp - ($9)
Calamandra discards 2 card to gain stealth, destroys Tech I, your base takes 2 damage
Surplus - ($4)

Float ($4)
Discard 1, draw 3

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Playful Panda (2/2) exhausted
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Young Treant (0/2 can’t attack)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Wisp (0/1)
  • Calamandra Lv 5 (5/6) (has +1/+1 rune) exhausted
  • Behind the Ferns: Channeled through Calamandra
  • :heart: Base HP: 10
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Balance)
  • :heart: Surplus HP: 5

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 5
  • Gold: 4
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

I’m spinning my wheels here, but with some luck I’ve got enough of a wall that I’ll keep Tech II for next turn. I’m actually sort of hoping he’ll kill Calamandra, right now I have more money than I know what to do with. So I need options, so for the first time ever, I’m building Surplus.

"

Playful Panda is exhausted (as you note), so can’t patrol. Do you want to redo or just move him to the back line?

1 Like

Sorry, I’m making stupid mistakes all over. Distracted. Young Treant will move to SQL. I suspect my situation is hopeless anyway.

@IsotopeX

Well, I got really lucky: I drew a hand full of Vandy spells (including the two Dark Pacts I teched in last turn), and you chose to kill Tech I over Vandy. (I just as easily could have drawn Nullcraft or Gargoyle and Now!, and easily gotten levels for Geiger taking out 2-HP Cal, so it’s not like you made the wrong choice; just really lucky for me.)

There were three or four ways I could have done this. I think this is the most stylish, though I also could have suicided Vandy into Cal, which would have let me play every card in my hand and still take it. This way I win without ever attacking Cal; Argagarg would be proud!

P2T7

TECH

Octavian
Octavian

STARTING HAND
Forgotten Fighter
Dark Pact
Now!
Dark Pact
Shadow Blade

WORKERS

Time Spiral
Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Now!

NextHand

Plasmodium
Nullcraft

Discard

Forgotten Fighter
Dark Pact
Dark Pact
Shadow Blade
Octavian
Octavian

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Fencer dies of Vandy-doom
FArgo fades to 2 runes
Worker - ($7)
Build Tech Lab Finesse - ($6)
You built a Surplus because you need cards, right? Here, let me help:
Vandy casts an expensive Forgotten Fighter, bouncing Treant back to your hand - ($3)
Vandy casts Dark Pact twice; your base takes 4 (to 6 HP) and you draw 4 cards!
Hmmm. I think I gave you too many. Here, I’ll fix it:
Vandy casts Shadow Blade, killing Wisp; random.org sez you discard card #6 of 8; then you draw 1 card - ($0)
Hmmm. You still have the same amount. Let’s do this and call it even:
Vandy destroys your brand new Surplus (which had 4 HP); your base takes 2, down to 4 HP
FArgo hits your base down to 1
Mox destroys your base and dances on the ruins

Float ($0)
Discard 0, draw 2

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:
  • Hardened Mox (2/1, Indestructible)
  • Fading Argonaut (3/3, Fading 2)
  • Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
  • Battle Suits
    Buildings:
  • :heart: Base HP: 14
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Finesse)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 2
  • Deck: 7
  • Disc: 6
    Gold:
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 9

[details=Thoughts]
Who needs more than 8 workers?

[/details]

I think if you had patrolled Cal you could have bought yourself another turn.
With Cal in SQL, I would have had to either:

1. Play out my whole hand: Dark Pact you x2, Shadow Blade and Vandy trade with Cal, Mox kills Ent, Geiger, Now! on himself, Forgotten Fighter Wisp, Geiger and FArgo put you at 1, then hope to draw Nullcraft with a 2-card hand or somehow sneak something else through before you stabilize… or
  2. Dark Pact myself to dig for Meta, then have Vandy hit your base directly (only a 22% chance to draw Meta off the first Dark Pact, which would allow me to close out the game with the other Dark Pact; otherwise, you’re still at 2 and I have to wait for Gargoyle/Nullcraft; only 44% chance of drawing Meta at all; pretty risky).

With Cal in a secondary slot, I still would have had:
Shadow Blade Treant, Dark Pact x2 on your base, Vandy and Mox kill Cal. Geiger, Now on himself, Forgotten Fighter Wisp, Geiger and Fargo bring your base to 1.

With Cal in either slot and Wisp in Lookout, it would have been really hard to get you past 3 HP. I guess I’m glad the Shadow Blade was a surprise and my Tech I was scary!

Good game! Though I agree that you seemed distracted. I don’t recall ever seeing you make this many accidental illegal plays and typos in your other games; I hope things are going okay in real life!

3 Likes

Yeah, just the end of the school year so I have 85 layers of shit going on. I’m not sure the Mox can actually dance on the ruins without Two Step in play.

I agree maybe putting Cala in SQL would have been better, but I think it was effectively moot. My last hand of only 3 cards included my Tech III; all I might have been able to pull off was a Circle of Life gambit.

1 Like