Well, I got really lucky: I drew a hand full of Vandy spells (including the two Dark Pacts I teched in last turn), and you chose to kill Tech I over Vandy. (I just as easily could have drawn Nullcraft or Gargoyle and Now!, and easily gotten levels for Geiger taking out 2-HP Cal, so it's not like you made the wrong choice; just really lucky for me.)
There were three or four ways I could have done this. I think this is the most stylish, though I also could have suicided Vandy into Cal, which would have let me play every card in my hand and still take it. This way I win without ever attacking Cal; Argagarg would be proud!
Tech StartingHand Workers
Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Fencer dies of Vandy-doom
FArgo fades to 2 runes
Worker - ($7)
Build Tech Lab Finesse - ($6)
You built a Surplus because you need cards, right? Here, let me help:
Vandy casts an expensive Forgotten Fighter, bouncing Treant back to your hand - ($3)
Vandy casts Dark Pact twice; your base takes 4 (to 6 HP) and you draw 4 cards!
Hmmm. I think I gave you too many. Here, I'll fix it:
Vandy casts Shadow Blade, killing Wisp; random.org sez you discard card #6 of 8; then you draw 1 card - ($0)
Hmmm. You still have the same amount. Let's do this and call it even:
Vandy destroys your brand new Surplus (which had 4 HP); your base takes 2, down to 4 HP
FArgo hits your base down to 1
Mox destroys your base and dances on the ruins
Discard 0, draw 2
* Squad Leader:
* Hardened Mox (2/1, Indestructible)
* Fading Argonaut (3/3, Fading 2)
* Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
* Battle Suits
* Base HP: 14
* Tech Lab HP: 4 (Finesse)
* Hand: 2
* Deck: 7
* Disc: 6
* Gold: 0
* Workers: 9
Who needs more than 8 workers?
I think if you had patrolled Cal you could have bought yourself another turn.
With Cal in SQL, I would have had to either:
1) Play out my whole hand: Dark Pact you x2, Shadow Blade and Vandy trade with Cal, Mox kills Ent, Geiger, Now! on himself, Forgotten Fighter Wisp, Geiger and FArgo put you at 1, then hope to draw Nullcraft with a 2-card hand or somehow sneak something else through before you stabilize... or
2) Dark Pact myself to dig for Meta, then have Vandy hit your base directly (only a 22% chance to draw Meta off the first Dark Pact, which would allow me to close out the game with the other Dark Pact; otherwise, you're still at 2 and I have to wait for Gargoyle/Nullcraft; only 44% chance of drawing Meta at all; pretty risky).
With Cal in a secondary slot, I still would have had:
Shadow Blade Treant, Dark Pact x2 on your base, Vandy and Mox kill Cal. Geiger, Now on himself, Forgotten Fighter Wisp, Geiger and Fargo bring your base to 1.
With Cal in either slot and Wisp in Lookout, it would have been really hard to get you past 3 HP. I guess I'm glad the Shadow Blade was a surprise and my Tech I was scary!
Good game! Though I agree that you seemed distracted. I don't recall ever seeing you make this many accidental illegal plays and typos in your other games; I hope things are going okay in real life!