Help vs Worker Hate

Sweet! I’m glad that helped. I’m interested to see how your opponent will adapt to your change in strategy.

3 Likes

Was there an answer to how Reaver responds when brought into play with Sanitorium?

1 Like

It will be forecast with 2 runes, and also have ephemeral and haste. When it arrives (once all runes have been removed) it has haste so it can use its ability that turn, and will die at the end of the turn.

2 Likes

Do you have an official source for that? Because sharpo a few posts up said “wow good question”

On Discord chat, Sharpo and Sirlin kinda said no. Because when forcasted unit get summoned they get direct into the future zone and beside stuff that explicitely affect forcasted units, nothing affect them.

Nope, but it didn’t seem controversial to me. Likewise I expect that a Forecasted unit that I play with Community service comes into play under my control. I don’t really see a difference between that and Sanatorium. But if sharpo wants to rule differently, I obviously have no objection. In any case, the probability of this ever happening in an actual game is very small…

ETA: In hindsight, I should perhaps have read the whole thread to see the context of the question. I was just trying to be helpful…

Hmmm, so Sanitorium might just be the best way to get use out of Reavers…

A good way to kill 4 workers in 1 turn

That seems needlessly complicated. For that combo you’ll need a tech lab and 4 gold to spend on something that doesn’t effect the board. IF the Sanatorium survives till next turn AND you happen to draw the Reavers, then you get to put 2 things into the future where they won’t help you for 2 turns. When they do come into play, they’ll only get to fire once before dying.

Now!, Seer/Time Spiral, and Reaver seems to be the simplest combo to me. Two Reavers is a dream, but honestly one is enough if it ever gets to fire twice.

1. Play Reaver
  2. Either on the same turn or the next, play something that removes a time rune. This step isn’t strictly necessary, it just makes it so the Reaver can attack the turn after it is played like a normal unit(assuming step three happens)
  3. Haste Reaver. This is the most important step and may require deck manipulation to achieve outside of luck(Garth, Gieger, Bigby, Vir abilities all come to mind).

I just need to think of a starting tech plan that involves teching Now! and Seers that doesn’t suck.

2 Likes

You’re already running future, time rune those knights into play

Explain why? Because Sanatorium still bring the Reaver in the future and it won’t have haste.

My understanding was that Sanitorium gave the Reavers permanent haste and ephemeral. So the turn they arrive they can activate but then will die at the end of turn.

Also, my understanding is that you don’t need a tech lab for Sanitorum to play Future units - it cheats them in. Am I right?

1 Like

On your first point, I believe you’re correct. On your second, you’re absolutely correct.

Quote from @Sirlin on Discord chat: “yeah if we follow the rule of completing things before going to the next thing, sanatorium would NOT give them effects. Because you do sentence 1, then at the end of sentence 1, they are in the future. They certainly aren’t in play because forcecast things don’t go to play, they go to the future. Then, you try to do sentence 2 and there are no units in play.”

1 Like

Units don’t need to be in play to gain haste or ephemeral though - there’s no reason why there couldn’t be a spell or hero ability which grants haste to a unit currently in the future. But like I said previously a) if a ruling is made, no-one will argue with it and b) the interaction is so unlikely to come up in an actual game that I really don’t think it’s worth the amount of effort which participants in this thread are devoting to it.

Hi guys,

My current model of the game is that you don’t have any persistent state about stuff that isn’t in play, except that stuff in the future has some time runes and stuff that might “return to play” has to remember who controlled it when it was last in play. So I would favor not granting abilities to Reavers in this situation.

3 Likes

That makes sense. The only other exception that I can think of is out-of-play heroes have to remember if they’ve died yet this game. I guess future stuff also has to remember who controls it too…

Whoops, missed that.

That strategy always feels too slow. Maybe…

T1: KoC, Seer
T2: Seer, Flexible slot to counter stuff
T3: Reaver, Now!(Having only one Now! kinda puts a damper on the strats reliability though)
T4 & T5: stuff to help win the game that preferably has synergy with seers.

I probably wouldn’t consider this strategy without a good starting hand for Plasmodium.

Seems worthwhile if you have a Fading Argonaut as you can still grab more cards with Temporal Research.