Gauging tournament interest

Maybe 1 hour a week for a little while? Basically players are matched up then you have a week to negotiate a day/time to play. It is the Steam/iOS version.

3 Likes

I’m kinda busy right now, but after IYL8 is over I think it’d be nice to learn more about Puzzle Strike!

I’ve played the physical & digital versions a bit, but I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

It can be helpful to think of Puzzle Strike as an extremely abstract interpretation of Brood War if you’ve played Brood War.

2 Likes

Cool, confirming that my girlfriend and I are in.

3 Likes

@zeromh as an aside, you and your GF need to use separate accounts for the tournament. Both on PS and on this forum.

Yeah I figured as much. For Steam do we need to own both sets of characters?

1 Like

You only need to own the characters you intend to play (so that you can play them)

3 Likes

Note that most of the best characters are in the base game, so it isn’t even really much of a competitive advantage.

Ah good, that makes life easier :+1:

2 Likes

I’m also interested in playing! (This is zeromh’s girlfriend)

5 Likes

Here’s the updated roster:

-Nopethebard (me)
-Castanietzsche
-Hobusu
-PumpedAaron
-KeithBurgun
-Carpeguitarrem
-qauz
-ohithere
-zeromh
-jch3xf

Let’s do this. @vengefulpickle you think we can close signups Feb 15 and send match notifications the 16?

1 Like

I’m out of town on the 15th and 16th, but will happily send out invites on the 17th. Are you still thinking diminishing swiss? If folks are mostly just interested in playing PS, we could also pretty easily do a round-robin or Swiss via challonge.

4 Likes

Would Swiss then a Grand Finals work?

Hnnng sign me up

4 Likes

Yeah, we can do a two stage, first w/ Swiss, and then maybe a 4-person knockout grand finals?

2 Likes

I like that. I’ll announce on Discord in a bit

2 Likes

Just an aside guys, im in the process of moving house right now. Im in the middle of unpacking, so I’ll be playing Puzzle Strike a lot. Please play with me ^ 0 ^

4 Likes

I’d like to play! I’ve only ever played the physical game with friends, but I’ve decided to pick up the digital version on a whim, so let’s do this.

If anyone is interested in playing some casual matches before the tournament so I can refresh myself on the game, let me know. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m going to make a thread for the tournament itself now. Those interested in signing who haven’t already done so, please sign up there

1 Like

Tournament thread:

2 Likes