Fractured Factions [Single Day Tourney]

GGs indeed! GL in the rest of the tournament!

2 Likes

Yeah, I find that WTB works best if you either use your time code (so that you know it’s right for you), or UTC (which is constant, and never has modifiers attached) if you want something that you can be sure about. Otherwise, daylight savings messes everyone up.

3 Likes

Insert your plug for the “vengefulpickle auto-import world time buddy link”!

Grand Finals:
Legion vs @MR75
I win 3-0
jaina>mene
Midori>mene
Grave>mene

All the fights were closer than any roport could ever describe, i was farced to walk on thin ice everytime, but managed to recover everytime thanks to both luck and guts.
GGs and really WP man.
Your fight against @BD_Corro was a masterpiece, you deserve the 1st place as much as me.

@Zqxx ty for the fast anc conquer style tourney, was relly fun and brought the yomi outta me :smiley:

7 Likes

Winning Faction: Dragon Tail Vale!

:grave: :jaina: :midori:

[details=A Symbol of Hope]After several rounds of intense battles, Master Midori and his two pupils, Grave and Jaina Stormborne, emerged as the champions of the tournament. After the final blow, all eyes were on the trio. What would they do? What would they say?

Looking around, Midori dusted off his shirt and simply said, “Good job, Jaina and Grave. Let’s return now to the Vale.” And with that, the three began to depart, leaving the rest of the participants in shock.

Enraged, Quince yelled out, “That’s it? You’re just leaving now? What was the point of this whole charade?”

They halted, pivoted, and glared directly at the Chancellor. “You’ve seen our power now,” Grave said. He rested his hand onto the hilt of his sword. “You do not want to make us come back.

Afterwards, rumor spread of the three pacifists with the power to demolish Flagstone, who were ready to return and protect the people if need be. Rumor grew to myth, and myth grew to legend. The three combatants became a true symbol of hope.[/details]

Congratulations to @Legion for coming in first place!

He will hereby be inducted into the Single Day Tourney Hall of Fame with the title Fantasy Strike Champion! Legion is the first player to be awarded more than one title in the Hall of Fame! Congratulations!

Thank you so much to everyone who came out to participate in this tournament! I hope you enjoyed the event, and I look forward to seeing all of you again for future events!

11 Likes

Love the tourney format, but believe me or not, i loved even more your yomi lore and your writing style.
If it was me, since you know my old bantering habits, I would have just added a not so mysterious Overlord in the shadows laughing because everything went according to his plans :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Legion is Shao Khan, confirmed.

2 Likes

First of all thank @Zqxx for hosting this tournament!
Then thanks @Legion for heavy defeating me!
I never played conquest format before: it was very hype and fun.

Only for statistic purposes, I report here my semifinal score

MR vs @BD_Corro

:menelker::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::troq:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::troq:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::troq:

3 Likes

Great storytelling!

however, I think that there will not be a Yomi update with story mode… alas!

Thanks!

2 Likes

just for the record, i just remembered, thanks to @variable that i seem to be prett good in conquest format, since i am also the Champion and Gold Medal of the Yomi Olympics Carnival, the first conquer style big tourney hosted by @CloudCuckooCountry

4 Likes

I forgot to mark my calendar for today… whoops apologies

Also! Forgot to post this, but here is the final results on Challonge:

http://challonge.com/vlnrlu5p

One thing to note, BD_Corro actually played as Flagstone rather than the Anarchists.

3 Likes