Codex Red Herring Strategies

Immediately draw the cards you teched this turn?

To be fair, it is completely true that I also teched in two Scribes. It’s not as though I was hurting for card draws.

1 Like

What’s the point of drawing your whole deck if you aren’t playing the Epic Sax music?

3 Likes

So you always have the cards you want. My friend tried that strat and it was great. Didn’t matter what I killed, he had it back in play the turn after.

Yeah, the reason it kind of ran out of steam for me is that everything I had would die while patrolling so I’d have a bunch of arrival fatigued units every turn but not make any progress toward winning instead of simply not losing

At some point there should be stuff sticking around, especially if you have Sergent out.

You’d be surprised just how quickly that falls apart when you’re playing against White with a Flagbearer out.

4 Likes

My first one!
Playing white, @the-cap playing red.
I play a sick strat with snapback against Max level Jaina and killing a weak Drak while Zane was already dead.
He’s got no heroes, and on his turn he plays one guy. I have 2 heroes and a couple of guys.
My next turn I think I need to disable his tech buildings but I don’t know which of the 3. I figure it’s most likely he has some tech 2s in hand, so I kill that and the one unit.

Big mistake. He had two pirate gunships.
I went from dominating to dead.

6 Likes

I guess if I have another,
It’s my black against his blue. I’m on demonology and he’s got truth.
I’m trying to set up Terras Q with Banefire, but I just can’t keep up with his board.
Before I can’t blow up all the warlocks, he just hits Terras Q with a bunch of Rocs. I did not expect that. He had 19 damage worth of damage and I couldn’t get anti air out in time.

4 Likes

One time I played Terras Q against mono green. I had the money to drop Terras Q and do a Discord in the same turn but my deck didn’t give me the Discord. I went for the Terras Q anyway. My opponent suicided his hero and then dropped a balance hero and midbanded it. I couldn’t kill the warlocks. I was sad.

@pengwndude I always lean towards killing the highest tech building for that reason. It’s indeed much more likely they have tech 2s in hand, but the tech 3s are so much more devastating if they do have it.

4 Likes

I learned my lesson

1 Like

If opponent has Drakk,
Dont patrol Orpal :’(

5 Likes

Can you explain why to a newbie like me?

1 Like

What is even worse, I had plague spitter patroller too (attacks in form of -1 runes, 3/3)

Drakk
Kidnapping
Plague spitter attacks Orpal. (4/3 due to drakk frenzy)
Orpal is dead and plague spitter is only 1/1 in my turn :’(

2 Likes

Because when the opponent has a guy that has the ability to buff all their units’ attacks in both linear (Frenzy, Bloodlust) and exponential (War Drums) ways, do nearly unforeseeable burst damage from hand with billions of ways to give haste (read: Charge, Bloodlust, Maxband), can use your own units against you (Kidnapping), in a spec where many of the units are more than happy to die in the glory of the fight…

You don’t block with the guy whose one main ability relies on the opponent’s units surviving. You don’t put anyone or anything you hold dear near the front line. You stuff it with as many chumps as possible and hope something survives the carnage when the dust settles.

6 Likes