[Codex Puzzle] The Most HPT (Hyperions Per Turn)

Are we in a 1-v-1 or can the solution be based on a 5 player free-for-all?

1 Like

If only out of pure curiosity please tell me how the 5 player free-for-all solution differs! :smile:

Well, if you ban anything that goes “infinite” then the solution differs (because you can Assimilate a different number of cards from other players).

1 Like

SUPER SECRET DOUBLE BONUS ROUND: Same question as last time (i.e. most amount of damage using only Hyperions to attack) but your opponent is a CUNNING FOE who refuses to play Hyperions against you! In other words, what’s the best you can do when you are hampered by having to PROVIDE YOUR OWN HYPERIONS?

3 Likes

I would never ban anything that goes infinite. :wink:

1 Like

I might be misunderstanding, but are the mirrors attacking? If so, how? They don’t have haste, correct?

They’re copying Hyperions, which do have Haste.

2 Likes

OMG, how foolish of me to overlook that! Thanks for the clarification!

2 Likes

How can there be two Archons in play when both Tech II and Tech lab are locked into other specs? Is there some combination of spells/abilities I missed? Also, why is Macciatus necessary?

On a previous turn the Tech Lab for Past was destroyed and replaced with a new tech lab.

Macciatus is needed because otherwise the Insurance Agent would kill the mirror copy when he targeted it.

4 Likes

I think I can still do infinite using my (kinda) own Hyperions:

I’m playing Law/Present/Past. My opponent is ?/?/Future. They have an Omegacron in their discard.
I have Tech 2&3 Past, and a Law Tech Lab
My hand contains Community Service, Seer, 2 Insurance Agents
I have a Remember (3 runes) and a Hyperion in play at the start of turn (I previously had a Present Tech Lab which I built over last turn)
I have 13 gold. (You only need 9, but 13 makes the loop easier to write)

Tech Ebbflow Archon
Remember fades (2 runes), bringing Ebbflow Archon into play
Summon Bigby [11g]
Play Community Service on Omegacron (6 runes) [6g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [5g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [4g]
– Start of Loop
Sacrifice Ebbflow Archon to Omegacron (5 runes) [20g]
Seer, removing a rune from Rememberer (1 runes), putting Ebbflow Archon into play from discard (8 runes) [19g]
Archon bounces both Agents and Seer (5 runes)
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [18g]
Insurance Agent, insuring Archon [17g]
Seer, adding rune to Omegacron (6 runes) [16g]
Archon bounces Seer (4 runes)
Seer, adding rune to Rememberer (2 runes) [15g]
Archon bounces Seer (3 runes)
Attack with Hyperion
Summon Geiger, and max him, flickering Hyperion [9g]
Archon bounces Geiger (2 runes)
– Go to start of loop

ETA: I just realised after posting this that it won’t work like this infintely, because the Insurance agents make you draw cards also, so eventually you’ll need to shuffle, and you’ll redraw the Archon you just sacced. In this case, you play it from hand instead of using Rememberer. It will only happen once, as you’re only allowed to reshuffle once each main phase. You still get infinite Hyperions though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Despite the errata, pretty sure you still can. However it still requires an infinite gold loop and there are extra steps added to the setup to get around the errata.

[details=Summary]You are are Law / Truth / Other. Opposing specs include Truth / Future / Blood. (Note: particular objectives – such as the Hyperion challenge require more than one opponent)

Over an arbitrarily large number of turns where both players always have at least one gold: You use Community Service to gain control of an opposing Bloodrage Ogre. Opposing Quince makes a Mirror Glaxx with Quince’s maxband ability. You attack with Bloodrage Ogre ( Ideally there were prior interactions between armor and +1/+1 runes to make both the Ogre and the thing it attacks both have 0 attack, but if not you just assume an arbitrary previous number of castings of Community Service ) and gain control of the opposing Mirror Glaxx, thereby taking opponent (at least one) below their mirror illusion token limit. Opponent makes another Mirror Glaxx , you attack again with Bloodrage Ogre…etc…and over enough turns you can have as many mirror Glaxxes as you want in play, since you never used your own Quince’s ability to make any of them, his “limit” doesn’t apply.
Then you need an infinite gold loop in order to use your own Quince’s midband an arbitrarily large number of times to get enough gold to use your own Quince’s midband an arbitrarily large number of times to make all the mirror Glaxxes into mirror <>

[/details]

3 Likes

That doesn’t work because the limit: 2 counts mirrors that you created, which have been stolen from you.

That’s not the answer I got earlier today in the rules thread.

And I’m pretty sure that if “limit: #” tracks prior creation regardless of control then Bird’s Nest and Harmony get all sorts of wacky in spec-mirror matches also involving any gain control effects.

There are 2 ways to gain control of another player’s token (Kidnapping and Mind Control), and it seems unlikely anyone would ever use them on Birds or Dancers…

Ogre recruiter.

2 Likes

Legion is not an authority, (technically neither am i) and Sirlin’s previous answer was different, so @sharpobject needs to give an answer if it isn’t in the rulings doc.

Hello, when I got pinged on this thread I had to delete my big saved response from earlier where I didn’t remember that Double Time trashes itself now. It would have been super embarrassing to post that!

Limit: 2 on Mirror Illusions counts units you control represented by the token card Mirror Illusion. When someone steals both of your Mirror Illusions, you have 0/2, so you can make 2 more.

My current impression of the full meaning of Limit: 2 on Mirror Illusion tokens is “If you would put a Mirror Illusion token into play while you control 2 or more units represented by Mirror Illusion tokens, instead don’t.” This is similar for all other instances of Limit: X in the game, except that other cards would require even more words to handle putting fewer than the specified number of tokens into play (for example: playing Bird’s Nest and creating only 1 Bird).

Separately you can’t use Quince’s midband to make a Mirror Illusion that is already copying Gilded Glaxx copy something else (it is a Mech Soldier Illusion). This isn’t actually a problem for the combo. Your enemy Truth player could instead play Macciatus to help his Mirror Illusions survive the recruitment process.

2 Likes

I haven’t checked it out, but if works out, it’s pretty awesome.

Actually, you can dodge the reshuffle problem since Hyperion also makes you draw, and that draw happens while Ebbflow is in play.