Codex Drafting rules

Sorry if something like this been suggested before. What about we draw, maybe, 10 heroes then two players can draft 3 heroes from it, alternating in picking 1 hero.

With this Drafting rule, Codex can be the best Magic “replacement”. Codex can do what Magic can do, and does it…well… better

Hey, go nuts playing the game however you want to play it. I mean, it’s designed to basically be pretty fair no matter which three specs each player picks, so unless the concern is both players wanting to play the same spec, this seems a little unnecessary to me, but if you enjoy it, go for it!

This is in reaction to a video on BGG on Codex review. That it is impossible to play draft with Codex. So, I came up with this. I

I don’t disagree that it’s a way to do drafting! Mostly, I just feel like drafting, as a mechanic, is a sort of half-measure designed to address the flaws in MtG’s current state, while Codex is kind of built from the ground up to not have those problems in the first place.

But like I said, if you enjoy playing it a certain way, don’t let any of us stop you! It’s not like you’re going to get dragged off to Codex Court to explain your actions (unless you refuse to hire a worker on one of your first three or four turns)

3 Likes

That’s not court, that’s the Looney bin.

No we wouldn’t want that. The only mental health facility in Codex is the Sanatorium, and that does a better job of letting crazy people out than keeping them in.

3 Likes

that’s not really a stretch from the truth, honestly. trust me, I work in one.

1 Like