News Shop
Events Chat

Codex balance changes

I remembered seeing a thing that the Battlecon pbf playerbase use a community agreed-upon set of balance changes to fix problem cards and make more characters viable. Is this something that Codex PBF players would be open to doing? I think this is a good idea, but I’m not the only player here, nor am I a community leader. Nonetheless I think it’s absolutely worth talking about.

I am… Astonished. Perhaps you should look around some threads from the last few months

2 Likes

I missed that initially as went a few months hiatus from Codex. Are these changes possibly becoming a normal part of Codex PBF, or is it just for the Experimental Tourney?

The end goal is certainly to find a set of community accepted changes that tightens the balance, but it’s going to take a while.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing the results. Looking through the current changelist draft, the only one I don’t like is Time Rune cards like Seer not affecting the opponent’s stuff. But maybe that’s just me being a cruel person who likes to break the opponent’s plays

Fixed.

And really, thats the problem, If I can play with time runes without worry, right up until I’m facing purple, its just weird. That said, I’m in favor of leaving the mirror match interaction in place. But I do see the logic in removing it. (I also enjoyed original MTG slivers, but that mirror was even more degenerate than anything time runes does)

2 Likes

I can see why people would want to change it, but I hope it gets to stay

I personally dont see why they are being changed, given it only matter in mirrors (and hence the balance is by definition 5-5), it isnt a snowballing effect, and it leads to the mirror being very different to other matchups (same as Stewardess + Mox interation). But I dont see it mattering much, so I dont see the harm

The mirror matches are 5-5 if you average over turn order. If you don’t, then I doubt it.

true, but I dont think being on the play/worker matter that much for the forecast cards (in the mirror at least), but I would imagine they favour P1. P2 Purple defo has an advantage anyway, so if anything it worsens the P1/P2 balance.