[CAWS21] Round4: P1 bansa [Blood/Fire]/Feral vs P2 zango [Balance]/Anarchy/Peace

I’m a pessimistic person but regardless I was in a bad position by T4. Yes, I can do another kidnapping but with the card already open, it wouldnt have been effective plus I cant tech up if I kidnap again so my only choice was to tech up but then Ive already used two of my tech choices on kidnapping so that was not good. Was behind in economy and didnt have a board control which is a big problem as P1. I was regreting my first tech choices. I think it shouldve been crash bomber or lobber. I couldnt drop Firebat because I was 1 gold short and was really frustrated. There goes my pessimistic feeling.

And I was right unfortunately, after you killed Drakk, it was pretty much over I thought. Was just trying to do some base damge to scare you. IMO, you didnt have to go Tech III, there was no reason to. You had answers in your deck which was another reason why I didnt think I had a chance. Taxmam for Firebird and Natural Claims for hotterfire. My only hope was that you go Tech III so I buy time.

Sorry if Im being a little harsh here but I think you are already at the level you can compete with with the elders here and you seem to be a person who wouldnt mind a small tip. This might be the first and last time I can surprise you but thats ok. The secret is you only need to be one step ahead to win which you were, if you stretch to take two steps ahead such as Tech III (this includes resources spent leading up to Tech III which can be spent to skip worker or something to blow the opponent), you become vurnerable to all in moves. Not saying Tech III is bad, it sometimes is necessary as a tie breaker but I dont think it was the case in this game. GG and welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You’re not harsh at all and any kind of tip is always appreciated! Thanks for your excellent analysis. That’s definitely right. If I had gone midbandori to kill cal instead of tech 3 I would have stood a chance, but only if I had prematurely teched nature reclaims, which I didn’t.
I was under the wrong impression that I needed a strong finisher while at the same time I was scared of kidnapping which led to me not wanting non-hasted units in my deck…

But thanks a lot for your kind words and that you actually took the time for helping me to better understand the game, it’s really appreciated! There’s still a lot out there for me to learn, but I definitely do plan to go down that road :wink:

3 Likes