CAWS 2016: robinz ([Blood]/Feral/Present) vs. Legion ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

Sorry, me again. I apologise for being picky, but I am currently thinking I’m not going to concede (yet, anyway :wink: ) because I can do some useful stuff - so I need to make sure your turn is right.

After T5, you should have 13 cards across your hand, deck, discard and play area (not counting heroes) - because you started with 10, have played 5 as workers, and have teched in 8. I count 4 in your patrol zone and 4 more in your play area (BS, nullcraft and 2 garrisons, note that you’ve listed Zane twice) - so you ought to gave 5 more cards to have in hand. Obviously I don’t know any details of what they are without cheating and looking at your hands and techs - but the numbers seem off to me.

do u remember that mox got trashed? :wink:

1 Like

oops, that makes it all right. Sorry.

dude, i would never cheat. I can forget to update some of my sheet, but not cheating :’(

1 Like

Oh, you misunderstood me. I would NEVER accuse anyone of cheating! I was just saying that I couldn’t check in any more detail without cheating myself (which of course I would also never do). It was my way of saying that you should check things out yourself - but it was OK because I forgot about Mox having been trashed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh crap, I somehow missed that you’d killed my Tiger. I might well be conceding - but I still need time to think it through. (Won’t be soon - I should get round to doing some actual work, and I’m out tonight.)

1 Like

Quote from my “thoughts” on the previous turn:

So I feel like I’m considerably ahead now, barring a bad draw, if he doesn’t have OS - and if he does I’m still reasonably happy. Which is strange playing a strong player like Legion who’s also very familiar with PPA - so I’m sure I’m about to get a rude awakening!

And boy did I get one! :confused: This is my official concession - @EricF

I have both Tricycloid and Ferocity (again) in my hand, so I have quite a few options - but none of them work. I need to kill DS or I just lose next turn, and I need to break your Tech 2 so you don’t just tech a second one (if you haven’t already) and draw it. I can actually do both of these things - although without my tiger I can only kill the sarge by suiciding Calamandra. I was actually going to go ahead with such a turn, relying on my Swift Strike to make my patrol zone impregnable. But you can just tech an Undo and draw it through your Garrisons (you only need 1 unit in your hand!), and even if I stick Geiger in patrol, you have more than enough to kill him and break my tech 2. And I don’t see how I prevent you doing that every turn - much of my deck is tech 2s, and even if I get my Kidnapping it won’t help much given that you will just start playing Sergeants again.

GGWP - although I’m sure you just followed the PPA script. I knew roughly what the script was - but I thought you’d spend another turn or so just playing cheap Tech 1s before you go the sergeant into play and trashed Mox. I don’t know why I thought this - and why I didn’t expect a second garrison - because these plays seem obvious in hindsight. But this has been an education, at least.

In hindsight I should have broken your Tech 2 last turn. But I never really considered it - I’d sooner have broken the garrison, although that wouldn’t have mattered because you’d have just dropped your second one and had nearly as good a turn. And the reason I didn’t end up breaking any buildings was that I’d either have to end up with no patrol zone (no good because you’d just break my tech 2 again), or skip a worker. But in hindsight skipping the worker and breaking tech 2 was the right play.

Thanks again for the game. I apologise for the long concession speech - I’m just trying to learn things, and checked that what I think I’ve learned is correct :slight_smile: Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Note to @shax - you now need to give me a win in our game, or I’m out of this competition :wink: Don’t get me wrong, I never expected to win it - but just a single win would be nice, because playing tournament games is fun! (Only joking, I know you want to win for the exact same reasons as me - may the best player win, although that’s almost certainly not me…)

1 Like

mind telling me what u would have done? ty

I’m not sure I understand the question? You mean if I’d played my T6?

I was looking out Tricycloid, then Ferocity. 2 Tricycloid shots to break tech 2, then 1 on sarge. Ogre to kill SQL cadet (staying alive due to SS), then trade Cal for DS. If I patrol Tricycloid in elite you’d have nothing that could attack it and stay alive to do any damage. But it doesn’t work because you can just tech Undo and draw it by playing units - I see you had neoplexus and fargo in your next hand, which is no surprise. Then Prynn+Undo removes Tricycloid, and you can kill whichever hero I also patrol with and then break Tech 2.

If you mean what I would have done in your position - I’ve no idea, I’ve never played PPA, or anything with Past or Peace for that matter! But what you did was way more effective than anything else I would have come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

ferocity works only on units!

I know - if Cal had Swift Strike too that would have been better :wink:

So Cal would have died too (“trade” means the attacker dies too, usually). That’s another reason it doesn’t work - I was desparately looking for any way to stop you just loading a load of runes onto your units next turn.

was useless, oni and bc on ur trici getting him outta the way, then crash both ur techs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or undo as was explained, but yea, doesn’t accomplish much, hence the surrender :wink:

1 Like

BC is much cheaper and accomplishes the same :stuck_out_tongue:

@robinz it came out rude, but i only meant that Boot camp is an even better answer than OS (sorry if i sounded like a rude prick :cry: ). Like i said in the metadecks thread, BC for 1 gold makes me draw+sideline the patroller allowing me for an all out attack. Remember if u ever use PPA or peace that BC is really great for clearing patrol (is practically a appel stomp without being ult) or to pump units like BRO or heroes that attack after they attacked :wink:

1 Like

np, it didn’t come across as rude to me.

2 Likes

@Legion:

I was just reading back over our game again, in the hope of learning something. And I just got to your Turn 3 (quoted above) - and noticed that you appear to have only paid 2 for your Tech 2, instead of 4. Since you only floated 1, this presents us with a problem - especially since no-one noticed the mistake, and I have since conceded the game and looked over your hidden posts once before since then.

I really don’t know what to do - I certainly don’t feel that I deserve to overturn the result based on this. But I can’t not point it out either. Nor is it reasonable to rewind the game to this point when I now know what you’d teched previously. @EricF - what should we do here? :frowning:

honestly, i must have been drunk to do such a dumb stuff D:
i can’t believe my eyes :’(
We could re play the game from the beginning, if ur okay with that and same for ericf.

1 Like

I’m happy to replay from the beginning, if Eric approves :slight_smile:

1 Like

let’s wait for his response, then :wink: