CAWS 2016: petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. Castanietzsche ([Bashing]/Balance/Growth)

[details=Question for Castanietzsche. Not important and no rush][spoiler]
I’m curious why you didn’t go down a card on your last turn to Dinosize Mimic as well as Arg.
(Hell, I would have gone down 2 and taken Rook out with the Dino Messenger, and swung at Tech with the Mimic. Because I’m crazy and don’t think long-term.)

The card advantage is nice, but Rook’s scary to keep around, with his possible Earthy-Quakes and walkin’ past your dudes.

This is not a judgment! I would have gotten myself into worse trouble way earlier. I’m just trying to learn how you weigh your risk/benefit.
[/spoiler][/details]

[details=to Armed_PIrate]I won’t have been able to wipe Rook and the Tech Building :confused:
But yeah Pirate Gunship is really OP, I don’t how I could win now[/details]

AP

was useless. He couldn’t destroy tech 3, dealing with rook is secondary cnsidering that PGs are incoming. A single PG usually means checkmate. he would have needed a +1 something to dinosizex2 for rook and then attack tIII, or a flyier that gave mimic fly. sadly he had none.

I’ll just concede there, GG !

I was silly not to have teched Moment’s Peace against Anarchy spec ! I had two Potent Basilisks, thinking you would go Strength or Growth :sweat_smile:
Hopefully my Mimic did very well this game thanks to Timely Messenger in hand the same turn !

But yeah even with a lucky 2 Tiny Basilisks draw against Rook, your Turn 6 was very good and completely outspeeded me :open_mouth:

thanks for the game mate :grin:

@EricF

1 Like

GG, thanks ! Felt very close throughout.

Moment’s Peace could certainly have made the difference. I was worried you were going into this last cycle with 2 of them as well as 2 T Rexes. Could see myself playing Gunships but not being able to attack with them due to MP, than having them removed the following turn by T Rex’s arrival. Or that you may have a Fairie Dragon to float your Mimic and break my Tech III a second time.

2 Likes