CAWS 2016: ARMed-Pirate ([Blood]/Demon/Strength) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

question: how can mox kill vandy? even with BS on is 4/3, vandy is 4/5. what am i missing?

Mox got Vandy-doomed. So it has +2/+2 until my turn. It has a +1/+1 rune from early in the game. So Thatā€™s 4/4. With Battle Suits, itā€™s 5/4.

After killing Vandy, it ā€œdiesā€ and becomes 5/4 again. On my turn itā€™ll go back to being 3/2. If I have that right.

1 Like

No I have no other changes. Mox got a second +1/+1 rune on my previous turn, so once the Vandy buff wears off it will be a 4/3.

1 Like

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]
Well, this is it. Gargoyle is exhausted. Otherwise popping his Nullcraft with Bombaster could do it.
No way to haste the birds. I wish I had done Technician instead of scavenger!

With all that board and Tech II Anarchy, he could very well have this. If he has Lizzo or Monkey, or even a buff of some sort, he has more than enough damage to kill me. If I pop the Bombaster and take out the Nullcraft, Iā€™ll only have 1 patroller (Musketeer) plus Rook (and birds) to stop his onslaught. If he can bounce Rook with Prynn, itā€™s over.

So Iā€™ll stick with Drakk + Musketeer and pray he doesnā€™t have Origin Story in hand. If he does, I get him to 1 and then die. Still a fitting way to go out.

If he has Origin Story, itā€™s over. If he doesnā€™t, and doesnā€™t kill Drakk, I can charge a CB for the final point, unless my Tech 1 is broken. I can Glider and Gargoyle unless my Tech II is broken. If he has a Elite Training and AoW, he can break both my techs with unstoppable/stealthy stuff. Too bad no Bloodlust. The extra damage on Drakk might be crucial. But I donā€™t think he has anything available to him that Drakk can run into without taking less than 4.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T8

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Dark Pact
Captured Bugblatter

STARTING HAND
Bombaster
Careless Musketeer
Captured Bugblatter
War Drums
Birdā€™s Nest

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Pillage
Makeshift Rambaster
Scorch
Soul Stone
War Drums

NextHand

Shoddy Glider
Mad Man
Charge
Crash Bomber
Crash Bomber

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Gargoyle becomes indestructible.
Gargoyle loses its bonus, dying, exhausting, healing, dies again from doom, still exhausted, healing again
Scavenger bonus - ($10)
Rebuild Tech II
Worker - ($9)
Summon and max Drakk - ($2)
Recruit Careless Musketeer with haste - ($0)
Musketeer exhausts to deal 1 damage to your base (to 1) and 1 to mine (to 15)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Drakk Ramhorn, Lv 6 (3/4, Resist 1 from Lookout) ā€œCome at me, bro!ā€
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Gargoyle (0/2, Indestructible, tired of dying)
  • Careless Musketeer (2/1, wishes his gun were bigger)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 15
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Blood)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 11
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10
2 Likes

So close, and yet, so far. If I had my Boot Camp in hand, I would win with 16 points of attack power to your base, but alas, my draws continue to be uncooperative.

Good game!

3 Likes

:clap: :clap:

That was another thrilling game to watch - many thanks to both. But especially to @ARMed_PIrate both for the extremely detailed thoughts set out, and also for showing that EricF can be beated, even playing the feared PPA!

And @EricF - Iā€™d love to know the thought processes behind the Tech 2 Anarchy build. Presumably it was to psyche him out, and he clearly was worried about it on his last move - but in the end you didnā€™t even need Tech 2 to do the lethal damage if your final draw had been more friendly! So what precisely were you trying to bluff him into doing - and did he oblige?

Thanks again both - this was magificent to watch unfold.

:clap: :clap:

I wanted a Tech II building so I could summon a second Hero, and it didnā€™t matter which one I picked since I had no Tech II cards left in my deck to draw.

I went with Anarchy because if I somehow survived for another turn and would have ended up reshuffling, the Haste/Stealth Anarchy stuff would be the most useful. Also, the threat of Haste/Stealth Anarchy stuff might have induced a Tower?

2 Likes

Whew!

I was most afraid that you had an Origin Story floating around in your deck. I havenā€™t quite gotten to the point where I can track what you have based on what youā€™ve played.
I almost wanted to see it, actually. It would have been the most epic comeback, and I loved the idea of your whole army swarming over my base while my avatar, Careless Musketeer, the ARMed_PIrate himself, sat back staring into his gun.

Iā€™m going to read through your thoughts, but for the time being, were there any particular plays I made that you thought were inspired, or others that were really questionable? How lucky was I?

2 Likes

Wow. I hadnā€™t even realized Boot Camp could be used to sideline enemy heroes! For 1 and replaces itself? Super-good card!

1 Like

i wrote that in the meta decks analysis! and u even liked said post!

2 Likes

Hah! You did, indeed! Somehow I missed that when skimming through!