Casual: Hobusu vs robinz

Good luck, @robinz! I’d advise looking through the Red starting deck before taking your turn to see what the most damage I can do next turn is if I have the exact right cards in hand next turn combined with what I played this turn (keep in mind that if I hire a worker and build Tech I, that leaves me 3 gold to work with).

Player 1 Turn 1

Starting Hand and Workers

STARTING HAND

Makeshift Rambaster
Pillage
Bombaster
Bloodburn
Nautical Dog

WORKERS

Bloodburn

Next Hand

Mad Man
Scorch
Charge
Careless Musketeer
Bloodrage Ogre

Discard

Bombaster
Makeshift Rambaster
Pillage

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Recruit the Nautical Dog! - ($2)
Summon Drakk - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:
  • Drakk Ramhorn Lv. 1 (1/3)
  • Nautical Dog (1/1) [Frenzy 1]
    Buildings:
  • :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    Gold:
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5

Right, have had a few problems with the spreadsheet necessating me completely restarting (including getting a new opening hand) a couple of times. But I think I’ve got the hang of it now. Whether I’ve made the right plays is of course a completely different question( I’ve literally had at least 3 different attempts at what to do this turn - somehow the pressure feels greater when you know you have ages to think) :wink:

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Merfolk Prospector
Playful Panda
Forest’s Favor
Spore Shambler
Tiger Cub

WORKERS
Tiger Cub

NextHand

Rich Earth
Rampant Growth
Young Treant
Ironbark Treant
Verdant Tree

Discard

Forest’s Favor
Merfolk Prospector
Spore Shambler

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Playful Panda, who arrives exahusted but comes with a Wisp - ($2)
summon Calamandra - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Wisp 0/1 [+1 armor for Sq. L.]
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: lv. 1 Calamandra 2/3
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Playful Panda 2/2
    [B]Buildings:[/B]

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

[B]Gold:[/B]
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

Well this is actually a pretty interesting opening hand with nothing obvious to do. Even what to worker wasn’t clear because none of these cards are obviously bad. I considered workering Forest’s Favour instead but decided that could be useful, while once I’d decided to play the Panda I probably didn’t need another 2-cost 2/2.

As for what to actually play - I think I need 2 bodies out, and don’t want to go down on cards, so that means playing a hero, of which Calamandra is the obvious choice. Can I keep her alive so as to not give him free levels? The way I’ve played, this is not guaranteed, but it would need him to have both Mad Man and Makeshift Rambaster in hand, and play them both. I think I’ll take that chance, which would put him down on cards and leave him with only Nautical Dog and a 1/1 level 3 Drakk on the board. Assuming he builds Tech 1, he’d have no gold left to midband and heal Drakk. Meanwhile I’d have an advantage in gold and cards, as well as having a Panda already in play to swing or block with.

The alternative was to play Tiger Cub to Squad leader. That would defend Calamandra a bit more securely, but I think I favour definitely keeping a 2/2 alive for next turn. If I made the wrong decision - oh well, it’s a learning game!

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can click on where it says either “All changes saved in Drive” or when the last save was to see a list of all the changes you’ve made, and from there you can roll it back to a previous state.

I know that feeling all too well… Though once you get good enough, it gives you time to do some tricky plays that would be much harder under time pressure!

Player 1 Turn 2

Tech, Starting Hand and Workers

TECH

Lobber
Lobber

STARTING HAND

Scorch
Charge
Mad Man
Bloodrage Ogre
Careless Musketeer

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Scorch

Next Hand

Pillage
Careless Musketeer
Mad Man
Charge
Bombaster

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Build Tech I - ($3)
Recruit Bloodrage Ogre - ($1)
Nautical Dog kills Wisp and takes 0 damage
Patrol as shown below

Float ($1)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Bloodrage Ogre (3/2+a)
  • :psfist: Elite: Drakk Ramhorn Lv. 1 (1+1/3)
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:
    In Play:
  • Nautical Dog (1/1) [Frenzy 1]
    Buildings:
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0
    Gold:
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 6

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]It’s good that he didn’t patrol Calamandra in Squad Leader, since I could have immediately killed her. I’m not sure how well I could have defended myself afterwards, though… Rampant Growth could have let him get a revenge kill with the Wisp. Regardless, the Wisp didn’t end up contributing all that much beyond preventing Calamandra from dying – it definitely didn’t kill Nautical Dog, so I’ve got quite a bit of pressure on the board now. Somewhat worried about Calamandra’s stealth, but if he spends 2 cards on that he’ll probably be down on cards for quite a while.

Teched both Lobbers to keep up the pressure, especially if I can boost them with Drakk’s midband. Probably going to transition into Fire Tech II, but there’s multiple viable strategies at this point.[/spoiler][/details]

1 Like

Thanks for the advice on taking stuff back - I did plenty of ctrl-Z but that didn’t take things back past the point where I hit draw/discard.

When I’m teching cards at the start of my turn, do I have to manually add them to the discard pile, or do they automatically get put there when I draw and discard?

As long as you put them in the Tech section, they’ll be moved to the discard pile automatically next time you draw.

1 Like

P2T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Tiny Basilisk
Centaur

STARTING HAND
Verdant Tree
Young Treant
Rich Earth
Rampant Growth
Ironbark Treant
Forest’s Favor [YT draw]

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth

NextHand

Rampant Growth
Merfolk Prospector
Tiny Basilisk
Spore Shambler
Centaur

Discard

Verdant Tree
Forest’s Favor
Ironbark Treant

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Build Tech 1 - ($4)
Calamandra casts Rampant Growth on herself, making her a 4/3 with 2 armor for this turn

• ($2)
    Rampant Calamandra kills Bloodrage Ogre, taking 1 damage through the armor
    Play Young Treant, reshuffle and draw a card - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Playful Panda [2/2+1A]
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Young Treant [0+1/2]
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • lv. 1 Calamandra 2/2 (1 damage)

• Workers: 7
Thoughts

I’d put another huge wall of text here, but I need to cut these down if I want Hobusu (or any other good players) to actually read my thoughts and give me advice afterwards! (Yes, believe it or not the below is the condensed version!)

Worker was obvious, there’s no way I can afford to spend 3 gold to do nothing to the board.

His board is already quite scary, so much so that I considered playing Ironbark. But that’s way too passive. I had to kill the Ogre given the chance, and was lucky to be able to both do that AND get a second blocker without going down on cards.

For Tech choices I chose 2 solid and good Tech 1 units (one of the perks of Green is that there are lots of these) - I’m pretty sure he can’t break it this turn. (OK, if he draws Lobber+Mad Man+Rambaster he can, but then what can I do, and at least that’s a lot of cards and gold he’s spending) I considered an Owl instead of the Centaur, but that doesn’t really give me any offence OR defence, so that’s no good. And Centaur defends more reliably than a second Basilisk.

I’ll definitely tech Behind the Ferns next turn if Cala is still alive, and perhaps even if she dies - to threaten to take out Tech building and heroes. I need to level her up too. I’ll probably delay Tech 2 for a turn or so, but when I do it’s likely to be Balance. A Tower is also a priority, but it’s tough to spend 3 early in the game without directly affecting the board.

Player 1 Turn 3

TECH

War Drums
Firebat

STARTING HAND

Bombaster
Mad Man
Pillage
Charge
Careless Musketeer

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Scorch
Careless Musketeer

Next Hand

Firebat
Lobber
Makeshift Rambaster
Lobber
Bombaster

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Level Drakk to Lv. 4, giving my units Frenzy 1 - ($3)
Recruit Mad Man - ($2)
Nautical Dog trades with Playful Panda
Drakk kills Young Treant and takes 1 damage
Mad Man trades with Calamandra, Drakk gains 2 free levels and heals

Float ($2)
Discard 3, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • Drakk Ramhorn Lv. 6 (3/4)

• Deck: 6
  • Gold: 2
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

Turns out that +1 ATK to all of my units was just enough to wipe his board. Now that Drakk is max level, I’m going to try setting up some War Drums. Since they give a boost based on the number of units I have, I’m definitely not going Blood Tech II this game. At this point I’m leaning toward Anarchy (so I can use Stealth to hammer his base quickly), but I’ll decide after seeing what he does.

1 Like

Ouch! I forgot about Drakk’s midband (had considered just about everything you could have in hand, but didn’t even consider you could just pay to level him up either!).

I may or may not get a turn posted in the next hour (there’s actually not so much to think about now…) - but whether I do or not, I may not be able to do another move for the next few days as I’m out for the next couple of evenings. I’ll try to make at least one move a day but I can’t promise anything.

1 Like

That’s totally fine! With how long I kept some people waiting during RACE, I have no right to complain if someone needs time between turns.

Yeah, I kind of figured you forgot about it. His mid-band is why I consider Drakk to be Red’s best early game hero. I’d have to look at your hand to see if you had a better play, though. Chalk that up as one lesson you’ve learned the hard way: “Thou shalt pay attention to heroes and what they can do if they level up.”

1 Like

Here goes. Expecting to have my board wiped again…

(Note: I have included my Tech 1 this time, I forgot to do so last turn.)

P2T3

TECH
Behind the Ferns
Tiny Basilisk

STARTING HAND
Centaur
Rampant Growth
Tiny Basilisk
Spore Shambler
Merfolk Prospector

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth
Merfolk Prospector

NextHand

Young Treant
Forest’s Favor
Behind the Ferns
Verdant Tree

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Centaur - ($3)
Tiny Basilisk - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Centaur [3/4+1A]
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Tiny Basilisk [1/2, Deathtouch]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 5
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

Yeah, that was stupid of me to miss. Although I didn’t really see a better play, other than sticking Ironbark Treant in squad leader, and having Ogre able to swing at me as well. Probably wouldn’t have been as bad an outcome, but may have only delayed the inevitable.

What now? Well, I’d love to build Tech 2, and I’d love a Tower. But all of those would leave me with only one unit on the board, which he’d have no difficulty at all killing. I know I’m not the first to say this, but having no haste is really hard! If you keep getting your board wiped you can’t do anything meaningful. The first priority has to be to get bodies down. (Now I say that, I suppose I could have summoned Arg and leveled him to max, to get 3 bodies, 2 of them with respectable health. Hard for me to say if that would have been better, although it might have been.)

At least he only has Drakk, albeit a 4/3 Drakk who gives him frenzy and even more haste. My biggest worry is if he has Kidnapping, which kills both my guys no matter where I patrol them. But even without it, he can probably kill them both, and choose someone weeny to trade with the basilisk. At least it should take him 2 guys to take out the Centaur. But this game is probably going to be lost rather quickly :frowning:

As for techs, I went with BtF as planned - because I can resummon Calamandra next turn. I may well have no-one alive to use it on though, so I teched another Basilisk to give me more units to play with. Would love to build Tech 2 next turn (although it’s not impossible he could break my Tech 1) - because if he gets to Tech 2 before me it’s definitely over. If I get to do so, I’ll definitely go Tech 2 Balance with at least one Faerie Dragon, because apart from Taxman red doesn’t have a lot of early defence against fliers, plus it can double as a way to kill his stuff.

Player 1 Turn 4

TECH

Bloodlust
Bamstamper Lizzo

STARTING HAND

Lobber
Makeshift Rambaster
Lobber
Bombaster
Firebat

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Scorch
Careless Musketeer
Bombaster

Next Hand

Bloodrage Ogre
Charge
Pillage

Discard

Lobber
Lobber
Makeshift Rambaster
Bloodlust
Bamstamper Lizzo

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Recruit Lobber #1 and Lobber #2 - ($6)
Both Lobbers suicide into Centaur, killing it
Recruit Firebat - ($4)
Build Fire Tech II
Patrol as shown below

Discard 1, draw 3

• :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Firebat (3/3)
  • Drakk Ramhorn Lv. 6 (3/4)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Fire)

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 3
  • Disc: 5
Thoughts

He had to go and play both Centaur and Tiny Basilisk, didn’t he? In order to protect the president Drakk, I had to kill Centaur and prevent Tiny Basilisk from slipping past my patrol. I could have just killed them both, but going so far down on cards already hurts… So I put him in a position where he’ll probably feel forced to attack (since I’ll be able to kill the basilisk without losing my Firebat if it survives).

1 Like

Managed to get a turn in - although I’ve been fiddling with it for a couple of hours instead of doing my real job :confused: The bit up to killing Drakk was always mandatory, the rest I am less sure of…

(Also a few spreadsheet problems - when I generated my post it seemed to come out wrong, only listing 1 of my Techs and messing up the contents of my discard pile and workers. The spreadsheet was always correct, it was the post that was messed up - I’ve fixed it manually.)

P2T4

TECH
Fairie Dragon
Feral Strike

STARTING HAND
Verdant Tree
Behind the Ferns
Forest’s Favor
Young Treant
Tiny Basilisk [YT draw]

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth
Merfolk Prospector
Verdant Tree

NextHand

Rampant Growth
Ironbark Treant
Spore Shambler

Discard

Centaur
Tiny Basilisk
Fairie Dragon
Forest’s Favor
Feral Strike

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
summon Calamandra - ($6)
Calamandra casts Behind the Ferns, giving Stealth to all my units with 3 attack or less - ($4)
Tiny Basilisk, now stealthy, sneaks in behind the patrol zone to trade with Drakk. My base takes 1 damage, Calamandra to Level 3. All my units now have resist 1.
play Young Treant, drawing a card - ($2)
play Tiny Basilisk no. 2 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Tiny Basilisk [1/2+1A, deathtouch, unattackable by Tech 0, resist 1]
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Young Treant [0/2, resist 1]
  • lv 3 Calamandra [3/4]
  • Behind the Ferns (channelled by Calamandra)
  • :heart: Base HP: 19

• Deck: 1
  • Disc: 5
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

His last turn didn’t actually go as badly for me as I’d feared. I think my turn is pretty successful - although I don’t like to go down on cards. I was originally planning to build Tech 2 this turn, but when I realised that I couldn’t possibly draw any Tech 2 cards, I decided to do more on the board. I was going to end my turn after playing Young Treant, possibly maxing Calamandra with the last 2 gold, but then I drew my second Tiny B. I don’t like to go so far down on cards like this, but he’s done it too.

I’m relieved he went for Fire - it’s dangerous of course, but there’s nothing hasty there (although Bamstamper Lizzo has an immediate effect). I was far more worried about Blood, with its hasty Crashbarrows and Gliders. I think my biggest disadvantage here is just that he got to Tech 2 first, although I don’t know if he holds any tech 2 stuff in his 3-card hand, or even in the rest of his deck. He can certainly clear my patrol zone, with Zane+Firebat, but he loses the Firebat, and he should only have Tech 0 stuff left to ping a couple off my tech 1 or Calamandra. I’m still up against it, but feel I have half a chance now. (Sudden thought: Surprise Attack would be pretty ruinous. Let’s hope he hasn’t teched that or doesn’t have it in hand!)

Was going to tech Moment’s Peace along with Fairie Dragon, but since I’m maxing Calamandra next turn along with building Tech 2 Balance, I might as well have her ultimate in the deck, because it’s great for getting big bodies on the board. I’m slightly annoyed that I’ve no units costing less than 3 in my new hand (so I can’t tech 2+max Calamandra+worker+play a unit with my 9 gold) - but if he clears my patrol zone, as likely, I get to draw the Panda (which unfortunately can’t patrol that turn). I will also have the option of pulling a Tiger out of the Codex (Stalking Tiger, almost certainly), and if he does play Zane I might even be able to kill him, depending on what else he can play to patrol with. He’s only got a 3-card hand as well!

So it could be exciting times ahead. Of course, I’ve probably overlooked something which will let him kill Calamandra…

Ugh, should’ve killed Calamandra Tiny Basilisk last turn. I didn’t think about Behind the Ferns, so I thought I could force you to give me a card back.

Player 1 Turn 5

TECH

Bamstamper Lizzo
Molting Firebird

STARTING HAND

Bloodrage Ogre
Charge
Pillage

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Scorch
Careless Musketeer
Bombaster

Next Hand

War Drums
Nautical Dog
Mad Man

Discard

Lobber
Lobber
Makeshift Rambaster
Bloodlust
Bamstamper Lizzo
Bloodrage Ogre
Charge
Pillage
Bamstamper Lizzo
Molting Firebird

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Firebat exhausts and kills Young Treant, you draw a card - ($7)
Summon Zane - ($5)
Recruit Bloodrage Ogre - ($3)
Zane casts Charge on Bloodrage Ogre, giving it +1 ATK and Haste. - ($1)
Bloodrage Ogre doesn’t see Tiny Basilisk, so it trades with Calamandra instead. Behind the Ferns gets discarded and Zane gains 2 free levels
Level Zane to Lv. 4 - ($0)
Zane trades with Tiny Basilisk

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

• Firebat (3/3)

• Disc: 10
Thoughts

I’ve been playing too greedy… Hopefully I can still salvage this. If I can ever get my Tech II units out, then it might be OK.

Um, you did kill Calamandra last turn - that is, your turn 3. Due to dying then, she wasn’t on the board when you took turn 4.

But I really didn’t think you could kill her again this turn - unless you had Surprise Attack, anyway. Once again I missed your very precise sequence of plays that could do that. (Even if I’d seen it, I’d probably have thought of Charge+Ogre in the same 3-card hand as “too unlikely to bother with”.)

That’s certainly made me rethink next turn, because most of what I’d planned revolved arond Calamandra still being there. Don’t expect me to post anything soon :wink:

Whoops! I meant Tiny Basilisk. Doing 3 games at once is making me confused, apparently… At least I’m making things as awkward for you as you’ve made them for me. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I’m back sooner than expected. Turns out that there are far fewer options to confuse you when you start with an empty board :smiley: :frowning:

Also, it’s not exactly a serious game. I’ll learn faster by taking turns quicker, and I’m kind of impatient to see where this game goes.

P2T5

TECH
Wandering Mimic
Spirit of the Panda

STARTING HAND
Ironbark Treant
Rampant Growth
Spore Shambler
Playful Panda

WORKERS
Tiger Cub
Rich Earth
Merfolk Prospector
Verdant Tree
Ironbark Treant

NextHand

Feral Strike
Wandering Mimic
Young Treant
Centaur
Spirit of the Panda

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Build Tech 2 Balance - ($4)
summon Argagarg+Wisp - ($2)
Arg to level 3 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: lv. 3 Arg (1/4+1A)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Wisp (0/1)

• :heart: Base HP: 19
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Balance)

• Deck: 8
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

Not much to say here. Tech 2 needs to be built since I’m about to reshuffle. I want to recover my handsize, and it’s not as if I can play much from my hand. Just getting a midband Arg out to slow him up, along with the trusty Wisp, which will probably get me a 6th card. (I don’t much like my first 5, as unless he plays a Firebird or something else with a good ability - something hasty which survives would be lovely :wink: - Mimic will just be a 4/4 body.) I only teched the Mimic this turn, hoping I’d draw the Dragon first, but oh well. I also teched Spirit of the Panda because it’s a really good spell, will help my guys survive while getting me money, and it’s good to have spells in the deck for more than one hero to give you more options. I wish I was teching at least a few cheaper options, but Dothram Horselord is a suicidal play when he clears my board most of the time, and Chameleon is too small to be likely to survive for a turn to attack. I’ve also got plenty of Tech 1s in the deck, so won’t be completely destroyed if he manages to break a tech building.

So I’m just blocking my way to my tech buildings hopefully surviving the turn, and hope to play some bodies next. (Can do Centaur+Mimic+hero, if nothing else.) I’ll likely go to Tech 3 this shuffle, but there’s no need for it right now.

Yeah, keeping our boards clear does speed things up, doesn’t it? :wink:

As I said before, I’m learning new things every time I play this matchup. This time I’ve learned that Behind the Ferns can be brutal as long as you have a Tiny Basilisk or two around… And that I should never get greedy.

Player 1 Turn 6

TECH

Chaos Mirror
Doubleshot Archer

STARTING HAND

Mad Man
War Drums
Nautical Dog

WORKERS

Bloodburn
Scorch
Careless Musketeer
Bombaster
Nautical Dog

Next Hand

Mad Man
Lobber
Molting Firebird

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Summon Drakk and level him to Lv. 4 - ($2)
Recruit Mad Man - ($1)
Firebat removes Arg’s armor and does 3 damage, taking 1 damage in return
Mad Man trades with Arg, Drakk gains 2 free levels (again)
Patrol as shown below

Float ($1)
Discard 1, reshuffle, draw 3

• :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Drakk Ramhorn Lv. 6 (3/4)
  • Firebat (3/2) [Frenzy 1]

• Deck: 11
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

I don’t like being so far behind, but I can’t let him keep Arg alive! I did get a Tech II in hand, but we’ll see how useful it is. I don’t see any way he can kill Drakk this turn (it would take midband Midori + Rampant Growth and Forest’s Favor to make the wisp a 4/3+2a, and that would take all 10 of his gold and a lucky hand). With that in mind, I should be guaranteed to have Hasty Frenzied Firebird next turn to do what I want with.

1 Like

It’s too late to fix now, but I think I’ve just noticed a problem with your Turn 5. At that point Calamandra was midband, giving all my units resist 1, so it should have cost you 2 to remove Young Treant with Firebat. (I don’t know how we BOTH missed this, as I had even put the “resist 1” in the patrol zone diagram.) You only paid 1, and didn’t float any gold at end of turn…

I now wish I hadn’t done my previous turn so fast, or I might have spotted that!

I’m cool with accepting the error and just continuing the game, but if you’d rather wind back to the start of your turn 5 then that’s OK too. Let me know what you think. (And I’m going to go out for the next few hours in a minute.)

Well, if I roll it back you’ll almost certainly win, and if we keep playing then if I win it won’t count… Since this isn’t a tournament game, I’d honestly prefer to just start a new game at this point. That said, I have thought of a different way to take that turn if you want to keep this game going, though I can’t say I’m happy with it (I’ve been playing sloppy this whole game except the very start).

I get that “it won’t count” if we continue. A new game is fine with me, as is you redoing your turn 5, But if you’re not happy with the latter, then a new game it is. If we do, I wouldn’t mind you taking a look at my hands and thoughts (I was quite copious with the latter, probably too much so) and commenting on them. Because honestly, at turn 3, I was convinced I had lost - and was surprised you couldn’t/didn’t kill everything on your turn 4. That’s what let me back in with a chance.

I won’t say any more, in case you want to roll back. But if you want to start again, please do look over my notes, at least for the first few turns, and let me know if my thought processes and decisions were sensible or not. (I must confess that I do think I play better in this format where there’s plenty of time to think about turns, than in real life where, in my first plays just the other day, I didn’t really have time to think through the consequences of everything.)

And I must apologise for not catching the error before my turn 5. If I had, we could have had a more sensible resolution. Whatever happens, thanks for playing against me, I feel like I’ve already learnt a lot even if you don’t give me any pointers :slight_smile: