[Casual] flagrantangles vs CarpeGuitarrem

Yeah, that one Free Speech + Injunction turn was so gross, I basically wasted a turn!

1 Like

The stars definitely aligned for that one but I had to in order to keep you from murdering me outright!

1 Like

Oh, totally. That turn was do-or-die for you, literally! Shoddy Glider would’ve been lethal.

1 Like

looms

Also, flags, on the turn you did the injunction, free speech, I was seriously expecting you to destroy the tech 2 and injunction the tech 1 for major lockdown.

1 Like

I didn’t see the point of doing it. He didn’t have any Tech I units in hand and Injunction doesn’t prevent you from rebuilding it, unfortunately.

To clarify since it’s not super clear, I mean that injuncting Tech I doesn’t prevent rebuilding a destroyed Tech II.

2 Likes

Also @CarpeGuitarrem I’m willing to keep playing if you’d like to.

1 Like

Wait really?? When was that ruled? I thought it was “disabled” as if it was destroyed?

The spreadsheet says
“When you disable an opponent’s tech building, they cannot build the next higher tech building until the disable ends. For example, if you disable their tech II building, they cannot build a tech III building on their next turn. If they already had a tech III building though, disabling their tech II building doesn’t affect their tech III building—the tech III building continues operating normally.”

Where was it ruled that doesn’t apply to a rebuild?

You can start the thread hereabouts: Rules Questions thread - #2996 by Metalize

Hmm, I think you might have misread. That discussion was about whether a building that you disable and destroy can be rebuilt. In fact, I even wrote the same thing there, and no-one objected.
If you injunction and destroy a tech 1, your opponent can immediately begin rebuilding it.
If you injunction their tech 1 and destroy their tech 2, they can’t begin rebuilding their tech 2 because their tech 1 is disabled, as per the spreadsheet ruling.

1 Like

That’s always a possibility but until I get explicit confirmation, I’m going to continue with the understanding I have now.

Is Sirlin’s word not confirmation enough?
That ruling from the spreadsheet has his name attached.

Is this what you’re looking for?

Nope, that’s still talking about a single tech building that is both disabled and destroyed. That whole section was about that specific edge case of one tech building being disabled and destroyed.

I think I wanna try out more stuff if you don’t mind, I’m game to try cracking that mono-blue with some mono-white.

1 Like

That’s totally fine by me! You can go first this time around.

1 Like

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Snapback
Safe Attacking
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Sensei's Advice

WORKERS
Smoker

NextHand

Grappling Hook
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Savior Monk
Aged Sensei

Discard

Safe Attacking
Sensei's Advice
Snapback

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Summon Morningstar Flagbearer - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout: Morningstar Flagbearer (Flagbearer) 2/2

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

So, how to approach mono-white? Snapback will be good for dealing with specific hero strategies and Onimaru Art of War. Safe Attacking + hero might be my play here, or I could Hero + Smoker. It can't do a whole lot, though. Pity I can't have Aged Sensei this turn, that would've been killer. Also, I should not actually patrol since Arrest can't hit anything else and Blue doesn't have haste in the starter. That's a huge mistake I was making last game. Do I ever Morningstar Flagbearer instead? It's an Arrest magnet but not much else. I guess it's also a Manufactured Truth magnet, that's not nothing. I can hero up next turn, which beats Jail.

@flagrantangles's turn!

To Carpe

Manufactured Truth doesn’t target. That’s how it gets around illusion property to make them useful.

1 Like

P2T1

Starting Hand Workers

STARTING HAND
Jail
Reputable Newsman
Porkhand Magistrate
Bluecoat Musketeer
Lawful Search

WORKERS
Porkhand Magistrate

Next Hand

Traffic Director
Building Inspector
Arrest
Manufactured Truth
Spectral Aven

Discard

Bluecoat Musketeer
Jail
Lawful Search

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Summon Bigby Hayes. - ($2)
Hire a Reputable Newsman who blocks spells and upgrades that cost 1. - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Bigby Hayes (1) 2/3A
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Reputable Newsman 0/3 [1]

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Workers: 6
Thoughts

Mono-white has so many powerful spells and hero abilities that Free Speech is basically necessary. Furthermore, I really need units to wall up against Rook. Eyes of the Chancellor is very good against Ninjitsu shenanigans, but can be hard to sustain or get up in the first place, especially with Grappling Hook around. Dreamscape could be fun but difficult to work in. I think we need to keep the Spectral Aven against Rook’s birds and also Young Lightning Dragons. Beyond that, we can MABYE work in a Mind Control. That one’s a pipe dream, I think.

Tech Plan:

1. Spectral Flagbearer, Overeager Cadet -
  2. Free Speech, Overeager Cadet -
  3. Macciatus, the Whisperer, Dreamscape -
  4. Reteller of Truths, Eyes of the Chancellor -
  5. Hallucination, Hallucination -

@CarpeGuitarrem’s turn!

1 Like

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Bird's Nest
Rambasa Twin

STARTING HAND
Savior Monk
Fox Primus
Aged Sensei
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook

WORKERS
Smoker
Fox Viper

NextHand

Rambasa Twin
Grappling Hook
Sensei's Advice
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Summon Aged Sensei - ($3)
Summon Garus Rook - ($1)
Build Tech 1 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: L1 Garus Rook 2/4+a
  • :target: Lookout: Morningstar Flagbearer (Flagbearer) 2/2

In Play:

• Aged Sensei 1/1

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Workers: 6
Thoughts

Not entirely sure how this works, but let's see what my tech options are. Rambasa seems a pretty safe choice, along with Fuzz. Or maybe Bird's Nest. With that set, we have 3 gold to play with. HUGE misplay last turn not just going with Grave/Safe Attacking, I could have played Grappling Hook + double level on Grave to kill Bigby, and had a 3/2+a Grave in squad leader with 2 extra gold to play with.

Bomber: oh bother, you’re correct. Though thinking on it, I can at least pre-empt Peace shenanagins with a good Flagbearer, and right now it’s a great way to protect my patrol zone from Arrest.

@flagrantangles's turn!