Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 4

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

I didn’t like my starting hand. I had 2 spells that where not very helpful. I just went with some quick damage.

@2’s turn!

2 Likes

Good luck!

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Rampant Growth
Tiger Cub
Playful Panda
Verdant Tree
Forest’s Favor

WORKERS
Verdant Tree

NextHand

Young Treant
Ironbark Treant
Rich Earth
Spore Shambler

Discard

Rampant Growth
Forest’s Favor

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Recruit Tiger Cub - ($2)
Recruit Playful Panda and Wisp - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Tiger Cub (2/2+a)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Wisp (0/1)
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Playful Panda (2/2)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 2

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

Zane, huh? Suggests he’s going for a base race. Going to wall up as best I can, relying on Young Treant to get me back up to full hand next turn.

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Surprise Attack
Calypso Vystari

STARTING HAND
Bloodrage Ogre
Bombaster
Nautical Dog
Scorch
Careless Musketeer

WORKERS
Mad Man
Bloodburn

NextHand

Pillage
Nautical Dog
Bombaster
Careless Musketeer
Scorch

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Level Up Captin Zane to L3 - ($3)
Atk Tiger Cub for 3 w/ Zane and kill it.
Recruit Makeshift Rambaster - ($1)
Atk P2 Whisp with Makeshift Rambaster & kills it

Float ($1)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:

In Play:

• Captain Zane ( 3/1 L3 Haste )
  • Makeshift Rambaster

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 4
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

You walled up pretty good. Looks like I will add some more preasure to the base. I am not really sure what I am doing :wink:

@2’s turn!

Zane becomes a 3/3 at lvl 4 so it will cost you 1 more gold, thankfully you didn’t spend that gold so it shouldn’t be a problem.

There is a wisp patrolling between you and his base, so you have to kill that first as it is patrolling.

2 Likes

Eeks, I totally missed that. =/

I use this chrome plug in that highlights cards and some times it does not work and I over look some. Ill give it a redo. I also over looked it because it was not listed in the “In Play section”

That’s because the wisp is a token, and they don’t have any of the tokens on either the database or Autocard (I’m assuming that’s the extension you’re using). That’s part of why I put the units’ stats next to their names.

And that’s simply because it was already listed in the Patrol Zone, so putting it in the In Play zone would make it look like there were two of them! :wink:

1 Like

@Hobusu I updated my turn. I just used the Rambaster to kill the whisp.

1 Like

Just noticed your post says you’re on turn 3 for some reason. Not a big deal, but I thought you should know.

P2T2

TECH
Centaur
Tiny Basilisk

STARTING HAND
Ironbark Treant
Young Treant
Rich Earth
Spore Shambler
Merfolk Prospector

WORKERS
Verdant Tree
Rich Earth

NextHand

Spore Shambler
Playful Panda
Forest’s Favor
Tiger Cub
Ironbark Treant

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Build Tech I - ($5)
Recruit Young Treant, I draw - ($3)
Worker - ($2)
Summon Calamandra - ($0)
Playful Panda trades with Zane, Calamandra gets 2 free levels

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Young Treant (0/2+a) (Resist 1)
  • :target: Lookout: Calamandra Moss Lv. 3 (3/4) (Gives units resist 1) (Resist 1)

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 4

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

Pretty good turn here. Got Zane out of my hair for a bit and Cala’s free levels effectively make Young Treant free to play. I think I’ll be using either Ferocity or Behind the Ferns this game, but we’ll see.

Even though I do an undo for a turn the script that populates the turn does not role back. I be mindful of that.

I already feel like I botched this game. I don’t see how red can get a good start. Any tips?

P1T3

TECH
Firebat
Gunpoint Taxman

STARTING HAND
Surprise Attack
Calypso Vystari
Charge
Bloodrage Ogre
Scorch

WORKERS
Mad Man
Bloodburn
Nautical Dog

NextHand

Calypso Vystari
Scorch
Charge
Surprise Attack
Bloodrage Ogre

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Careless Musketeer - ($4)
Built Tech 1 - ($3)

Float ($3)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Careless Musketeer (2/1 +1a)

In Play:

• Makeshift Rambaster (1/2)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 2

Gold:

• Gold: 3
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

I’m not really sure how to drop your health pools because of arival sickness. Red starts out with some low damage output.

@2’s turn!

You can’t cast spells without a hero to cast them

I have several tips if you want them.

P1T1 zane to hit base is not the best idea unless you want to do an extreme base race. As you can only play 1 card per turn without losing cards in hand, playing 1 card each turn is very important to get maximum value, and without a 1 drop with zane you are losing that value.

T2 you left an easy hero kill which effectively gives Hobusu 2 free levels (= 2 free gold), very scary, you would have been better off playing a unit in defence (such as the rambaster, or another unit in hand), or leveling him to max band for the healing. Also not building your tech 1 locks you into the spells for that hero as your useful techs, which you just let get killed. You even floated the gold you could have used to build your tech 1.

This game is difficult and there are a lot of choices to make (far more then most other card games I’ve played), so dont be disheartened when you lose your first few games, we all do, and the fact that skill matters far more than most games makes it really rewarding when you do get that win (but it will take longer then Hearthstone/Magic etc)

If you want to look at some Red vs Green here was a good series betweeen myself and young buck

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this more “As you can only play 1 card per turn without losing cards in hand, playing 1 card each turn is very important to get maximum value, and without a 1 drop with Zane you are losing that value.”

And yes the game is difficult enough when you are watching the turns on after another. I think this way of spread sheet game play is harder for me. I leave and when I come back I have to get my head wrapped around the game again. I know it will just take time. There is a lot to memorize in this game.

I will fix my last turn.

Also, I didnt think I had my 6 workers until last turn. … this spread sheet thing. =/… hahaha

1 Like

If you want to draw 5 cards a turn, you have to discard at least 3 cards to redraw to that many.
With making 1 worker a turn, that means you can play 1 other card and keep drawing 5 cards each turn.

Given that playing two 1 cost cards gives you more stats/abilities then playing one 2 cost card, you can see that a “card” effectively is part of the cost of playing something (this can also been seen in how much it costs to draw 1 card).

Ignoring a lot more factors (such as smaller deck size, etc) which just increase the value of playing cards, we can therefore estimate that a card has a value of around 1.5 gold (this may vary due to colour/circumstance etc but is a good estimate)

So by discarding 4 instead of 3 you could argue that you are throwing away 1.5 golds worth of value, which should suggest that before you do it, there should be a good reason into why you are not playing that card.

EDIT: @Azuset as an example, say you play a Nautical Dog on T1 with zane. This means that if the following turns are the same, that the dog could trade with the Tiger, meaning that zane lives to turn 3 and calamandra is on a lvl 1 hero. As you can see, the small difference on T1 can have very large impacts further down the road (which is this case the board difference would be far greater than 1.5 gold would suggest).

2 Likes

I updated my turn 3.

Don’t forget that Rambaster can’t patrol! :wink:

Don’t worry about it, pretty much everyone messes it up for their first couple of games. I’ll admit the learning curve is steep to begin with, but I personally find it more convenient now that I’m used to it.

I have no doubt this is going to make me a much better play. :slight_smile:

Everything you just wrote here is going to take me some time to chew on. I see you are teaching me the meta of the game.

Without mathing the shit out of the game I would have never guessed being able to draw 5 every turn is the meta. Im glad the community has done all the math hahaha.

@Hobusu I updated my turn. I moved the Rambaster to the play area.