Casual - Andreas (mono black) vs. Holytispon (mono purple)

You look at your opponent’s next hand, and say which cards he must discard. If he’s had a tech draw before then, then you’ll need to confirm with him what that was.

3 Likes

"P1T11

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Plague Lord
Plague Lord

STARTING HAND
Carrion Curse
Zarramonde
Doom Grasp
Zarramonde
Dark Pact
Deteriorate
Plague Lord
Dark Pact
Cursed Crow (3/3)

WORKERS
Graveyard
Jandra, the Negator
Skeletal Archery
Summon Skeletons
Bone Collector
Skeleton Javelineer
Thieving Imp
Poisonblade Rogue

NextHand

Zarramonde
Plague Lord
Doom Grasp
Dark Pact
Cursed Crow (3/3)

Discard

Deteriorate
Gorgon (2/4), deathtouch

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($18)
Garth to lvl 3 from Prynn’s fading
Zarramonde, Vir dies, garth levels to 5 - ($8)
Vandy - ($6)
Dark pact, my base to 12HP
Orpal - ($4)
Carrion Curse, I look at your hand and ask you to throw Slow generator far far away - ($1)
Both gorgons trade with both Glaxs, I draw 2 cards, you get 1 gold
Deteriorate on Seer, you draw
Cursed Ghoul B takes out Geiger, Garth maxes, summons Gorgon back from discard
Garth takes out your tower, your base to 18HP
Cursed Ghoul A and Skeleton take out your tech 2, your base to 16HP
Garth makes a skeleton - ($0)

Float ($0)
Skipping Discard/Draw phase

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Zarramonde (11/11+A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Skeleton (1/1)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Gorgon (2/4)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Garth lvl 7 (3/4)
  • Cursed Ghoul A (4/4)
  • Cursed Ghoul B (4/2)
  • Skeleton (1/1)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 12
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Disease)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Demonology)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 6
  • Deck: 5
  • Disc: 2
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 12
    "
1 Like

GG! I hung in there and I think the strat has potential but I was too far behind and couldn’t transition anywhere.

1 Like

GG WP! It was an interesting one. The slow-time generator really helped you I think since you were behind on workers and had such cheap past tech 2 units to play. I think if you had teched 2 of them and used them back to back (after I had destroyed it, giving you the worker gold which I had lost out on), that would’ve put you in a very strong position. Also it would’ve thrown off my end game plan entirely of going tech-lab to Zarra. I don’t think I would’ve been able to hold out with only disease against Past, esp. with your slow-time gen. out. I thought you were going for Present! because of battle suits played… that threw my strategy off (not sure if that was intentional :P-- it seemed like you were considering present but switched to past to counter my Disease which I think was a good move). I horribly misplayed Vandy at the beginning and lazily threw her into patrol thinking she was safe regardless… unfortunately you had unlucky tech 1 draws to capitalize on that. I think an important turning point was T6-7 where Prynn exiled both my units, which I was able to retrieve by dooming the skeleton. Had it not been for that, I would’ve been screwed with skipping my discard/draw phase and also losing a turn with both of the units. But then again, there were so many twists and turns this game that it could’ve gone either way at multiple points.

It’s been a good learning experience for this match-up and fun playing with you. I hope the same for you!

3 Likes