CAPS 2017: Penatronic ([Present]/Peace/Blood) vs. robinz ([Discipline]/Fire/Truth)

It must be some artifact of redoing a turn after hitting draw/discard. I wish it just counted the cards in the worker pile.

Edit: figured out what I did, I accidentally put forgotten fighter as a worker instead of my discard pile… since I discarded, reshuffled then drew I need to put forgotten fighter back in there then make it redraw me a new hand, right?

1 Like

Well I always assumed it did (and then added 4/5 according to your player number), but I haven’t looked into it so I could be wrong…

No problem with the mistake, just making you aware of it (as I said, I only caught it at the last minute, and am glad I did!).

1 Like

That sounds right to me, but I’m not 100% sure. Best to check with @EricF.

That’s correct: fix the deck contents, and then re-draw the hand.

2 Likes

Have fixes and new turn ready, going to wait to post till I can look at it at home to double check

1 Like

"P1T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Bloodlust
Crashbomber

STARTING HAND
Eager Cadet
Boot Camp
Fading Argonaut
Flagstone Garrison
Argonaut

WORKERS
Time Spiral
Plasmodium
Temporal Research
Tinkerer
Neo Plexus (2/2)

NextHand

Elite Training
Flagstone Garrison
Argonaut
Fading Argonaut
Forgotten Fighter

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
scav + tech - ($9)
play Flagstone garrison - ($6)
play eager cadet, draw 1
play nullcraft, draw 1 - ($4)
play eager cadet, draw 1
play argonaut, draw 1 - ($1)
Mox and nullcraft kill sparring partner
Soldier kills illusion, you get $1
Geiger slaps your t2 for 2 dmg
Worker - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Eager Cadet (3/2A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Argonaut (4/4), readiness
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Eager Cadet (3/2)
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Battle Suits
  • L1 Geiger (2/3), sparkshot
  • Soldier (1/1), sparkshot
  • Flagstone Garrison (4hp)
  • Nullcraft (1/1), flying, no buffs
  • Hardened Mox (2/1)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 4 (Peace)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

really bummed I didn’t get that forgotten soldier faster, letting him have a turn with quince and jaina is terrifying. if he doesn’t get off a wombo combo I probably win, but if he does Its probably gg

"

P2T6

TECH
Bamstamper Lizzo
Reversal

STARTING HAND
Lobber
Smoker
Flame Arrow
Molting Firebird
Savior Monk

WORKERS
Morningstar Flagbearer
Fox Viper
Fox Primus
Safe Attacking

NextHand

Ember Sparks
Bamstamper Lizzo
Grappling Hook
Aged Sensei

Discard

Sparring Partner
Flame Arrow
Smoker
Savior Monk
Bamstamper Lizzo
Reversal

Tech 2 card(s)
draw from Mirror Illusion’s death (it was in Technician, not Scavenger)
Get Paid - ($9)
Molting Firebird - ($5)
Jaina casts Flame Arrow, doing 3 damage to your Tech 2. - ($1)
Lobber, uses his ability to do the last damage to your Tech 2, breaking it. Your base takes 2 damage. - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: lvl 1 Jaina (2/3+A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Molting Firebird (4/3, flying)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: lvl 1 Quince (1/3)
  • Lobber (2/2)
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 3 (Fire)
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 4
  • Disc: 6
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 9
Thoughts

Ugh. I really hate the Peace engine- especially with Battle Suits. And he’s not even played a Drill Sergeant yet (but is surely about to, if I leave his Tech 2 intact.)

And that’s why I’ve decided to play the way I have - because I can’t do a lot about his overwhelming board. Sure I could have broken the Garrison instead of Tech 2, but that seems to me to have less value when he’s already got loads of units out on the board. If I’m to have any chance at all in this game I need to have that Firebird stay alive - and that might not happen if he could get some DS runes onto his Nullcraft. I also pondered killing Geiger with FA for the free levels, but I wasn’t really able to put them to good use. The one advantage of that way was that I kept a spare gold in order to get to 10 workers, but I don’t think that’s enough of one.

Of course next turn I’m going to lose both my heroes (giving him an easy maxed Drakk or Onimaru…), probably my Tech 2 as well, and quite possibly the lobber. A single firebird won’t do a lot against that, with him continuing to flood the board with Tech 0 and Tech 1s. But it’s all I have to offer at the moment. Teching another Lizzo and a Reversal as ways to keep his board under control. But this one is going away from me very fast - as it does every time I face Peace. And Drakk hasn’t even shown up yet…

Next hand… doesn’t look good. Really I needed Advice to guarantee breaking his Tech 2 again. I’m sure ES and Lizzo will both be unplayable, and the other two cards aren’t too much use at this stage. Probably a concession coming next turn :frowning:

1 Like

"P1T7

TECH
Sentry
Sentry

STARTING HAND
Flagstone Garrison
Argonaut
Fading Argonaut (3/3A), fading 2
Forgotten Fighter
Elite Training
Boot Camp
Bloodlust

WORKERS
Time Spiral
Plasmodium
Temporal Research
Tinkerer
Neo Plexus (2/2)
Flagstone Garrison

NextHand

Sentry
Sentry
Elite Training
Crashbomber
Bloodlust

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
rebuild t2
Argonaut kills Jaina, Geiger to L3
Eager Cadet kills Quince, Geiger to L5
Geiger kills T2, your base to 18
Mox and Eager Cadet kill your T1, your base to 16
play Argonaut - ($6)
build hero’s hall - ($4)
play Fading Argonaut - ($2)
Worker - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 4, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Argonaut (4/4A), readiness
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Fading Argonaut (4/3), fading 3
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Argonaut (4/2), readiness
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Nullcraft (1/1), flying, no buffs
  • Battle Suits
  • L5 Geiger (3/4), sparkshot
  • Eager Cadet (3/1)
  • Flagstone Garrison (4hp)
  • Hardened Mox (2/1)
  • Eager Cadet (3/2)
  • :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Peace)

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 2
  • Disc: 0
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

well would have loved to have summoned a new hero that rond but a big Garrison turn is hard to reverse.

"

Why does it add all the cards I drew from garrison into my starting hand? How do I avoid that?

You can’t. It’s just what the spreadsheet does - every card that goes into your hand during your turn gets shown there.

I used to annotate the starting hand before posting (pointing out cards which were drawn due to Technician bonus and other such things) - but I’ve stopped doing that because I think it’s clear enough to everyone. Your starting hand is after all shown as your “next hand” on the previous turn.

Back to this game, I’m having a look at what I can do, but it is quite likely to be a concession. I still have no idea what to do about Peace just flooding the board with units which, although nothing special in themselves, just overwhelm you by their sheer numbers…

1 Like

the mechanic is pretty ludicrous… I have yet to see a board wipe played, but even that doesn’t seem to be that good an answer. molting firebirds online slightly earlier could probably do work burninating the peasants or firehouse, as that can just tap/untap on all the cadets and such. I was trying to play around that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m calling the game here. I only just realised that Nullcraft in patrol stops Firebird having fun - but even then there was no way I could do enough.

@EricF

I’ll have to look up other games to see how others deal with Peace. All I can think of is mad aggression from the start to stop the engine ever coming online - that was the plan here (hence Fire Tech 2), but I was under too much pressure early on (due to my stupidity regarding letting you get a max Oni) to be able to build Tech 2 at the earliest opportunity.

I think I’d have been in better shape had I draw one of my Firebirds last turn (I teched both of them on T4), but that was only a 1 in 3 chance, so I can’t say I was particularly unlucky. Gg, thanks for playing. And you beat me without even using Drakk (or anything else from Blood) - War Drums would have been ridiculous with that board!

EDIT: as for Firehouse (and indeed Hotter Fire), I would have loved to give those a go, but it came down to the usual problem, neither contributes to board presence. FH in particular would likely have just got broken before doing anything. So I never teched it.

while smashing my t1 would have stopped the drawing madness, smashing the t2 stopped me from getting back out Oni for elite training anti air or drakk for bloodlust/drums.

GG.