CAPS 2017: Hobusu ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. NikoBolas (Mono White)

Good Game! I think my T5 was the turning point, and I was fortunate to have my tech 1s line up in a way that let me tech with Sparring Partner then explode onto the board with the Twins. I disagree that Hero’s Monument is bad in general, I think it is a very strong win-condition against a lot of stuff. While it does have a turn of lag, as @ARMed_PIrate said, free bloom on your heroes is pretty good.

The whole game seemed like it would be a race to tech III and I felt like Discipline would give me the best tech breakers in Vigor Adept and Daigo. My Vigor Adepts didn’t cooperate very well, showing up together and just generally being too expensive, but Daigo is hard to deal with on a mostly even board and the anthem effect is decent. Glorious Ninjas are awesome, but I prefer Ninjutsu against decks with a lot of removal so that you can guarantee some value out of your gold before they kill it. I almost went with Strength but didn’t feel like I would have very good options for breaking a large PZ. I really like Strength when I’m turtling against aggression, but I don’t think it’s great at being proactive (although I’ve never tech’d a Colossus…).

Edit: I checked that post twice but can’t figure out why it didn’t hide the original T7. In the preview it looks hidden. Weird.

1 Like

There’s a known bug with this forum software that makes Details tags look right in the Preview pane in some situations where it won’t work in the actual post. Try putting a blank line above the Details tag if there isn’t one there already.

1 Like

If you’d like to do a Game 2 sometime, I think it would be interesting to try this match-up as P1 instead of P2. I read in an another thread youre pretty busy with games right now, so maybe another time?

I’m definitely interested in trying this matchup again. It seems pretty hard for this codex to deal with mono-white, though we seemed to disagree on which of your specs would be worst for me…

While I am a bit busy, one of my games is almost over. Go ahead and take your first turn, and I’ll respond when I get a chance.

1 Like

Edit: Going to new thread!