CAMS 2017: Zhavier (Discipline/Present/Anarchy) vs FrozenStorm (Past/Peace/Anarchy)

The Patriot Gryphon is just not an option, period. Too easily beaten by Gunship (either it gets obliterated straight up, or the ground forces I get to keep it from being directly obliterated get killed by your other ground units), too expensive. Even if I outdraw you, it’s nearly certain I lose the ability to get gunships before you get one on the board and lock me down.

At the point in the game where Zhav built tech 3, my only hope is to out-draw him on Gunships, which I very nearly did it looks like (the Geiger discard/draw hitting the 2/7 chance saved the day it looks like! Otherwise I would have gone Prynn + TR to near certainly draw a gunship and lock him down)

To answer @holytispon’s question, once I’m Peace tech 2 I’m resigned to only other tech 3s. Archon isn’t bad but generally loses to Gunship also. In our game, I probably should have teched Archon and Guargum, as in that case both were sufficient to stem the tide of your machine (Archon is just way better at it)

As for where I think things went wrong for me in this game:

• I perhaps should have gone for Stewardess instead of Chaos Mirror, though I honestly didn’t expect Sparring Partner
  • Turn 3 I should not have played the Plexus. It wasn’t really aiding my defense significantly, and the 2 gold + card would have meant the difference in being able to pull off a good Mirror’d nullcraft play on turn 4 (though Sparring Partner + a fully healed Grave were still a serious problem for that play)
  • Peace in general was probably the wrong choice. You had so much early momentum that I couldn’t possibly get a garrison plan online in time to outrun Anarchy. I probably should have opted for Anarchy myself, and played for Monkeys + TR to recover hand -> Steam Tanks + Boot Camp to lock you down
2 Likes