CAMS 2017: FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) vs. ARMed-PIrate ([Present]/Strength/Anarchy)

GL HF @ARMed_PIrate, I’m psyched to see “Just DeGreying” in action!

Player 1, Turn 1

P1 [Past]/Peace/Anarchy vs P2 [Present]/Strength/Anarchy

[details=Starting Hand]
Plasmodium
Forgotten Fighter
Nullcraft
Temporal Research
Tinkerer
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (4)
  • Tech 2 cards (except turn 1)

[details=All Teched Cards][spoiler]

[/spoiler][/details]

###Main:

• Plasmodium (2)
  • Worker (1)

[details=Workers]
Tinkerer
[/details]

• :pspurpleshield: Patrol as below
  • Discard 2 Draw 4
  • Tech 2 cards before my next turn

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :pspig: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

####In Play:

• Plasmodium (forecast 3)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

####Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5

[details=End of Turn Hand]
Hardened Mox
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Fading Argonaut
[/details]

[details=End of Turn Discard]
Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Forgotten Fighter
[/details]

[details=My Thoughts]
Super awkward split here, I’m going to go for the tempo play on the turn though. We’ll see how that plays out, but I think it’s a good call against possible birds.
[/details]

1 Like

Get logs, heat fire!

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]
So… my first actual game this tournament, and it’s against PPA.
Well, I have a good history against PPA! I’ve played exactly 1 game against PPA, my first tournament game, against EricF in CAWS! I have a 100% win rate! Of course, I took him down with Blood and Gargoyles, neither of which I have here.

Complicating this is the fact that Frozen went with a crazy non-standard opening. T1 Plasmodium? What must his split look like? He’s floating a gold, so next turn he could put down anything: mox, nullcraft, BS+Fargo. Or he could really push it and go Tinkerer, Time Spiral, tech at least one seer, and try to hit me with a T3 Plasmodium and maybe Nullcraft. So how do I address that? Oh, and he has Zane.

Right, so is this an indication that he’s going to try just heavy Past combo? Really unusual. What are the advantages against my deck? Well, Prynn’s got bounce against Rook, and past has bounce against Mox.

Okay, so letting go of his crazy plans, what about my crazy plans? Standard would be Rook + Birds, if only to put junk in the way of Nullcraft. Argo would probably be my other first tech. I might do Argo + Calypso, for the cheap 3/2, and sidelining can be great against purple. That’s what I did in my only game piloting this deck so far, and it wasn’t bad. If I do Rook + Birds, I’ll probably want to play Nullcraft here and tech in Chaos Mirror at some point to toss plasmodium’s damage somewhere interesting.

The “That’s Just DeGreyding” theme plan is fun, but it’s hard to fit the requisite number of DeGreys and TDs in and Mythmaking for support and tech up properly at the right times. And he won’t have tokens unless he maxes Oni, so it doesn’t seem that strong.

Well, I could go aggro here, with Zane and Nullcraft. I’m sure he’ll just take my Zane with his midband, getting an early max Zane. I should put out some defense… Getting BS out now is great for mox and fargo and argo and calypso and hyperio.
But maybe… maybe we just f with him a bit? I could go Tinkerer, though I’d need a hero (prob. Rook) or Plexus to protect it from Zane. But then I have to spend time exhausting, so I’m just spending 2 to delay his 2-cost, assuming he doesn’t just FF my Tinkerer. I could play Geiger and Time Spiral his Plasmodium. But then I don’t have enough for BS or any unit this turn. It’s really tempting. Geiger’s almost as good as Rook early game if I’m not really planning on leveling either. Well… I could skip worker. And then next turn skip worker again and play Mox+Fargo. That is a bad plan. Tempting, though.

Okay, next turn I want to build Tech I. which leaves $4 if I worker this turn. That’s enough for Geiger+FF or Fargo+hero, but not Fargo and Mox. If I do Geiger+TS this turn, I’ll float, and then it’s enough. But then no BS. And I’m leaning towards worker+BS+Plexus this turn to get real aggressive fast.

Hrmmm… Maybe he’s just planning on Stewardess, not Seer. Bounce my Tech 0 stuff and send the doofus through. In that case, the Geiger plan looks better. And why don’t we lean towards Present Tech II for Hyperions, Anarchy Tech III with lab, and Chaos Mirror and Birds for removal? (Actually, what if he goes Taxman to deal with birds? Then don’t I just want to win on efficiency with my original unit stuff? Maybe I should go with Taxman to deal with Nullcraft?) Ah well. Let’s get crazy. At least it’ll surprise him. I’m doing the Spiral.

Question: where to patrol Geiger? SQL, he can’t be killed. Elite, he can be killed, but midband Zane would have to trade into him (way too expensive), or Lv. 1 Zane could suicide and Nullcraft take him out (even on money). Let’s… keep him alive.

For the record, I’m pretty sure the best move would have just been Rook+BS.
[/spoiler][/details]

EDITS: Actually workering my worker, and adjusting thoughts

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Tinkerer
Neo Plexus
Time Spiral
Nullcraft

WORKERS

Tinkerer

NextHand

Forgotten Fighter
Plasmodium
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox
Fading Argonaut

Discard

Time Spiral
Nullcraft
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Summon Geiger - ($2)
Geiger casts Time Spiral, adding a rune to your Plasmodium - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Max Geiger, Lv. 1 (2/3+a, Sparkshot)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]

[B]Buildings:[/B]

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Disc: 4
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Workers: 6

[details=Afterthoughts]
That was dumb. Let’s see how it plays out.

[/details]

2 Likes

Hmm interesting…

Player 1, Turn 2

[details=Starting Hand]
Hardened Mox
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Fading Argonaut
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (5+1float)

[details=All Teched Cards]
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Onimaru (4)
  • Hardened Mox (1)
  • Worker (0)

[details=Workers]
Neo Plexus, Tinkerer
[/details]

• Discard 3 rs Draw 5

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Onimaru (2/3+1armor)

####In Play:

• Hardened Mox (1/1)
  • Plasmodium (forecast 3)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0

####Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6

Fading Argonaut
Forgotten Fighter
Nullcraft
Time Spiral
Battle Suits
[/details]

[details=End of Turn Discard][spoiler]

[/spoiler][/details]

[details=My Thoughts][spoiler]
Not sure how I feel about this strategy, but being committed to Geiger just to put another turn on Plasmo feels like I need to punish it. I think I can probably push a monster mox into enough pressure to win.

Unless of course I whiff both Boot Camps… That’s pretty disasterous.
[/spoiler][/details]

Okay, so we’re nailing things down. Too bad nullcraft was in my last hand; otherwise, Geiger and NC could take Oni. But, this makes DeGrey a possibility to deal with soldiers when they arrive…

Clever of him to put Mox backline so I couldn’t bounce it.

Also, he skipped Tech I. Interesting. I assume he’s going to start booting the Mox?

I thought about playing my own Plasmodium, but I think I’m just going to float for a heavy turn next time. Chaos Mirror, because against Plasmodium it looks nice. May add Birds later.

I put the Fargo in elite because I don’t think he can FF it now, and I don’t think he can do three damage without midbanding Oni, and if he does, he won’t be able to kill Geiger and Oni will be at 1. That should make Oni vulnerable to Nullcraft, which I have a decent shot at drawing.
[/spoiler][/details]

P2T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Argonaut
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Temporal Research
Forgotten Fighter
Plasmodium
Fading Argonaut
Hardened Mox

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research

NextHand

Plasmodium
Time Spiral
Nullcraft
Neo Plexus
Hardened Mox

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Build Tech I - ($4)
Recruit Fading Argonaut - ($2)

Float ($2)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2+1/3, Fading @3)
  • Max Geiger, Lv. 1 (2/3, Sparkshot)
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

• Deck: 4
  • Gold: 2
  • Workers: 7

[details=Afterhoughts]
Got the Nullcraft, but Argo and CM are in the next hand. (And BS.) C’est la vie. Well, if Geiger’s alive, I have Time Spiral again. It would be funny.

[/details]

Player 1, Turn 3

[details=Starting Hand]
Hardened Mox
Neo Plexus
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Fading Argonaut
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (5+1float)

Seer x2
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Fading Argonaut (4)
  • Tech1 (2)
  • Worker (1)

[details=Workers]
Forgotten Fighter, Neo Plexus, Tinkerer
[/details]

• Discard 3 Draw 3 rs Draw 2

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

• Tech1 HP: 5

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Fading Argonaut (2/3+1armor Fade 3)
  • :target: Lookout: Hardened Mox (1/1)

####In Play:

• Onimaru (2/3 lvl 1)
  • Plasmodium (forecast 2)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

####Gold:

• Workers: 7

Boot Camp
Boot Camp
Temporal Research
Seer
Nullcraft
[/details]

[/spoiler][/details]

Options here:
Suits + Fargo, patrol Fargo SQL Mox Elite: Immune to FF, loses to Now + Argo (an unlikely draw) or Sacrifice Geiger and Fargo into midband Zane, don’t get a tech 1
Fargo tech 1: Means if I lose Oni all is not lost, but does mean I’m reasonably likely to lose Oni (FF + Suits or Now! + Argo makes him toast, and thus not going to get great value from my double Boot Camp…)
Nullcraft Battle Suits Worker: Oni also only dies to Maxband Geiger + Nullcraft OR Now + Argo/Plexus, also don’t get tech 1
Nullcraft + Suits + Mid Oni off Geiger kill, skipping worker: I lose Oni to maxband Zane, but that doesn’t net him much (though it doesn’t have to if I’m skipping a worker…

I think the tech 1 plan has to be it, since no matter what I’m not keeping Oni safe, and kind of playing between a 50% chance oni dies (but having a tech 1 backup plan), or a 30% chance he dies (with little backup plan). Seers are a great backup plan (I can eliminate his Fargo with one and pop my Plasmo with the other, nearly guaranteed to draw both with Prynn + TR). Best case scenario Oni lives, and I double Bootcamp + Seer + tech 2 (that’d be super duper)

Seer Nullcraft, well at least Plasmo is going to rock the town next turn
[/spoiler][/details]

Boo. If I had FF I could bounce that Fargo, Nullcraft the Mox, and team up with my Fargo and Geiger to take out Oni. Then Geiger to flicker the Mox and hit his Tech I.
BS would be almost as good. I’d have to skip Tech II, but I’d be able to BS, sideline Mox with Nullcraft, flicker Nullcraft with max Geiger, remove SQL armor with Nullcraft, take out SQL with Fargo, and take out Oni with Geiger. But that would waste levels and leave Geiger vulnerable to Mox+Nullcraft anyway… Ah well.

As it is, playing the Nullcraft is a good idea, as it’ll allow for a poke on Tech I and be a nice recipient for Chaos Mirror next turn.
I could alternatively drop my own Mox and play Time Spiral, but I don’t expect my Mox to last long.

I could do Nullcraft+Spiral, leaving me an extra gold to work with next turn. But I should probably drop Plexus to help protect Geiger; otherwise I’m facing a max Oni when Geiger dies.

Teching TD and Hyperion, 'cause that can pick up DeGrey if needed. Depending on what he plays, it might be another TD, Birds+Earthquake, or something else (Marauder?).
[/spoiler][/details]

P2T3

TECH

Temporal Distortion
Hyperion

STARTING HAND
Nullcraft
Hardened Mox
Time Spiral
Neo Plexus
Plasmodium

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Battle Suits
Chaos Mirror
Forgotten Fighter
Argonaut

Discard

Time Spiral
Plasmodium
Temporal Distortion
Hyperion

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Fargo fades
Worker - ($8)
Build Tech II (Present) - ($4)
Recruit Nullcraft - ($2)
Nullcraft hits your Tech I for 1
Recruit Neo Plexus - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2+1/3, Fading @2)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Neo Plexus (2/2)
  • Max Geiger, Lv. 1 (2/3, Sparkshot)
  • Nullcraft (1/1, Flying, haste, can’t be (de)buffed)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5

• Hand: 4
  • Disc: 4
  • Workers: 8

[details=Afterthoughts]
Where’s the boot camp? Or is he going to Elite the Plasmodium for a Tech break?

[/details]

Player 1, Turn 4

[details=Starting Hand]
Boot Camp
Boot Camp
Temporal Research
Seer
Nullcraft
Time Spiral (BC1)
Battle Suits (BC2)
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (7+1float)

Flagstone Garrison, Overeager Cadet
Seer x2
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Mox pings Fargo
  • Boot Camp Mox, draw 1 (7)
  • Boot Camp Mox, draw 1 (6)
  • Seer, Plasmo joins the fray (5)
  • Worker (4)
  • Tech 2 Peace (0)

[details=Workers]
Time Spiral, Forgotten Fighter, Neo Plexus, Tinkerer
[/details]

• Discard 3 Draw 1 rs Draw 4

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

• Tech1 HP: 4
  • Tech2 HP: 5 PEACE

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Plasmodium (4/4+1Armor)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Fading Argonaut (2/3 Fade 2)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Seer (2/1)

####In Play:

• Onimaru (2/3 lvl 1)
  • Hardened Mox (3/3)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

####Gold:

Seer
Boot Camp
Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Boot Camp
[/details]

[/spoiler][/details]

Once again, so many options with PPA. Do I:

• Ping Plexus or Fargo prior to Boot Camp (I’m definitely doing one)
  • If I draw another seer right away, I can erase the Fargo, double patrol Seers, Mox pings Plexus Nullcraft finishes, Oni + Fargo kill tech 2
  • If I don’t, I still can Seer my Plasmo to kill the Fargo and pull that play off, and Nullcraft + Seer means I can still build my own tech 2, but again it’s reasonably likely Oni dies and I get very little value from Boot Camps

Lots of different options, but I’m settling on Patrolling hard with Plasmo Seer and Fargo, buffing my Mox, and building my tech 2. He might be able to get to Oni (if he first cycle teched Hyperion or Tricycloid AND drew it AND has Now! / Battle Suits to combo), but more likely I get to keep my juggerMox rolling AND get my Peace Machine rolling. Worst case is probably just Peace machine and a slight stall on JuggerMox. I’ll live with that.

Ugh no OC or Garrison on the draw, if Oni dies this might suck a bit… At least I got the TR I suppose So Prynn can set up a good draw, and I got my technician most likely
[/spoiler][/details]

1 Like

Yuck. There’s the bootcamps.

1. So, I can break Tech II with a CM’d nullcraft and max Geiger to flicker it. This also lets me kills Plasmo without losing anything. But I have to skip worker and Argo, which means his Seer and Fargo can take out my Plexus and Fargo, and his Oni and Mox can take out both of my heroes. Or max Oni can take my Tech II. Bad. (As bad as letting him have Tech II? Probably.)

2. I can break his Tech I and still worker and Argo. But if I want to take out Plasmo while he’s weak, I have to exhaust 3 units/heroes to take him, and then Argo is my only defense. Mox and Seer take Argo, Fargo takes Zane, and max Oni takes my Tech II. Bad. If I leave Plasmo alone, I have 3 patrollers to protect my heroes. Plasmo and Seer (or nullcraft) takes Argo, Fargo and Mox take Fargo and Plexus. Max Oni takes my Tech II. Bad.

3. I can midband Zane and CM (for $7 of my $8). Have Nullcraft take Oni to max Zane, shifting Plasmo to Lookout and putting it at 3HP. Zane takes Fargo and keeps 2 HP, putting me at $2. Geiger takes Seer and survives. BS. Fargo trades with Plasmo. Plexus hits Tech II for 3. I tech in 2x EQ. And now we’re talking. I’ll lose one of my heroes (his choice), but not my Tech II, and he’ll have a hard time preventing EQ, I think.

4. I can max Zane for $7, shifting Plasmo to Lookout and putting it at 3HP. Zane takes Fargo, putting me at $2. BS. Nullcraft takes Seer. Fargo trades with Plasmo. Plexus trades with Oni; Geiger midbands. Geiger hits Tech II for 2. Similar. He can’t kill Geiger now without Nullcraft, which makes Hyperion/TD more likely. Also sets up for the flickered Hyperion. I’d want to tech another Hyperion+TD here, and aim to flicker and take out Tech II with a Tricycloid.

5. Zane, CM ($4). FF to bounce Plasmo ($2). Tight. Nullcraft takes Oni, then midband Zane for $1 ($1). Zane takes Fargo ($2). BS. Geiger takes Seer. Plexus and Fargo take Tech II. Now that’s looking hot.

6. Same as 5, but midband Geiger instead of Oni, for no money (so at $2). Max Geiger and flicker Nullcraft ($0). Geiger kills Fargo and sparkshots Seer. Zane, Plexus, and Nullcraft break tech II. Fargo remains as patroller (or hits Tech I for 2). I get to keep both heroes. And Hyperion into Tricycloid should take out Tech I the following turn with Nullcraft. And I’m up a card. But without Battlesuits, my Hyperions hit less hard. Still. Strong. Yes. Let’s do this. Teching another Hyperion and TD.
    [/spoiler][/details]

EDIT: Fargo no longer has the Elite bonus, as he’s in the Scav. slot.

P2T4

TECH

Hyperion
Temporal Distortion

STARTING HAND
Forgotten Fighter
Argonaut
Battle Suits
Chaos Mirror

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Plasmodium
Temporal Distortion
Battle Suits

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Fargo fades to 1 rune
Skip worker
Summon Zane - ($6)
Zane casts Chaos Mirror, swapping Nullcraft with Plasmodium - ($4)
Geiger casts Forgotten Fighter, bouncing the now “printed” 1-ATK Plasmodium to hand - ($2)
Nullcraft kills Oni; Geiger to midband
Max Max Geiger, flickering Nullcraft - ($0)
Geiger kills Fargo and Sparkshots Seer; you get $1 and a card; Geiger takes 2
Zane, Plexus, and Nullcraft break your Tech II; your base takes 2

Float ($0)
Discard 2, reshuffle, draw 4

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Fading Argonaut (2/2, Fading @1)
  • Max Geiger, Lv. 5 (3/2, Sparkshot)
  • Captain Zane, Lv. 1 (2/2, Haste)
  • Neo Plexus (2/2)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 6

[details=Afterthoughts]
Welp, I missed both Hyperions, and even Argo. But Geiger has built in card draw, so we can ditch that Plasmodium and hope. (Maybe I should have gone with Technician instead of scav.). CM, BS, and TD all have potential depending on what I draw.

[/details]

1 Like

Player 1, Turn 5

[details=Starting Hand]
Seer
Boot Camp
Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Boot Camp
Plasmodium (returned)
Overeaget Cadet (tehcn)
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (8+1scav)
  • Draw 1 techn

Flagstone Garrison, Chaos Mirror
Seer x2
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Rebuild tech 2
  • Seer, Fargo fades away you get 1g (8)
  • Zane + lvl (5)
  • Mox kills Geiger, Zane Midbands
  • Zane kills imposter Zane, maxbands but nothing to tackle
  • Nullcraft, pings your tech 2 to 4hp (3)
  • Overeager Cadet
  • Worker (2)

[details=Workers]
Plasmodium, Time Spiral, Forgotten Fighter, Neo Plexus, Tinkerer
[/details]

• Discard 3 Draw 2 rs Draw 3

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • Tech2 HP: 5 PEACE

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Seer (2/1+1armor)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Overeager Cadet (2/2)

####In Play:

• Zane (4/4 lvl 6)
  • Hardened Mox (3/3)
  • Nullcraft (1/1)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

• Deck: 4

####Gold:

• Gold: 2
  • Workers: 9

Battle Suits
Flagstone Garrison
Flagstone Garrison
Fading Argonaut
Temporal Research
[/details]

[/spoiler][/details]

Well, I think the right call here is to kill his heroes. TD and Chaos Mirror are now the scariest things (Hyperion or Tricycloid alone aren’t all that threatening).

I am also now ahead on workers and likely to be able to beat him to Gunships if need be, though I don’t think that will be the initial plan here.

Debated replaying Plasmo or workering him and keeping my Boot Camps, ended on workering him as he is a liability for Chaos mirror and floating 2 will be super helpful next turn

Double Garrison but thankfully a unit as well, time to flood the board and keep making mox more terrifying.
[/spoiler][/details]

Zaaaane! shakes fist

I really should have used Fargo to break Tech II and patrolled Plexus last turn. Live and learn!
So: playable cards in hand: Plasmodium and Battle Suits. Hah.

As much as I need BS out, I think I need max Rook more. Which means skipping another worker. Let’s threaten EQ and surprise him? Wishing I had actually teched EQ last few turns, or double EQ last turn at least. If I patrolled Rook in SQL here, I don’t think he’d be able to kill him unless he gets unless he drew Garrison+DS this turn. It’ll be nasty. I’m leaving Rook in Scav. as a lure, expecting a Bootcamp to sideline Plexus. But I need that Scav. bonus to afford Geiger + Hyperion + TD, which is likely my best option.

Pretty sure I’m looooosing. That patrol was clutch. I would have had at least 1 hero alive to work with otherwise, and even Zane shenanigans would have been sufficient to hang on.
[/spoiler][/details]

P2T5

TECH

Earthquake
Earthquake

STARTING HAND
Chaos Mirror
Battle Suits
Plasmodium
Temporal Distortion

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Forgotten Fighter
Time Spiral
Argonaut
Hyperion
Temporal Distortion

Discard

Fading Argonaut
Battle Suits
Temporal Distortion
Plasmodium
Chaos Mirror
Earthquake
Earthquake

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Skip worker
Scav. bonus - ($9)
Summon max Rook - ($0)
Nullcraft pings your Tech II for 1

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Neo Plexus (2/2+a)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Garus Rook, Lv. 8 (4/6, Two Lives)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 4

• Deck: 1
  • Disc: 7

[details=Afterthoughts]
Yeah, I got nothing. Sadness: Hyperion draws other Hyperion. Next turn could be a sad handa.

[/details]

Player 1, Turn 6

[details=Starting Hand]
Battle Suits
Flagstone Garrison
Flagstone Garrison
Fading Argonaut
Temporal Research
Seer
Chaos Mirror :confused: no boot camping
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9+2float)

Overeager Cadet, Origin Story
Seer x2
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Flagstone Garrison (8)
  • Fading Argonaut, draw 1 (6)
  • Seer, Fargo to fade 4, draw 1 (5)
  • Battle Suits (3)
  • Chaos Mirror Rook and my Nullcraft, buzz your tech 2 dead (1)
  • Cadet trades with Plexus
  • Seer and Mox break Rook’s first life
  • Worker (0)

[details=Workers]
Temporal Research, Plasmodium, Time Spiral, Forgotten Fighter, Neo Plexus, Tinkerer
[/details]

• Discard 1 Draw 2 rs Draw 1

###Board Info:
####Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 4 PEACE

####In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Seer (3/1+1armor)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Fading Argonaut (3/3 fade 4)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Zane (4/4 lvl 6)

####In Play:

• Flagstone Garrison (4hp)
  • Hardened Mox (4/3)
  • Battle Suits
  • Nullcraft (1/1)

###Economy Info:

####Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 5

####Gold:

• Workers: 10

Boot Camp
Boot Camp
Origin Story
[/details]

[/spoiler][/details]

[details=My Thoughts]
Break the tech 2, take Rook’s one-up, start up the draw engine. I wanted to Boot Camp rook out of the way and break both tech buildings, but didn’t draw it. This is a decent move to settle for though :wink: Makes the Origin Story not as necessary since I’ll almost certainly get the kill on Rook, but that’s okay. I don’t want to have Zane get Rook within Suicide range, as I don’t think he has the Earthquake and without that, Rook isn’t all that threatening. He probably should have patrolled his Nullcraft instead of attacking with it.
[/details]

Your Garrison is not listed as in play or in buildings. (:

Fixed, ty for noticing :slight_smile:

I also realized I forgot to note my spec in my play area (though I noted it on the turn I built Tech II, so I assumed you got it). That’s fixed.

EDIT: The following turn is illegal, because I don’t have a HH or Tech II. Please see the corrected turn, below.

I think I’m hosed. I think wrecking his patrol with Zane and walking past to kill Tech I with Rook is my safest play, as it will keep him from drawing much, since his primary Tech 0 cards are all already in play. (Plexus is the only thing that will help, I think? I’m sure he workered the Plasmo when I bounced it.) He then has to choose to kill Rook or Tech II. Unfortunately, if I kill Zane (the bigger threat) I draw my other Hyperion, which means I’m not guaranteed it next turn.

If I kill Fargo, I leave my Zane around to get killed by Nullcraft (again, making him choose), but also leave his Zane around for potential spell shenanigans. Well, let’s assume he didn’t draw CM with his 3-card hand, and won’t be drawing more. He sends Zane and and mox to kill Rook (can’t afford to risk the EQ). He sends Nullcraft to poke Tech II. Even if he has CM, he can’t kill Tech II. Unless Elite Training on Mox? But it won’t hit his Nullcraft, so he needs Elite Training and Chaos Mirror to kill them both. So that’ll be 4 free levels to Oni, but I get a guaranteed Hyperion.
Vs. 2 free levels to Oni, and maybe no Hyperion. Either way, Zane won’t be available on my next turn.

Hrmm… Hitting the Zane draws him cards when he has a small hand. Hitting Fargo gets me an extra money I can spend on a Tech Lab: Anarchy, in which case I want to tech in Gunships, and have a chance to build Tech III next turn. Hrrrm. Let’s do that.
[/spoiler][/details]

P2T6

TECH

Pirate Gunship
Pirate Gunship

STARTING HAND
Forgotten Fighter
Argonaut
Temporal Distortion
Time Spiral
Hyperion

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter

NextHand

Argonaut
Hyperion
Neo Plexus
Earthquake
Fading Argonaut

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Rebuild Tech II
Nullcraft pokes Garrison for 1
Summon Zane to max, - ($0)
moving SQL seer to Elite and poking it dead
Zane kills Fargo; we both get $1 - ($1)
Rook walks past Fargo and breaks Tech I; your base takes 2
Build Tech Lab: Anarchy - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

• Captain Zane, Lv. 6 (4/1, Haste)
  • Garus Rook, Lv. 8 (4/6, One life left)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Anarchy)

• Deck: 10

[details=Afterthoughts]
sigh Hyperion was guaranteed (last card in deck), but no TD. I got an EQ, so if he doesn’t kill Rook (how can he afford not to?), then I can wreck everything. But more likely I have to choose between Hyperion + Argo, Hyperion -> hope to draw TD -> Geiger+TD, and Tech III + Argo or tech III + Fargo + Plexus.

[/details]

You can’t have Zane without your tech 2 building :wink:

1 Like

That is problematic, because I have no way of suiciding Rook, let alone suiciding Rook, summoning Zane, then attacking with Rook to break your Tech I.

P2T6

TECH

Pirate Gunship
Pirate Gunship

STARTING HAND
Forgotten Fighter
Argonaut
Temporal Distortion
Time Spiral
Hyperion

WORKERS

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter

NextHand

Hyperion
Hyperion
Fading Argonaut
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Rebuild Tech II
Build Tech Lab: Anarchy - ($6)
Recruit Argonaut - ($3)
Nullcraft pokes your Garrison for 1

Float ($3)
Discard 3, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Argonaut (3/4+a, Readiness)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Garus Rook, Lv. 8 (4/6, One life left)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Anarchy)

• Deck: 9
  • Gold: 3

[details=Thoughts]
Well, I doubt I’ll have a Tech II after this, but if I do, I have 2x Hyperions!

[/details]

Indeed, I was very much intentional about ensuring you didn’t have a way to get another hero out :wink:

GG WP @EricF I remembered to check for lethal!

Player 1, Turn 7

[details=Starting Hand]
Boot Camp
Boot Camp
Origin Story
Cadet bc1
Chaos Mirror bc2
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (10)
  • no techs

Overeager Cadet, Origin Story
Seer x2
Boot Camp x2
[/details]

###Main:

• Oni (8)
  • Boot Camp Argo, draw (7)
  • Boot Camp Rook, draw (6)
  • Chaos Mirror my nullcraft and rook (4)
  • Nullcraft + Zane + Mox + Fargo + Seer destroy your base
1 Like

Thanks for putting thoughts in your posts, that was really cool to read back through (I love the just wanting to fuck with me of going time spiral lol :rofl:)

I think you were spot on that rook + suits or plexus would have been a much better start. It’s funny that we both double whiffed our turn 3 draws.

GG WP and good luck with the rest of the tourney! I’m psyched to see some temporal distortion for Degrey or Chameleon Lizzo or crazy stuff like that!

3 Likes

Yeah, that was fun! Very interesting shenanigans on both sides. (:

Yeah, whiffing the T3 was rough, though whiffing both my Tech IIs and my Tech I on T5 was really rough. I mean, I’m super-proud of what I was able to pull of with Forgotten Fighter and Chaos Mirror (though not happy with who I chose to patrol: Seering my Fargo away was only fair after I TS’d your Plasmo, but caught me by complete surprise). But it would have been nice to have something to put down there.

Oh, and I really regret not teching EQs one turn earlier. I think that would have gotten me where I needed to go.

Boot Camp is so solid.

2 Likes