CAFS 2016: zhavier (Mono Green) vs. jasonwocky (Mono Purple)

Yes, Indestructible units are one of the primary counters to swift strike.

Go ahead and re-do your draws, without changing anything else about the turns taken.

1 Like

Actually, damn. Thereā€™s nothing I need to do. These late games are tough for me to keep in order.

The problem isnā€™t that I did a free T6 worker. The problem is that I documented the same worker on T6 as I did on T5, even though it was already gone.

Nothing to correct; just ignore what I logged as ā€œWorkerā€ and the numbers in my ā€œDiscard Drawā€ step on T6ā€¦the counts at the end of the post were all correct, as is the Next Hand entry. Iā€™ll leave the turn unedited for record-keeping integrity.

Sorry for the bookkeeping error and all the noise. I know it makes it a pain to scroll up and see board state, so Iā€™ll repost my end-of-T7 state here:

Patrol:

• SQL: Immortal (5/5 + 1)
  • ELITE: Fading Argonaut (2+1/3) @ 1
  • SCAV: Tricycloid (3/3)
  • TECHN: Tricycloid (3/3)
  • LOOKOUT: Immortal (5/5)

Info:

• Base: 18
  • Buildings: Tech 1 (5), Tech 2: Present (5), Tower (4)
  • Other: L3 Vir (2/2), L5 Geiger (3/5)
  • Hand: 4
  • Deck: 1
  • Discard: 4
  • Gold: 3
  • Workers: 11

Geiger is a 3/4, not a 3/5.

P1T8

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Momentā€™s Peace
Polymorph: Squirrel

STARTING HAND
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Fairie Dragon
Forestā€™s Favor
Tiny Basilisk

WORKERS
Verdant Tree
Rich Earth
Tiger Cub
Playful Panda
Ironbark Treant
Merfolk Prospector

NextHand

Rampant Growth
Feral Strike
Tiny Basilisk
Momentā€™s Peace
Ferocity

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Calamandra - ($8)
Tyrannosaurus Rex, kills Scav Tricycloid and a Worker - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Potent Basilisk 3/5+A
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Young Treant 1/2
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Spore Shambler 0/1
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Tyrannosaurus Rex 10/10
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Wisp 0/1
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Calamandra 2/3
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Balance)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 7
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10

I feel like this might be another long one.

[details=Starting Hand and Thoughts]Stewardess, Neo Plexus, Battle Suits, Ready or Not.

So I can haz math. Even if heā€™d have killed 2 workers last turn, I could have played my T3 this turn. But Iā€™m no longer sure I want to do that right now.

This is tough. A rare chance to attack that I feel I ought to take advantage of. I can blow up his board mostly, and break his T3, at the cost of not playing my own T3. I think I have to take the opportunity, despite the fact that Ebbflows will be clogging my deck now. The only thing heā€™d be left with is Calamandra, which isnā€™t that much of a threat with no board and when I have a Tower out.

Midori and frikkin MP probably drops again next turn while he rebuilds, of course.
[/details]

Worker

None

Tech

Ready or Not

P2T8

• Collect 1 SCAV gold (4)
  • Tech 1 card
  • Collect 10g (14)
  • Fading Argonaut fades out of existence
  • Peek at the only card in my deck.
Peek

Hyperion

• Vir swap top card with card in hand. (13)
Swap

Get Hyperion for a Ready or Not

• Hyperion (8)
  • Hyperion + Tricycloid trade with Basilisk, I draw a card
Draw

Ready or Not

• 2 Immortals kill TRex, you get a card. Immortals disable and heal.
  • Stewardess of the Undone, bouncing Wisp and paying resist (4)
  • Geiger kills Treant, takes 1. Sparkshots Spore Shambler
  • Geiger casts Ready or Not on an Immortal (0)
  • Immortal breaks Tech 3; your base at 18
  • Vir hits your base for 2, now @ 16
  • Patrol as Below
  • Discard 2, RS, Draw 4
  • Float 0g

Patrol:

• SQL: Stewardess (2/3 + 1)
  • ELITE:
  • SCAV:
  • TECHN:
  • LOOKOUT:

Info:

• Base: 18
  • Buildings: Tech 1 (5), Tech 2: Present (5), Tower (4)
  • Other: L3 Vir (2/2), L5 Geiger (3/4), Immortal (5/5), Immortal (5/5)
  • Deck: 8
  • Discard: 0
  • Workers: 10
Next Hand

Archon, Nullcraft, Battle Suits, Hyperion.

Geiger is at 3/3.

P1T9

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Feral Strike
Momentā€™s Peace
Tiny Basilisk
Ferocity
Rampant Growth
Fairie Dragon

WORKERS
Verdant Tree
Rich Earth
Tiger Cub
Playful Panda
Ironbark Treant
Merfolk Prospector
Feral Strike

NextHand

Dinosize
Momentā€™s Peace

Discard

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Potent Basilisk
Young Treant
Spore Shambler
Momentā€™s Peace
Ferocity
Rampant Growth

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + Scav - ($11)
Midori - ($9)
Momentā€™s Peace - ($7)
Rebuild Tech 3
Tiny Basilisk - ($5)
Fairie Dragon, Feather Rune on Tiny Basilisk - ($1)
Worker - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Calamandra 2/3+A
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Midori 2/3
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Tiny Basilisk 3/1, Feather Rune
  • Fairie Dragon 4/2
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Balance)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Deck: 2
  • Disc: 7
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Workers: 11

/sigh, I think Iā€™m going to resign. Playing around MP is just too exhausting! I feel like I knew exactly the build you were running from the start and I just canā€™t find a reasonable answer to it in Purple, which is frustrating. I feel like either of us could end up winning but at this stage itā€™s going to come down to a lot of work with a result thatā€™s ultimately going to come down to some luck. So instead of that Iā€™m happy to yield and come back to playing when I figure out how to deal with monogreen.

@EricF

Oh also gg and really wp! Your opening threw me for a loop a bitā€¦never saw Spore Shambler that early beforeā€¦nice set up. I thought you were going to wreck me with Behind the Ferns.

My favorite Spore Shambler opening doesnt work against purple! T1 Spore, T2 Ironbark, move Rune to Ironbark, T3 Ferocity or Centaur with 2nd Rune. But your T2 could have bounced ironbark with Forgotten Fighters.

GG! Very well played on your part as well. My biggest regret was not teching Polymorph a cycle sooner, at least one copy, but I was honestly more convinced that 2 Hyperions were coming to wreck my face, and you kept not playing abttle suits for me to destroyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, my recommendation would be Future against monogreen. Green has issues with flyers. Wandering Mimic/Fairie Dragon doesnā€™t fair well against Void Star and Hive.

Future would be interesting, but I didnā€™t feel like my limiting factor was a unit mismatch. It was more that i just couldnā€™t attack.

Purple is so unit dependent that MP really wrecks it. There isnā€™t a single hero that can punish it as far as I can see.

Basically it seems that Balance is guaranteed to at least get to tech 3 and beyond vs Purple (at least as P1), which is when the game starts getting more luck dependent imo. Iā€™d hope to be wrong about that but I canā€™t figure out how, despite spending time up front in this game thinking about more or less exactly the build you went with.

Geiger and Tricycloid is great punishment against MP, but you also need to kill tricycloids so they can come back for more targeted damage. It is also why I was hesitant to kill bot Tricycloids, though in retrospect I might as well have killed both.

Yeah I teched 3Cs before Hyperions specifically for this matchup, and they did ok, but I canā€™t get them killed if I canā€™t attack.

Red can do face damage; White has Earthquake, TPOTS, and strong heroes. Black has Metamorphosis and DnD. Blue has Onimaru and his spells, and FS / Newsman. I just donā€™t see much of a non-unit-attacking win condition in Purple. An unphased hero is pretty weak.

Bouncing them to put in arbitrary units with Temporal Distortion also works. Rememberer and Chronofixer are good options (Chronofixer to keep Greenā€™s heroes down at 3 hp (4 with Forestā€™s Favor), where your heroes / tri-cycloids have the ability to kill them, Rememberer to present an undending wall of blockers, ground and air, while you pursue other goals)

TD is interesting. Iā€™ve not had much luck with the Remember package vs Balance but Iā€™d try it again (trading with the Potents is problematic before the Rays come out, and once the TRexes start dropping I couldnā€™t keep up board, and a TRex doesnā€™t mind being bounced by an Archon one bit).

TD is great, but if you use it early it can clog your deck.

Yeah, I could also use Undo, but since the Potent is untargetable itā€™s less useful overall.

Hmm, ok upon further review, I have a few more things to try. It was touch-and-go there for a bit. Until next time! :slight_smile:

We can play a casual match if you are so inclined.

Sure, thanks! Iā€™ll start a thread.