CAFS 2016: PointyFinger (Mono Red) vs. bravo840 ([Necro]/Blood/Ninjitsu)

Whoops. Thought about patrolling him on the Elite spot. Wrote it up that way and then decided to put him in Technician. Disregard the +1. He is a 4/3 as printed. Sorry for the typos.

I also think your base is at 10. You missed a dmg when you killed Drakk 2 turns ago

You are right again. I need some practice paying attention to all the little details in the forum posts. Most of the games I’ve played have been in person where the cards are in front of me. Thank you for your patience. I hope you aren’t prepared to do 10 to my base this turn :grimacing:

Tech 0 card(s)
Collect Gold - (11)
Zane attacks Porcupine for 3 and dies
Marauder trades into Porcupine
Summon Jaina - (9)
Summon Drakk - (7)
Flame Arrow Glorious Ninja - (3)
Bloodlust Jaina and Drakk - (1)
Drakk attacks your base for 2 (8 health)
Jaina attacks your base for 3 (5 health)
Makeshift Rambaster attacks your base for 3 (2 health)
Play Lobber - (0)
Lobber destroys your base

Well played! I was hoping to slow you down with the Porcupines but it didn’t seem to slow you down much.

@EricF PointyFinger wins in Round 2 of the CAFS 2016.

Yeah, when I went through your best tech options for ninjitsu I brought in the Chameleon. Your porcupines landed on turns where I had a power turn so they didn’t line up super well, partly because of taking you off tech 2 on the turns they would have been better against my moves.

It also felt like you went low on cards at a weird time, there were a few turns in a row where I had a board and you only had a few cards where I felt like I could really do whatever I wanted.

takes 3 gold, u could not build tech I

Legion is correct, but tournament rules have it so that the game plays out as is because it is too many turns back to fix. It is important for you to always check that what your opponent did is legal. It looks like pointy was considering getting the gold he needed by midbanding zane and using zane on the skeleton, but then garth would have lived.

Well this feels pretty bad. If @bravo840 can play out a rematch before Thursday and it’s ok with the tournament organizers I am willing to do that, I don’t like potentially having won because of a mistake.

@PointyFinger While your sportsmanship is admirable, I can’t set a precedent of allowing re-matches, due to tournament logistics. As zhavier said, the only options are to either give you a game loss for the error, or let the result stand. My judgement is that the error was not game-defining (the subsequent turns could have played out similarly, even with your Tech I delayed), so I’m not going to apply a game loss. If you disagree, or if you feel it is the right thing to do, you may concede this game, but that is in no way expected.

I made several mistakes over the course of the game. Be it typos or neglecting to update the health of my buildings. @PointyFinger picked up on those and pointed them out quickly. Had I done the same, we wouldn’t be talking about it now. I am just as responsible for keeping track of the game state as he is and I have no desire to see PointyFinger concede and lose this game for an accounting error. It was a well played game and if PointFinger wants an unofficial rematch, I invite him to post a casual thread and take the first turn, as he did here.