CAFS 2016: Marto ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

Let’s see if there is any way to beat [Past]/Peace/Anarchy :wink: @EricF

T1:

Hand

Pestering Haunt, Javelineer, Thieving Imp, Graveyard, Summon Skeletons (W)

Collect 4 gold (4)
Worker (3)
Summon Garth (1)
Skeleton token (0)
Pestering Haunt (0)

discard 3, draw 5

Patrol:
Leader: lvl 1 Garth 1/3+1
Elite:
Scavenger: Skeleton token 1/1
Technician:
Lookout:

Buildings:
Units/Heroes: Pestering Haunt
Base: 20
Other:

Economy:
Workers: 5
Spare gold: 0
Hand: 5
Deck: 0
Discard: 3

Redraw

Jandra, Rogue, StW, Skeletal Archery, Deteriorate

Guys, a little request. Maybe you could put some ‘thoughts’ spoiler on your turn. Just 1 sentence or 2 explaining ur strats and/or decision delima. I will be making a video using ur pbf match (if it’s ok with you) along with your thoughts spoilers.

[details=P2, Turn 1]Battle Suits
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox
Nullcraft
Tinkerer -> Worker

So, I just played this matchup. The key is to not let the Skeletons accumulate too much, and develop a board to threaten the Tech 2. Against a Garth start, I should be able to land a turn 3 Tech II building, and get a swarm of blockers out before his Tech II comes online.
[/details]
5 gold (5)
Worker (4)
Nullcraft (2), Kill the Pestering Haunt
Onimaru (0)
Discard 3, Draw 5.

SQL - Onimaru (2/3 +1)

Nullcraft (1/1)

Base - 20

6 workers, 0 gold
Deck: 0
Discard: 3

ease-of-finding bump for the followers!

T2:

[details=Hand]Jandra, Rogue (W), StW, Skeletal Archery, Deteriorate
Tech 2x Bone Collector

I played my first turn while busy on non-Codex stuff and I’ll probably lose the game on it. Garth + Haunt is worth only with Skele jav on T2 or Deteriorate against non-Purple starter, as it hits hardly anything. Onimaru + Nullcraft totally beat my start. I see very few options not to be beaten down by early tech II Peace…[/details]

Collect 5 gold (5)
Worker (4)
Tech I (2)
Skeleton token (1)

discard 4, rs, draw 5

Patrol:
Leader:
Elite:
Scavenger: Skeleton token 1/1
Technician: Skeleton token 1/1
Lookout:

Buildings: Tech I 5hp
Units/Heroes: lvl 1 Garth 1/3
Other:

Economy:
Workers: 6
Spare gold: 0
Deck: 5
Discard: 0

Redraw

Bone Collector, Skeletal Archery, Deteriorate, Bone Collector, Thieving Imp

[details=Player 2, Turn 2]Forgotten fighter
Neo plexus
Fading Argonaut
Time Spiral
Plasmodium -> Worker

So, after due consideration I dont see a good way for Marto to punish the play I make here. It delays my Tech 1 (and therefore my tech 2 as well), but I think having the extra guy out is going to be better in the medium run.

I’ll tech in some random answers at this point, and can follow up with some tech 2 stuff and cadets later.
Tech: Stewardess and Boot camp.
[/details]
6 gold (6)
Worker (5)
Forgotten Fighter on the Technician skeleton. (2)
Nullcraft kills the Scavenger skeleton, putting you at 2 floating gold, I believe.
Oni kills Garth, levels to 3
Fading Argo (0)
Discard 2, rs, draw 4.

Tech - Fading Argonaut (2/3) [3]

L3 Onimaru (2/2)
Nullcraft (1/1)

Base - 20

7 workers, 0 gold
Hand: 4
Deck: 4

[details=Next Hand]Boot Camp
Stewardess of the Undone
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus[/details]

1 Like

T3:

[details=Hand]Bone Collector, Skeletal Archery, Deteriorate, Bone Collector, Thieving Imp (W)
Tech 2x Crashbarrow

I prefer workering Imp over Archery, just in case I manage to keep some skeletons alive, so I can kill that deadly Nullcraft. I won’t have the gold to play an Imp imho.[/details]

Collect 6 gold + float + scav (8)
Worker (7)
Bone Collector (5)
Bone Collector (3)
Summon Quince (1)

discard 2, draw 4

Patrol:
Leader: Bone Collector 3/3+1
Elite:
Scavenger: Bone Collector 3/3
Technician: Mirror token 0/1
Lookout:

Buildings: Tech I 5hp
Units/Heroes: lvl 1 Quince 1/3
Other:

Economy:
Workers: 7
Spare gold: 1
Hand: 4
Deck: 1
Discard: 5

Redraw

Haunt, Jandra, StW, Graveyard

[details=P2, Turn 3]All as expected. If I boot camp a collector and draw exactly Battle Suits, I could kill Quince, but I don’t even like where that leaves me, so write it off. This was the board position best answered by Elite Training, but I figued I’d be in a good enough position, even without it.

Worker the Neo Plexus. I have 2 spare gold to throw on something, so I could Boot Camp the Mirror and speed up my cycling a bit. In which case I want to bring in 2x Cadet, but that also delays the availability of tech 2 stuff until turn 6, since it misses the cycle.

I could also just trade off the Argo and let Quince attack whatever he wants (only legal target wiuld be my 3/1 +1 Oni). This actually seems OK: it clears the board, and leaves us both at 5 cards, Tech 1, and 1 or 2 floating gold, but I have L5 hero to his L1, and I have a bonus Nullcraft. With 9 gold, he could spend 6 to run a nullcraft copy into Oni, and then max out Quince by killing Oni. This can happen pretty much regardless of what I do, but it’s pretty expensive and delays his tech 2, at least (he can play something cheap, but I still have my nullcraft to kill it). And, you know, trading gold back and forth is exactly what I want to be doing as Player 2.

Now, revisiting the tech question. I’m going to draw 2 of 6 cards, including my tech choices for this turn. I think one Garrison makes sense, then I can grab a second one and/or Temporal Research on turn 5 to draw into them if I do draw it on turn 4. The other card is Overeager Cadet, because I’m happy to draw that turn 4 or 5.

Hand:
Neo Plexus
Stewardess
Boot Camp
Temporal Research
+Forgotten Fighter (worker) [/details]
7 gold (7)
Boot Camp the mirror (6)
Worker (5)
Tech 1 (3)
Level Oni to 5 (1)
Oni kills Squad Leader
Nullcraft and Fading Argo kill Scavenger (argo dies)
Discard 3, Draw 3, rs, Draw 2. Float 1 gold.

SQL - L5 Onimaru (3/1 +1)

Nullcraft (1/1)

Base - 20
Tech 1 - 5

8 workers, 1 gold
Deck: 5

[details=Next Hand]Hardened Mox
Time Spiral
Battle Suits
Neo Plexus
Temporal research
[/details]

1 Like

is this still happening?

@Marto hasn’t gotten back to me on messages.