CAFS 2016: CarpeGuitarrem (Mono Red) vs. FrozenStorm ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

You could have teched one or two spells, and possibly / probably drawn into them, which I think will be an interesting discussion.

Also relevant: how to attack, and how to patrol.

1 Like

Yes, now that you have pointed out my faulty memory of steam tank, I CERTAINLY should have suicided a sarge before moving runes off it, to eliminate the SQL tank. Complete misplay on my part, did not realize how close I was to losing a base race! Also 100% should have patrolled the other sarge in lookout over Seer, to stay as beefy as possible

1 Like

I was actually surprised myself by how much potential burst Steam Tanks yield. I looked at my board position, crossed my fingers, and said “I can actually afford Drakk + 2x Kidnapping here, so if my Steam Tanks don’t die…”

Yea I debated patrolling 4 or 5 too, as I thought “there’s no way he breaks through 4 with only 8 gold, and the steam tanks don’t kill me anyway”

SO GLAD I DID 5 JUST IN CASE #REDTHINGS!

1 Like

Why wouldn’t you patrol 5, though?

debated not using elite to avoid extra damage to my units from kidnapping. hindsight it makes no sense, they’d die regardless, so I went with all 5

1 Like

I think the other thing is that…you don’t really need that many runes on Nullcraft (whether it’s a 16/15 or a 10/9, I still lose in two turns), so you can use them on things like trading into my Steam Tanks for safer play. Didn’t matter here, but it could have!

Personally, I’m kicking myself for some very early mistakes I made, like my first techs and my first workers.

1 Like

Okay now I understand this PPA combo. Dangsauce.

2 Likes

I know, right? Like, I had this vague idea that he was going to use Battle Suits to act as a permanent buff to all those Soldiers and Mystics in Blue and Purple (and Red!), and that he’d use Flagstone Garrison to keep up the pressure, but the Nullcraft endgame was something I somehow never saw coming. Oops.

The purple starter has a LOT to offer the PPA combo, yea.

2 Likes