(I apologize if this ends up in the wrong forum, my phone isn’t playing too nicely with the forum software. If that does happen, and someone could move it to the right spot, I’d be grateful)
Codex Rulebook 46 says on page 1 (and possibly elsewhere) that a base is a building. Does that mean the base counts as a building for the effects of True Power of Storms (Discipline Ultimate Magic), Earthquake (Strength Ultimate Magic), the “damages a building” ability on Molting Firebird (Fire Tech II Unit), the “arrives” ability on Artisan Mantis (Growth Tech II Unit), etc.?
- It seems crazy to me if it does, but I can’t figure out any other reason TPoS would do so much damage.
Regarding Overpower: if a unit with overpower (and no other abilities) kills a squad leader, can it then apply its excess damage to other non-flying patrollers? It wouldn’t have been able to attack them before, but it can as soon as the squad leader dies, so I’m a bit unsure. (Or, if there are no other non-flying patrollers, can it go to any other available target?)
- It seems to me like it shouldn’t be able to (because you couldn’t have attacked anything but the squad leader) but then that makes overpower pretty, well, underpowered. Or at least situational.
On a similar note, if attacking a patroller with armor, would the “excess” damage for the sake of overpower be not just the difference between atk and remaining hp, but the difference between atk and the sum of remaining hp and remaining armor?
- This almost certainly should, I’m just clarifying because of the specificity in calculating excess in the “rulings” doc.
Regarding Circle of Life (Balance Magic) and Gigadon (Feral Tech II Unit): is the “cost” of Gigadon always the printed cost, or could Circle of Life put Gigadon into play if the active player controlled enough green creatures to bring its cost down to 5 or less?
- I lean towards the cost being the printed cost rather than the adjusted cost, but either seems reasonable.
I noticed the ruling page said an indestructible card brought to 0 HD via -1/-1 runes would just be exhausted “forever”. Would it not be possible to give it +1/+1 runes to cancel the negative ones, thus making it viable again?
- This seems totally reasonable to me, but is not what the ruling strictly says.