[All Cards] Nekoatl vs. FrozenStorm

Was there a rule against summoning a hero who had died once already or something? I noticed Nekoatl kept a list of dead heroes in the Thoughts section that didn’t change between turns, but I didn’t see anything about that in the rules overview in either the first or second post.

GG WP Frozen. I suppose the strongest strategies will still be the strongest strategies, unless there is some hidden 4+ faction gem out there waiting to be discovered (or, ya know, maxband River + an army of tech 0 units… lol…). It might make for stale competitive play for that reason, and because I feel like mid-tier strategies that are highly vulnerable to specific counters but get a chance to shine when not facing those counters are less viable. Still, I really enjoyed the feeling of freedom when teching cards, and I think this could be super fun for casual games where players just want to goof around and try wacky things. Would play again, but the recent talk in Nudging the tiller - balance has reminded me that we have some unfinished testing that I’m kind of itching to get back to.

I try to keep a list of dead heroes in my thoughts whenever I have access to Blackhand Resurrector because it’s easier than looking back through the turn history to figure out if a hero has died or not. Actually playing one in this format seems like it’d be overpowered at first glance, but felt very awkward in practice, because it can only resurrect dead heroes and once resurrected, they crowd out your ability to bring in the ones that haven’t died yet, which is why I didn’t bother to tech one.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense.

I think I’d prefer to do the other balance testing as well. This is silly and fun but also a bit overwhelming. GG WP!